Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Adding aftermarket performance parts to your Hellcat

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
To each their own. I'm more of a performance modification person as opposed to body/style. The car in my opinion is perfect body line wise and the black on black on black paint: 👌
Agreed except I like mine white:cool:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Dude, can you say, 'Booooring'? :sleep:

The factory plastic 'spoiler' had to go. It was nothing more than a cheapo housing for the back-up camera and rated exactly '0' on the Street Aggression Meter (SAM).

I replaced mine with a custom 3-pc fiberglass ducktail that screams Old School muscle-car flare.

View attachment 43316

'Cats really need more roof wing and fender flares. That combo, plus the trunk spoiler, really pumps up the SAM score without all the 'low-rider'/wide-body stylistic b.s. that kids find so popular today.

View attachment 43315

Mine's a 'work in progress.'

Maybe some day ... a few years from now: ;)

View attachment 43318

More to the Mad-Max mods here:
https://www.hotcars.com/mad-max-challenger-hellcat-has-never-been-more-ready-for-the-apocalypse/

:cool:
Man...you're making me wish I still had my '70 Torino GT. It would be a relatively easy modification to have my own Interceptor

Member ID
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Man...you're making me wish I still had my '70 Torino GT. It would be a relatively easy modification to have my own Interceptor
Alright Starsky!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Close.....mine was a '70 just like this one. It had a 429 in it with a/c, which was pretty bitchin' in 1982 when I was in high school cuz not many older cars in my area had a/c. It was awesome to go to the drive in movie and be able to close the windows and not get eaten alive by mosquitoes.
That car cost me $875 then.

70 Torino.jpg

Member ID
Reactions
City
Memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
Close.....mine was a '70 just like this one. It had a 429 in it with a/c, which was pretty bitchin' in 1982 when I was in high school cuz not many older cars in my area had a/c. It was awesome to go to the drive in movie and be able to close the windows and not get eaten alive by mosquitoes.

View attachment 43346
Beautiful Old School street muscle right there! (y)

Member ID
Reactions
City
Memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
Agreed except I like mine white.
If mine were white, I'd definitely have left it in stock trim, as a 'sort of' respectful homage to the white Challenger in the classic muscle car movie, Vanishing Point.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat

View attachment 43346
Sweet!

Scar

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Yeah most folks seek more HP although unless they're tracking their car they will never use the stock HP provided. 99% of Mods and upgrades are not necessary (including oil catch cans), but, most are followers (sheep) vice leaders and just follow the pack.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Up your traction before upping the horsepower. At least that is what makes sense to me. Unless you never launch from a stop you're just wasting all that extra power.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Yeah most folks seek more HP although unless they're tracking their car they will never use the stock HP provided. 99% of Mods and upgrades are not necessary (including oil catch cans), but, most are followers (sheep) vice leaders and just follow the pack.
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oil catch cans are absolutely necessary.....if you don't have one.....what's gonna catch all that oil??????????

rainman.gif

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Member ID
Reactions
City
Memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
Up your traction before upping the horsepower.
I agree.

The best and cheapest mod I ever did was putting Nitto drag radials on the rears. My 'Cat, a 2016, dyno-ed 726hp. That's stock. No mods under the hood, and it's never been to the track or strip. The Nittos really help with getting the 'biggest-bang-for-your-HP-buck' from a factory set-up. Plus they weren't that expensive as 'street performance' tires go.

Dodge is notorious for understanding it HP ratings, at least for Hemi engine cars. They did this even back in the day during the first Muscle Car era, i.e., late '60s-early '70s. Dodge honchos understood they couldn't sell Hemi-powered 400hp muscle cars to average Joe's if they couldn't get insurance.

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I agree.

The best and cheapest mod I ever did was putting Nitto drag radials on the rears. My 'Cat, a 2016, dyno-ed 726hp. That's stock. No mods under the hood, and it's never been to the track or strip. The Nittos really help with getting the 'biggest-bang-for-your-HP-buck' from a factory set-up. Plus they weren't that expensive as 'street performance' tires go.

Dodge is notorious for understanding it HP ratings, at least for Hemi engine cars. They did this even back in the day during the first Muscle Car era, i.e., late '60s-early '70s. Dodge honchos understood they couldn't sell Hemi-powered 400hp muscle cars to average Joe's if they couldn't get insurance.

Do you find that the drag radials kick up stones and debris on your lower quarter panels? I'm concerned about the soft compound tires sandblasting my paint. Thanks.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
No more than regular tires in my experience.

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Haven't read the whole thread but I don't think the Hellcat needs many mods. Mine has a Barton and I did the clutch delay valve delete and the car is perfect in my opinion. My Boss 302 on the other hand was NA when I bought it and it felt slow especially at my altitude. Some people think it's sacrilegious to add a blower to this car, but I don't really care. With the Whipple and supporting mods the car is a blast to drive. Downside of course is I'll never get what I have in the car out of it if/when I sell.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I agree.

726hp to the wheels stock? Not a chance in hell. Sorry I don't believe it.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I suspect he means calculated HP at the crank (and we all know how that can be played with). There's no way that's at the wheels; not stock.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
Do you find that the drag radials kick up stones and debris on your lower quarter panels? I'm concerned about the soft compound tires sandblasting my paint. Thanks.
Nope. First thing before leaving the dealership, I had the SRT tech attach those black splash guards at the inside bottom rears of the fenders.

Been go to go ever since ... Like so:

photo.JPG

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
I suspect he means calculated HP at the crank (and we all know how that can be played with). There's no way that's at the wheels; not stock.
Correct. At the crank.

HP rule of thumb sez you factor for a rough 10% loss from the crank to the wheels. Do the math ...

That's still over 650HP 'at the wheels,' and if you want the effective application of HP on the street, highway, or strip, your simplest, cheapest solution is always a set of good drag radials.

A Hellcat bud calls his pair, 'the Big Meats.'

I'm pretty sure he means the tires. :unsure:;)

Last edited:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I've run numerous sets of drag radials and even at stock power on the street you cannot launch at WOT in these cars. They're better than stickers obviously but I've never seen any rubber that this car cant light up with a WOT launch on the street. Used multiple sets of Mickey thompson et street ss and 555Rs. Sized 275 295 and 305. On my 11 x 20 rears I could have gone up to 315 w no rub but never bothered.