Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Be careful buying used cars

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
Thread Starter #21
Thanks for the help fuman I'll try it again when I get home fro work 2moro 5am comes early...I'm give out but I wont give up

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Your fuel isn’t whacky you are just running out. Demon injectors won’t work for that boost level.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #23
I think I'm just gonna take the incognito sleeve off and put it on my stock hellcat. They say it dont have to be tuned it only raise's the boost 2lbs. that way my b5 hellcat will only have 15 lbs. Will the demon injector be enough for that ya think?

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I think I'm just gonna take the incognito sleeve off and put it on my stock hellcat. They say it dont have to be tuned it only raise's the boost 2lbs. that way my b5 hellcat will only have 15 lbs. Will the demon injector be enough for that ya think?
I never recommend demon injectors. I had issues with them only running a 2.85 upper.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I wouldn’t put the incognito on w/out a tune

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #26
I never recommend demon injectors. I had issues with them only running a 2.85 upper.
yeah there already installed . I will talk with the guy thats doing my tune and see what he recommends He's the one that has to tune the car anyway. But I know ID 1050X or FIC 1200cc is what I'm thinking about

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #27
I wouldn’t put the incognito on w/out a tune
I would have to do it without a tune cant risk unlocking the pcm...and it's only 1.5 to 2 lbs. boost anyway.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #28
That's what I'm having a problem understanding the Demon is 840hp...So why wouldnt they work in car with less hp?

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
That's what I'm having a problem understanding the Demon is 840hp...So why wouldnt they work in car with less hp?
You have to remember that is 840 crank hp. Also the demon has dual pumps for more fuel pressure. I also believe the fuel rails are different.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
A stock demon makes 14.5 lbs of boost. The 2.85 upper pulley on a Hellcat can make 3-4lbs of boost on top of stock which is ~15 however this is an estimate. You could be making 16lbs of boost, the logs you provided said you were well north of this with the 2.85 and incognito when I did the number crunch on the PRatio value. I think at a moment like this you need to step back and think to yourself:

1.) why isn't my tuner aware that these injectors are not going to work?
2.) why isn't my tuner recommending 1050x injectors from ID or something similar?
3.) why isn't my tuner telling me to stop doing WOT pulls as this could grenade the motor?
4.) is grenading my motor worth this.

No tuner other than someone trying to take your money and grenade your motor is what this sounds like. It is quite universal that if you buy a pulley to add more boost at a minimum you are going to need 1050x injectors. Demon injectors will be maxed out almost immediately. I don't want you to think of this as trying to tell you how to spend your money but more like looking out for your motor and you. Take a step back, find a new tuner and get the right size injectors. You will thank yourself later when you have a 2.85 and the incognito.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
A stock demon makes 14.5 lbs of boost. The 2.85 upper pulley on a Hellcat can make 3-4lbs of boost on top of stock which is ~15 however this is an estimate. You could be making 16lbs of boost, the logs you provided said you were well north of this with the 2.85 and incognito when I did the number crunch on the PRatio value. I think at a moment like this you need to step back and think to yourself:

1.) why isn't my tuner aware that these injectors are not going to work?
2.) why isn't my tuner recommending 1050x injectors from ID or something similar?
3.) why isn't my tuner telling me to stop doing WOT pulls as this could grenade the motor?
4.) is grenading my motor worth this.

No tuner other than someone trying to take your money and grenade your motor is what this sounds like. It is quite universal that if you buy a pulley to add more boost at a minimum you are going to need 1050x injectors. Demon injectors will be maxed out almost immediately. I don't want you to think of this as trying to tell you how to spend your money but more like looking out for your motor and you. Take a step back, find a new tuner and get the right size injectors. You will thank yourself later when you have a 2.85 and the incognito.
I think maybe he isn’t a mopar tuner. Than I think injector duty cycle is injector duty cycle no matter the car. And PE is PE. so that’s what’s needed for wot on the fueling side. So doesn’t add up one bit. Who ever is tuning this car in general isn’t a good tuner

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I think maybe he isn’t a mopar tuner. Than I think injector duty cycle is injector duty cycle no matter the car. And PE is PE. so that’s what’s needed for wot on the fueling side. So doesn’t add up one bit. Who ever is tuning this car in general isn’t a good tuner
I agree with what you are saying, we can speculate all we want on his tuner but I think we both agree on the following: I wouldn't let this tuner touch my car ever...

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
A hellcat uses 600 Cc injectors and 80 psi fuel pressure .
A demon uses 700 Cc injectors and 105 psi fuel pressure.

The higher pressure makes the injector "appear " bigger then it really is .

Also the hellcat has 1 fuel pump and the demon has 2 . When you raise the fuel pressure you decrease the volume of fuel sent to the engine . Hence the 2 pumps .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #34
I do agree and I'm already decided to go with either FIC 1200 or ID1050X..I'm gonna have to take the seat out and check what pump is in there....I have walbro 525 and also a AEM 50-1000 High Flow pump. But the walbro 525 should work for what I have I reckon. No the guy that's tuning my car told me not to go wot till he could get it dialed in closer.The log I showed you guys was before the tune....when I seen it I knew that it had to be tuned. You would think that someone put the mods on there would had it tuned.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #35
A hellcat uses 600 Cc injectors and 80 psi fuel pressure .
A demon uses 700 Cc injectors and 105 psi fuel pressure.

The higher pressure makes the injector "appear " bigger then it really is .

Also the hellcat has 1 fuel pump and the demon has 2 . When you raise the fuel pressure you decrease the volume of fuel sent to the engine . Hence the 2 pumps .

Yep I agree with that...I was looking at the dual 285 I think it's a plug and play set up

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Both fantastic injector choices . I have used both .
Another option is the JMS bap . It works very well easy to install and set up if you are only racing occasionally. If you plan on racing a lot suggestion a dual pump kit .

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #37
Now see that's the way I was thinking if he never see it wot how can you tune it to the best it can be...I reckon thats the reason I'm not a tuner just old heavy equipment operator.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #38
Both fantastic injector choices . I have used both .
Another option is the JMS bap . It works very well easy to install and set up if you are only racing occasionally. If you plan on racing a lot suggestion a dual pump kit .

No I dont race often just maybe 4 or 5 times a year Mainly for mopar event or something similar

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Yep I agree with that...I was looking at the dual 285 I think it's a plug and play set up
Excellent choice on the pumps . I have one of the original dual pump kits from injected engineering and it had the 274 pumps .
I had a problem last year when I ran E90 fuel . I had ID 1050 injectors and was maxing them out so I had to raise the fuel pressure to compensate but then maxed out the pumps .
I have since swapped in FIC1440 injectors and 2 new 285 pumps . Now I have no issue with fuel volume even on E98 .

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
No I dont race often just maybe 4 or 5 times a year Mainly for mopar event or something similar
A good friend of mine has a 2.85 upper and a 10% lower and uses a JMS with the stock hellcat pump and it works fine for the few times he runs at the track . But he runs gasoline only . If a person considers E85 then in my opinion dual pumps are necessary.