Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Brainerd Raceway

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
@DGatzby / @TrackDay

Any events left at Brainard worth me making a drive? I'd like to do what David did and make a quick visit trip and see a new track.... I'm checking their schedule and it seems like there's nothing on it.. but then again, that might mean i'm not doing it right.

https://www.brainerdraceway.com/events/

If it truly is "dead" between now an end of season, I guess i'll end up waiting till spring.. But would be nice to do it now and burn some vacation before end of year.

OP
sad

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
Thread Starter #2
would be nice to organize a forum event where several people could gather at a track (road course/circuit!!!!) like some of the drag racing guys have done in the past... but then again i know the logistics of those type of events are a pain. *sigh*

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
“Events” for the year are probably done if you want a weekend type of a deal. Drive the Vette up for this Monday. Brainerd Performance School. Comp Course morning and long configuration in the afternoon. I am enrolled for what will be my last track day of 2020.

Tell me how to make those pads work. I put them on and took them off. Some secret to bedding them? They made the car stop sideways in a sort of a pull/drift and it did not seem to want to improve.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Porsche Club likely still has a weekend event next month but last year it was cold and rainy. Mid October here is as unpredictable as April.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
would be nice to organize a forum event where several people could gather at a track (road course/circuit!!!!) like some of the drag racing guys have done in the past... but then again i know the logistics of those type of events are a pain. *sigh*
When we talked about meeting up before the favorite location was Mid Ohio.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I still need to replace my trailer so I can travel to these places.

OP
sad

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7
“Events” for the year are probably done if you want a weekend type of a deal. Drive the Vette up for this Monday. Brainerd Performance School. Comp Course morning and long configuration in the afternoon. I am enrolled for what will be my last track day of 2020.
Well phooey. I really wanted to do something like an HPDE, not necessarily a "school". Got one here and I may do it again in October. Got a friend wanting to do it. Told him if he wanted to go, i'd go with him.

Based upon what you and @TrackDay are saying, guess I'll wait till the spring. OR maybe like he suggested something 1/2 between us? I'd be up for that too... Anything i suppose.

Tell me how to make those pads work. I put them on and took them off. Some secret to bedding them? They made the car stop sideways in a sort of a pull/drift and it did not seem to want to improve.
So after you swapped them left to ridght they still pulled? Pulled the same direction as before or did the pull follow the pad?
And you did the typical 60->25; 60-25; 60->25 for a number of more times... and then do the same thing at higher speeds all without coming to a complete stop? And if you put the stock pads back in, does it continue to do so? (just wondering if a caliper is stuck or something like that).

If yes to all the above i would give Dan the lead guy here -> http://www.cobaltfriction.com/Default.asp
loves to talk brakes and is super nice... he might have a few suggestions.

If he doesn't and/or you cant get them to work for you, you can send them back to me if you like.. i'll give you $$ back. Whatever works for you I'll do.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Well phooey. I really wanted to do something like an HPDE, not necessarily a "school". Got one here and I may do it again in October. Got a friend wanting to do it. Told him if he wanted to go, i'd go with him.

Based upon what you and @TrackDay are saying, guess I'll wait till the spring. OR maybe like he suggested something 1/2 between us? I'd be up for that too... Anything i suppose.

So after you swapped them left to ridght they still pulled? Pulled the same direction as before or did the pull follow the pad?
And you did the typical 60->25; 60-25; 60->25 for a number of more times... and then do the same thing at higher speeds all without coming to a complete stop? And if you put the stock pads back in, does it continue to do so? (just wondering if a caliper is stuck or something like that).

If yes to all the above i would give Dan the lead guy here -> http://www.cobaltfriction.com/Default.asp
loves to talk brakes and is super nice... he might have a few suggestions.

If he doesn't and/or you cant get them to work for you, you can send them back to me if you like.. i'll give you $$ back. Whatever works for you I'll do.
Well for this time, I have some Hawks coming tomorrow. I did try some bedding but it was so bad, I was spooked, I may have really screwed something up myself. The other pads took right off, straight as ever. Weird. But sometime I’ll try to burn the shit out of them and get them mated up. Their metallurgy must be way different, so I’ll not mix for now.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I still need to replace my trailer so I can travel to these places.
Yeah you live in the middle of nowhere:LOL: Moving to Michigan I have so many more options. 5 hours or less, Detroit, Chicago, Indy, Columbus for starters:p

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Yeah you live in the middle of nowhere:LOL: Moving to Michigan I have so many more options. 5 hours or less, Detroit, Chicago, Indy, Columbus for starters:p

You're not the only one around here that's teased me with that...

While I've only been out there once, I do like this place that's <hour away.

HPR - High Plains Raceway

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Well for this time, I have some Hawks coming tomorrow. I did try some bedding but it was so bad, I was spooked, I may have really screwed something up myself. The other pads took right off, straight as ever. Weird. But sometime I’ll try to burn the shit out of them and get them mated up. Their metallurgy must be way different, so I’ll not mix for now.

Any chance you're got an air bubble trapped???