Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Congratulations to Speedy!

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I'm not surprised with the outcome. Speedy was their token white guy.
Some one finaly said it.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Agree!

Can you imagine (I CAN) how he will be treated and yelled at once he gets in public for real. Let's just say he comes to the NHRA Nationals in Brainerd and visits anywhere within the facility, especially around Zoo members who know this story. They can do what they want making public statements (Sorry Tim, your statement sucks) and playing behind the computers, but some day, that dude has to come to Dodge's real fans face-to-face.

WE WANT A RECOUNT!
I don’t care what this guy thinks about our Dodges or where he posts his opinions online, but for Dodge to select him as a brand ambassador (assuming they did see this video- but did they? could they be that dumb?) makes me lose so much for a brand I really grew to love to represent. It kind of hurts actually. However if they just come out and say we got new info and have to make a change - like companies do all the time - they could recoup this. Otherwise like you said, if I was ever at a big event where this guy was I would never want to meet him or be associated with him and he should get ridiculed IMO. Guess what, think people who rice out their rides are dumb, we’ll then don’t fucking do it like most of the rest of us. The desirability of these cars and their frequency is what drove people to learn to hack into them, not a major flaw with the product or something that other manufacturers aren’t vulnerable to. I don’t even remember what his third point was…but he can have fun driving Porsches with the other soccer moms.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
How do we send the video of Preston giving his true thoughts on the brand to the "Dodge cares" people? Perhaps they can forward it up the chain (if they actually cared about us).

I'm just so pissed about this whole thing. Speedy was the guy they should have selected based on the criteria, and yet he got screwed. We end up with a Dodge hater as the brand ambassador. ----Hell, he is doing a good job so far, I'm also starting to hate Dodge myself.

I am really getting tired of important elections and contests being stolen in recent history!

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
How do we send the video of Preston giving his true thoughts on the brand to the "Dodge cares" people? Perhaps they can forward it up the chain (if they actually cared about us).

I'm just so pissed about this whole thing. Speedy was the guy they should have selected based on the criteria, and yet he got screwed. We end up with a Dodge hater as the brand ambassador. ----Hell, he is doing a good job so far, I'm also starting to hate Dodge myself.

I am really getting tired of important elections and contests being stolen in recent history!
Dodge doesn’t care Dodge only cares about profits. Those are Preston’s words in his video bashing Dodge.

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
Yep that's the video that's been taken down a few times so Mopar Mike to the rescue..

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Big mouth needs to be schooled by a Trakhawk.
We need his addy and phone number.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Big mouth needs to be schooled by a Trakhawk.
We need his addy and phone number.
Nah we dont need to doxx him or show up at his address, we may dislike the guy but he deserves his privacy still, just do it at an event

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Nah we dont need to doxx him or show up at his address, we may dislike the guy but he deserves his privacy still, just do it at an event
Right this is a Dodge marketing problem and no one should attack this guy in a direct personal confrontation. Dodge for the moment supports the guy so I would leave it at that. Attack Dodge if anything for not doing the right thing.

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
I offered ....in Speedys other thread to pay in full his aircraft ticket to Challengerfest and now thinking to pay his room and board in full to have a hour with him alone.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
This thread is becoming borderline psychotic.

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
This thread is becoming borderline psychotic.
I'm 63 yes old. My father fought in WWII.
My wife's family came over on the Mayflower.
As my father who was a Major in the OSS said a few times when his a$$ was about to be killed dead...being in the wrong spot at the wrong time because of intelligence..

"Only luck and lead saved his ass when the chips were down."

Never forget...even in the Ukaraine today..
Nice words mean nothing.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I'm 63 yes old. My father fought in WWII.
My wife's family came over on the Mayflower.
As my father who was a Major in the OSS said a few times when his a$$ was about to be killed dead...being in the wrong spot at the wrong time because of intelligence..

"Only luck and lead saved his ass when the chips were down."

Never forget...even in the Ukaraine today..
Nice words mean nothing.
Here's your sign.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Dodge is already well aware, trust me. I think it was just some click bait BS a young person put up to try to grow their YT channel. Time to move on IMO.

He doesn't even have the Porche anymore and now owns a 2022 Hellcat Widebody Charger. I wanna ask him why he got rid of the Porche actually, since I wouldn't mine owning a 911 or something myself.

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
Dodge is already well aware, trust me. I think it was just some click bait BS a young person put up to try to grow their YT channel. Time to move on IMO.

He doesn't even have the Porche anymore and now owns a 2022 Hellcat Widebody Charger. I wanna ask him why he got rid of the Porche actually, since I wouldn't mine owning a 911 or something myself.
K...if you say so
Still I want him personally at Challengerfest...and pass on my offer..all expenses paid for one hour alone.

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
K...if you say so
Still I want him personally at Challengerfest...and pass on my offer..all expenses paid for one hour alone.
I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of us here don't care for Preston. That being said its only a P/R problem for Dodge with trickle down effects to the rest of us that were really pulling for an actually qualified person like Speedy. While I don't care for Preston in what I know of him, I don't see any need to key board warrior how you want to "have an hour with him".

On the whole we are all better than that. It's only a PR stunt for Dodge that is backfiring, we don't need to organize for a personal attack on the guy they chose, no matter how wrong we think their selection is. While I think him being chosen is wrong, at the end of the day this is just little more than a way to get people to talk about the brand. Dodge has been great with the ad campaigns for years, and looks like they still have us all talking about the brand as a result of this. Preston sucks, but its not like he was voted as the replacement for Resume Speed or something like that.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
LOL, sweet kids, easy now he's a family man after all ...

http://instagr.am/p/Cc6HjCnJAoA/
(I'm sure Speedy was commenting on the video )

icdmo.JPG

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
They just hit on exactly what I've been saying "and help share the brand's evolutionary journey in to the future of electrified muscle". That is what is going to be the hill to climb on this deal IMO.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Typical corporate show-business type contest. They had their demographic type already picked and Speedy wasn't to their liking.

Speedy IS the winner here.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Then why can’t they do phased change like corvette just announced. Why not electric and Ice simultaneous. Then finally to all electric, If that is the the real end game decision everywhere. I think GM was clever playing that card. Can’t think of a better way to antagonize a solid clientele base. This GD straight to full on electric approach might not be the answer. Hope you folks at the corporate castle have your finger on real marketing pulse. I for one am not pleased with the direct big E approach. Stellantis stands a very good chance at upsetting their loyal return customer. Not many muscle cars out there. Dodge, Daimler Chrysler carefully designed, marketed, nurtured and continuously developed the dodge line in to the classic muscle cars they are, as well as the Truck and SUV SRT line. You may loose that essence and customer base in the process especially with the Charger, and Challenger, Chose wisely.

Just think, what would be Harley Davidsons demise if they chose to go to all electric, dropping that V twin classic With out a phased approach. It would alienate their core clientele so hard, not sure they would be recoverable from that and return to full glory and sales. It would one up Cokes classic original recipe blunder.

Last edited: