Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Congratulations to Speedy!

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Then why can’t they do phased change like corvette just announced. Why not electric and Ice simultaneous. Then finally to all electric, If that is the the real end game decision everywhere. I think GM was clever playing that card. Can’t think of a better way to antagonize a solid clientele base. This GD straight to full on electric approach might not be the answer. Hope you folks at the corporate castle have your finger on real marketing pulse. I for one am not pleased with the direct big E approach. Stellantis stands a very good chance at upsetting their loyal return customer. Not many muscle cars out there. Dodge, Daimler Chrysler carefully designed, marketed, nurtured and continuously developed the dodge line in to the classic muscle cars they are, as well as the Truck and SUV SRT line. You may loose that essence and customer base in the process especially with the Charger, and Challenger, Chose wisely.

Just think, what would be Harley Davidsons demise if they chose to go to all electric, dropping that V twin classic With out a phased approach. It would alienate their core clientele so hard, not sure the would be recoverable from that and return to full glory and sales. It would one up Cokes classic original recipe blunder.
That's exactly what they are doing. The 2024 redesign is a gas car, whether 392, TTi6, i4 (SXT) including optional combinations of torque assist, hybrid and PHEV versions.

The EV is just the halo car for that EV segment because - the gov't is forcing that direction; consumer marketing for the segment thinking about going EV, and to counter the PLAID to retake the performance lead.

The only given admitted is the Hellcat motor is not making it into 2024 and we assume there will be weight reduction and AWD among others to make up the performance difference.

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of us here don't care for Preston. That being said its only a P/R problem for Dodge with trickle down effects to the rest of us that were really pulling for an actually qualified person like Speedy. While I don't care for Preston in what I know of him, I don't see any need to key board warrior how you want to "have an hour with him".

On the whole we are all better than that. It's only a PR stunt for Dodge that is backfiring, we don't need to organize for a personal attack on the guy they chose, no matter how wrong we think their selection is. While I think him being chosen is wrong, at the end of the day this is just little more than a way to get people to talk about the brand. Dodge has been great with the ad campaigns for years, and looks like they still have us all talking about the brand as a result of this. Preston sucks, but its not like he was voted as the replacement for Resume Speed or something like that.
Because back in my day we didn't pull caps. We just settled it in the 15 minutes after Trade School before the busses showed up.
All was settled then and there.

Now I have grandchildren I teach them the same way.
Either be good with fists...
Or in my case send your smartest to UCONN Law all expenses paid to keep the old man out of trouble either way...😀

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I just posted a comment.
3E573C28-1851-4483-8790-B407A16E2B58.jpeg

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Then why can’t they do phased change like corvette just announced. Why not electric and Ice simultaneous. Then finally to all electric, If that is the the real end game decision everywhere. I think GM was clever playing that card. Can’t think of a better way to antagonize a solid clientele base. This GD straight to full on electric approach might not be the answer. Hope you folks at the corporate castle have your finger on real marketing pulse. I for one am not pleased with the direct big E approach. Stellantis stands a very good chance at upsetting their loyal return customer. Not many muscle cars out there. Dodge, Daimler Chrysler carefully designed, marketed, nurtured and continuously developed the dodge line in to the classic muscle cars they are, as well as the Truck and SUV SRT line. You may loose that essence and customer base in the process especially with the Charger, and Challenger, Chose wisely.

Just think, what would be Harley Davidsons demise if they chose to go to all electric, dropping that V twin classic With out a phased approach. It would alienate their core clientele so hard, not sure the would be recoverable from that and return to full glory and sales. It would one up Cokes classic original recipe blunder.
Their initial electric entry, the Livewire, hasn’t faired too well. Not even sure if they’re still making it.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
It’s hard to make an electric bike do the “potato potato” thing at idle.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I agree on only one point. That is we don’t need to organize a personalized witch hunt on Preston. He does seem to be a good guy with vibrancy. But I do have very strong feelings about him saying (3 reasons I won’t buy a Dodge again) and then shortly later accepting free keys to one, a check, and the possibility of motivating his Career by interviewing as a whole heartedly - all in candidate. I believe all of us make mistakes and occasionally say things they don’t actually mean. But this one one was big man. And you should expect some blow back. Preston, I do believe you will read this at some point based on the fact that there really isn’t a lot of Hellcat sites to surf, and you obviously check your status ratings, likes, and YouTube channel. Now that your in the big Dodge house I suggest you do it with passion and true intent. If at some point you decide it’s just not you and feel your not being yourself then step down man and let someone that’s all in and truly is 100% in. Lee Iacocca once said Leed, follow or get out of the way. Look him up that dude took the 3rd largest company in this country from its bankruptcy state to a vibrant flourishing company that built great cars, ultimately to the one that your but now sits in. Further if you think I am being too tough I suggest you pause, reread this post slooooooowly and then decide if my feelings are warranted. Because it was typed with something called passion. At that point if you still don’t agree with my assessment I should say when you Don’t know, YOU DON‘T KNOW.

Now you probably arrived at one of two conclusions, either this guy is Bat shit crazy or he is all in. I believe the later of the two. As I said previously we all make mistakes, we all have the power to correct them. I look forward to you acting accordingly and changing my opinion of your YouTube statement. Sorry for harsh critique but you own it, and this ones on you, and only you have power to correct it. Good luck all of us here at this site only want true Ambassador representation.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Somebody up my way was the first in New England to get one. I would love to test pilot the bike, but pretty damn sure I wouldn’t buy one.

Whats that old adage, fun to ride but don’t want to get caught riding on one!

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
That's exactly what they are doing. The 2024 redesign is a gas car, whether 392, TTi6, i4 (SXT) including optional combinations of torque assist, hybrid and PHEV versions.

The EV is just the halo car for that EV segment because - the gov't is forcing that direction; consumer marketing for the segment thinking about going EV, and to counter the PLAID to retake the performance lead.

The only given admitted is the Hellcat motor is not making it into 2024 and we assume there will be weight reduction and AWD among others to make up the performance difference.
Agree, but I believe a few here have said they heard straight to electric, only reason I posted up that comment.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
He shared with me he doesn't want an EV muscle car either so there's that. Will be interesting how that plays out for him. Perhaps he can influence some decisions there.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
More I have seen about him I'm truly disappointed in their choice.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
@jroyk Up till about the year 2000 that potato potato sound Harley claimed to have Patent rights on. look up the unique fire order rotational cause of potato potato. Yes 2 wheel American Ice is alive and well my New England Garage.

Thanks @Speedy! for sharing something positive from our Donut maker. If for some reason this doesn’t work out perhaps
@1971demon and you could team up, he has been a Dodge purist for decades. Kick it off with his real Donuts.
Put new meaning to Donuts Coffee and Cars. LOL

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Ok late to the party...been traveling for work last 2 weeks....wheres the vid of the "chief" trashing dodge? i wanna see it...

ps dodge's golden age of reigning muscle kingdom is officially OVA..this is likely the crowning :poop:

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Ok late to the party...been traveling for work last 2 weeks....wheres the vid of the "chief" trashing dodge? i wanna see it...

ps dodge's golden age of reigning muscle kingdom is officially OVA..this is likely the crowning :poop:

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

Sadly we live in a society today more than ever everyone gets a Trophy and thats the real story.

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
Sadly we live in a society today more than ever everyone gets a Trophy and thats the real story.
And a Hellcat, Tires, and $150K..........