Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Corvette E-Ray January 17, 2023

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I understand. I have owned more than a dozen Mopar vehicles in the past. I hate it, but not any choices are presenting themselves. Right now (today) I see no ICE or even a hybrid performance vehicle from them to look forward to. I cannot get them to build a legit $85,000 vehicle I have a deposit on. They won’t even tell me when to expect them to build it! Now or 12 months from now? That is a hell of a way to conduct your business. So what is everyone’s plan for any future purchases besides keeping what you have or a used car?
I have a deposit on a #7...(but the dealer is clueless if he will even get one)...if not ..I have enough vehicles that excite me...I never pay over MSRP...so I'm probably done given the current state of things...guess what...that's fine by me;);)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
They aren't crawling out of them. They are rolling out of them. That's the way you exit a low sports car. Seatdans all they need to do is slide their fat ass off the seat to exit the vehicle in a safe and less embarrassing manner. Now if those old men were fat , then yes they are crawling out of the car.
Agreed...I've seen more than a few that if the car was on fire..were talkin toasted marshmallow...:eek:;)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I understand. I have owned more than a dozen Mopar vehicles in the past. I hate it, but not any choices are presenting themselves. Right now (today) I see no ICE or even a hybrid performance vehicle from them to look forward to. I cannot get them to build a legit $85,000 vehicle I have a deposit on. They won’t even tell me when to expect them to build it! Now or 12 months from now? That is a hell of a way to conduct your business. So what is everyone’s plan for any future purchases besides keeping what you have or a used car?
Back in the 80s we had no new v8 mopars to look forward to so we had older mopars. I see the same thing now, there are plenty of chargers and challengers out there to buy used. I dont have to have a brand new car every couple of years. I may be driving a 2016 into 2030s. Would be no different then what was done in the 80s and 90s other then we can use these cars as dailys where your 70 hemi cuda you wouldn't want to

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Back in the 80s we had no new v8 mopars to look forward to so we had older mopars. I see the same thing now, there are plenty of chargers and challengers out there to buy used. I dont have to have a brand new car every couple of years. I may be driving a 2016 into 2030s. Would be no different then what was done in the 80s and 90s other then we can use these cars as dailys where your 70 hemi cuda you wouldn't want to
The mid 80's were dark days for american cars..I did the 911...then M3 thing back then..but that wasn't me either...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The mid 80's were dark days for american cars..I did the 911...then M3 thing back then..but that wasn't me either...
I was driving station wagons and vans back then so you were doing much better than me.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
In the late 80’s is when I got into motorcycles since the cars were not exciting back then.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Honda ATCs 1980s 9B5A4F75-16C7-4674-961E-66DB56D2FC48.png
Hell On Wheels

Last edited:
OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #28
Carbon ceramic regen brakes are standard. Base price $102k. A nicely optioned one is $108k. Close to that 911 Turbo price I've been shopping.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Carbon ceramic regen brakes are standard. Base price $102k. A nicely optioned one is $108k. Close to that 911 Turbo price I've been shopping.
Wonder what ADM will be?

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
We all have different wants and likes and it is what makes you happy. I never have or will own a chevy
With the Corvette it ranks #2 in the most sourced parts , manufactured and MADE IN THE USA. Buy USA but if you're okay with the global initiative of supporting overseas vendors then that your prerogative. Doesn't make it any better. Where does the Dodge rank ? I believe pretty close to the bottom

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
With the Corvette it ranks #2 in the most sourced parts , manufactured and MADE IN THE USA. Buy USA but if you're okay with the global initiative of supporting overseas vendors then that your prerogative. Doesn't make it any better. Where does the Dodge rank ? I believe pretty close to the bottom
Sounds like you are on the wrong site. Plenty of chevy sites you can support

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
Try not to get butt hurt riding that Italian stallion around. Stellantis is no friend to keeping the dollars in the USA. They will quickly ruin the Dodge brand before your eyes. I hold no bias for one manufacture over another just stating the facts.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Try not to get butt hurt riding that Italian stallion around. Stellantis is no friend to keeping the dollars in the USA. They will quickly ruin the Dodge brand before your eyes. I hold no bias for one manufacture over another just stating the facts.
Again sounds like you are on the wrong site. For all your hate for Dodge why do you even hang around here?

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Porsche is the pinnacle of street legal racecars to be honest.

Haven't driven the e-ray but the 911 turbo in the previous 3 gen's drives way better than the c8, and that's not even talking about the power.

The 992 gt3 shits all over the z06 in terms of handling, track performance, etc etc

I have my eyes on the 992 turbo s, which does 0-60 in 2.1-2.3 and has the ability to run 9.9 on street tires. I have an order in but it's probably 8-10 months out at the least.

That's my 2 cents on porsche vs corvette

Also I think @Jimmy N. Gf has a turbo as well, might have some other insight for you.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Little does he realize these big corporations don't give a f*ck about made in america. It's all about the bottom dollar for them, I mean it may be assembled in america but the parts come from all over the world in order to keep costs down.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #37

Haven't driven the e-ray but the 911 turbo in the previous 3 gen's drives way better than the c8, and that's not even talking about the power.

The 992 gt3 shits all over the z06 in terms of handling, track performance, etc etc

I have my eyes on the 992 turbo s, which does 0-60 in 2.1-2.3 and has the ability to run 9.9 on street tires. I have an order in but it's probably 8-10 months out at the least.

Also I think @Jimmy N. Gf has a turbo as well, might have some other insight for you.
The 992 Turbo S is one I was eyeballing, but I'd probably forgo the carbon ceramic brakes. I keep cars too long to wanna have to replace those. I was watching some on BAT to see what the gently used market looked like and it was more reasonable that I thought for a car that starts at like $280K new?

I'm glad to see Chevy doing something cool and new with the Vette. May inspire some other American manufacturers. I'd be in for a hybrid (performance type) before I'd be in for an EV. Porche already did this a few years ago with the 918.

I definitely wouldn't wanna be an early adopter though. Those folks will be guinea pigs I bet.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
`She's had two Turbo Ss, and while I'm not a Porsche person, they are amazing cars.

Anyway, she likes Caymans even more, so she got a GT4. Closest to the Turbo S now is her Audi RS6 Avant, Also a very impressive vehicle, and a bit more of a sleeper.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I was driving station wagons and vans back then so you were doing much better than me.
Well...I got away with it...I only had one son...

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB

You have driven or seen a C8 Z06 against a GT3 on a track to support your statements or is it just your opinion?