Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Cost of taking a Hellcat from 707hp to 800-850 RWHP?

parttimer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
crazyweathertown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Just chiming in as others have said, 800 ponies on pump gas. I have injectors, pulley ring and diablo trinity 2 platinum tuner for sale since i went E85 and HP tuners, I have a PCM but it's only for 15/16MY. The only thing you'd need is a hub and a tune. Anything over 800 you need to switch fuel. I originally had everything done by Barth tuning, he said catless pipes are good for an extra 30 on the dyno.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Just chiming in as others have said, 800 ponies on pump gas. I have injectors, pulley ring and diablo trinity 2 platinum tuner for sale since i went E85 and HP tuners, I have a PCM but it's only for 15/16MY. The only thing you'd need is a hub and a tune. Anything over 800 you need to switch fuel. I originally had everything done by Barth tuning, he said catless pipes are good for an extra 30 on the dyno.
On E85 it will make more power than 93 anyway, OP was talking about 93, Unless you did b4 & after Dyno on cat deletes you wouldn't know that it makes 30 hp, most tuners like cat deletes bc they tune around O2's & are over 800 > 850 hp, so over that it might need the extra flow.

Last edited:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
This also happened ( Blown engine ) on same day as Racer X broke axle, it was in Jan. & cold & Track Prep was a killer on this Track Day.

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Thread Starter #84
So what’s your current setup on E85, what WHP and WTQ are you seeing?

parttimer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
crazyweathertown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
You are correct, I did not dyno before and after I did the cat deletes on my tuned car on 93 from Tim. Tim stated catless pipes, on my setup, pump gas, 2.85 pulley would add 30HP over what I already had. I've since switched to E85. I was letting the poster know I have things he might be interested in purchasing, injectors, tuner and pulley ring as well.

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #86
You are correct, I did not dyno before and after I did the cat deletes on my tuned car on 93 from Tim. Tim stated catless pipes, on my setup, pump gas, 2.85 pulley would add 30HP over what I already had. I've since switched to E85. I was letting the poster know I have things he might be interested in purchasing, injectors, tuner and pulley ring as well.
I appreciate that. Right now I’m not in the market for the parts.. I’m just getting information so if I go through with a build say at the end of 2021 I’m well informed.. let me know what your current build looks like... I’m starting to think maybe I’ll go E85. But that decision I’m up in the air on still

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I'm not arguing, just stating what I know, I did do b4 & after, like 5 hp gain, Me & my friend David has same setup except for He has cat delete & I don't, On the Mustang Dyno his made 737 rwhp, Mine made 732 rwhp, that even showed a 5 hp difference, but at the track I am faster than him, prob. driver LOL.
Most all tuners will push to cat deletes even mine, but like I said not needed until over 800 > 850 hp. Serious Horse Power shop owner & tuner told me that when I was first starting my mods, he's the only tuner that I've heard say that, now I believe him, after seeing it for myself.

Last edited:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I appreciate that. Right now I’m not in the market for the parts.. I’m just getting information so if I go through with a build say at the end of 2021 I’m well informed.. let me know what your current build looks like... I’m starting to think maybe I’ll go E85. But that decision I’m up in the air on still
One thing to think is on E85 it's cheaper than 93 but you will use twice as much, will need to fuel more often, so you'll need duel fuel pump or BAP.

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #89
One thing to think is on E85 it's cheaper than 93 but you will use twice as much, will need to fuel more often, so you'll need duel fuel pump or BAP.
Okay good to know.. I knew it drained twice as fast.. was thinking maybe I’d just store 15 or 20 gallons in the garage if I go that route.. because probably a little fun run would drain half the tank if I went the E85 route.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Okay good to know.. I knew it drained twice as fast.. was thinking maybe I’d just store 15 or 20 gallons in the garage if I go that route.. because probably a little fun run would drain half the tank if I went the E85 route.
Yep, you can do that, not trying to talk you out of E85 but it is more hassle checking it on every fill up which you should do so you know what your getting, filling up more often, or do Flex tune & it won't matter.
I just like the no hassle easy safe 93 tune, getting older :giggle:

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #91
I think it has a shorter shelf life so watch how long you store it
Starting to sound like a hassle, lol..

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Another thing I’ve been thinking is you see challenger builds everywhere right.. our members and YouTube challenger builds everywhere.. which hey challenger builds are great but there’s a lot less charger builds in comparison.. I just think that aspect is kind of cool. And a 4 door with real modern supercar power would be hilarious.. of course I’d keep it full weight... put myself and 3 of my friends in it comfortably and find the nearest c8 or GT500 to blow off 😂. Or just toy with anyone that has a quote unquote fast car..
. The fastest blower only Hellcat in the world is ZHT with a 8.81 at 159mph in his Charger. He’s spraying now and has run 8.61 at 163mph. Our shop has more 1000hp Chargers than Challengers and have started the planning on the owners new Charger Widebody. Going to be transplanting a Hellephant crate into a new Redeye Charger to run the half mile and PR the shops capabilities. Chargers rule the streets of Phoenix.

Last edited:

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
. The fastest blower only Hellcat in the world is ZHC with a 8.81 at 159mph in his Charger. He’s spraying now and has run 8.61 at 163mph. Our shop has more 1000hp Chargers than Challengers and have started the planning on the owners new Charger Widebody. Going to be transplanting a Hellephant crate into a new Redeye Charger to run the half mile and PR the shops capabilities. Chargers rule the streets of Phoenix.
A lot of people must need rides with all those taxis in Phoenix!

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

Can get the kids to school fast, when they open back up :giggle:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
. The fastest blower only Hellcat in the world is ZHC with a 8.81 at 159mph in his Charger. He’s spraying now and has run 8.61 at 163mph. Our shop has more 1000hp Chargers than Challengers and have started the planning on the owners new Charger Widebody. Going to be transplanting a Hellephant crate into a new Redeye Charger to run the half mile and PR the shops capabilities. Chargers rule the streets of Phoenix.
My HC rules my neighborhood & garage :LOL:

parttimer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
crazyweathertown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
The E85 mileage is poooooorrrrr. My closest is 25 minutes. So I fill up and fill 4 cans. I'll use them throughout a week or so. If I drive by the station, I fill up. They saying of a Hellcat can pass anything, except a gas station is so true on E85. Under 200 miles a tank is normal for me!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Unless you're a "prepper" or know you're going to just go absolutely ape with it regularly in locations where you will have good traction. If you're hooking hard and working the car often enough, it is something to consider. If you're looking mainly to talk up the car (and there's nothing wrong with bragging) with a few roll races or hard launches every now and then, you'd probably be fine leaving them alone.
We don't see stock axles fail with any frequency. I've raced mine a lot, still on stock axles. High 1.4x 60s and 9.80s at 140+ mph. Not saying they won't eventually fail, but I'd hold off and just replace them with upgrades when they do.

Drive shaft should be upgraded as those have shown to be a weak point.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
We don't see stock axles fail with any frequency. I've raced mine a lot, still on stock axles. High 1.4x 60s and 9.80s at 140+ mph. Not saying they won't eventually fail, but I'd hold off and just replace them with upgrades when they do.

Drive shaft should be upgraded as those have shown to be a weak point.
I agree with this . I have not heard of many failing .

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Well... you ain’t going to walk when it’s 120 degrees out. 😂

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Well... you ain’t going to walk when it’s 120 degrees out.

Very true ....... Very true