Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Damn F-150 Supercharged 770HP smokes the TRX…..😱.

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I had a Challenger before the TRX. I just didn't find your sexist comment funny.
LOL! So she tracked it at 9 seconds, while you drive it to the grocery store?

Slipaway16

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartle Skeet
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Trackhawk
LOL! So she tracked it at 9 seconds, while you drive it to the grocery store?
*drove

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Clearly I broke your last remaining ball, I hope it doesn't anger your wife.

Slipaway16

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartle Skeet
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Trackhawk
Clearly I broke your last remaining ball, I hope it doesn't anger your wife.
I'm not sure what you problem is. I'm glad my wife loves speed and can handle her own. I feel sorry for yourself if yours doesn't. At least she doesn't drive an Escape or Equinox.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I spent a while yesterday thinking about lowering a TRX to make it more manageable at the track… not a lot of Baja up here in Buffalo.

Slipaway16

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartle Skeet
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Trackhawk
I spent a while yesterday thinking about lowering a TRX to make it more manageable at the track… not a lot of Baja up here in Buffalo.
I've done done little research to do the same myself. I just don't wanna be the guinea pig. I love the slightly lowered look that some Raptors pull off.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Funny. Yesterday I thought "Wonder how hard it could be to lower it about two inches."

Going to narrower (matching the rim width better) tires helped the handling quite a bit. The rear anti sway bar helps both in the corners and when accelerating hard.

Obviously, lowering would be very beneficial for handling. And I don't really care how it would look. Although, the more it resembles a regular 1500, the better.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I wouldn’t want to mess with the suspension geometry of my TRX at all. The truck was designed for a purpose. I don’t want to compromise that to make it something else in my mind.

it is a great daily driver, if you want a little more firm ride, you can set it in suspension sport in custom mode and leave everything else alone.

if I wanted it to handle better, I woulda bought something else.

but I do take it off road when I get the chance. Nothing crazy, but mud and puddles and dips at high speed.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
if I wanted it to handle better, I woulda bought something else.
Meanwhile, just about any vehicle I buy, I try to make handle, stop, accelerate, or whatever, better.

Besides, I have and have had so many "something else" that the TRX was the only vehicle that I was interested in buying.
Can I make it handle better? Already did. Can I make it handle better yet? Hopefully.

Oh, and since I drive something off highway just about every day, that part of driving is more than fulfilled by things other than the TRX. And even with those other vehicles I avoid mud the best I can, and generally go quite slowly.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Meanwhile, just about any vehicle I buy, I try to make handle, stop, accelerate, or whatever, better.

Besides, I have and have had so many "something else" that the TRX was the only vehicle that I was interested in buying.
Can I make it handle better? Already did. Can I make it handle better yet? Hopefully.

Oh, and since I drive something off highway just about every day, that part of driving is more than fulfilled by things other than the TRX. And even with those other vehicles I avoid mud the best I can, and generally go quite slowly.
it is true when you put it that way, I mean I’m the same way with my muscle and sport cars. I modify them all to make them “better”

thjs is my first off-road style vehicle and im
Happy to let the truck perform on its own, although I did modify my TRX with a pulley tune for more power. I just dont want to FK up the suspension by messing with it

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Oh, I sure wouldn't want to make anything worse. But having been 'wheeling for most of my life, the TRX isn't even on the list of vehicles I'd like to go on trails with.

It's capable of much more than I'd want to subject it to, and is really just a fun version of a boring 1500 to me.
If you saw my Jeep you'd understand. At the end of the trail, nobody can tell if it's been rolled one more time or not.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I’d only do it because I don’t want an off-road truck, I want a race truck… and that’s the closest thing that Dodge makes.
https://images.app.goo.gl/8x6EdnthFzURPd198

Yes please.

Crazy we have all been thinking about it. Someone let me borrow their truck, I’ll knock 1/2 second off it for you.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #73
What Jimmy would have really purchased if it said RAM😁 she’s a two door 4 wheel drive with easy access in out being low to the ground. 770 HP with shifter on the column and a carpeted bed to sleep in when he wants to escape the routine🤪
8FE3C9C6-AA77-4C44-B216-9F1CE35B73D2.jpeg

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
What Jimmy would have really purchased if it said RAM😁
That's not entirely untruthful, ChargerChallenger. A low regular cab with power like that would be great.

But then there's real life. I wouldn't drive a Furd (or anything which looks even remotely like that) even with your driver's license.
Makes me feel better about having a relatively slow and quite marshmallowy TRX, though.

Last edited:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
What Jimmy would have really purchased if it said RAM😁 she’s a two door 4 wheel drive with easy access in out being low to the ground. 770 HP with shifter on the column and a carpeted bed to sleep in when he wants to escape the routine🤪
View attachment 56001
A 4 door this is tempting
But without all the Shelby BS. Id like it to be stealth to a degree

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
A 4 door this is tempting
But without all the Shelby BS. Id like it to be stealth to a degree
agreed. I do not like all the Shelby plastic added to the truck and all the badging. Low key stealth. Clean lines and fast