Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dealer ADMs on the Demon170

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm getting tired of hearing about it. Somebody wake me when it's over :rolleyes:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I'm getting tired of hearing about it. Somebody wake me when it's over :rolleyes:
I get it...I'll set my alarm for ya ;);)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You're way beyond me. 2 cars, truck, trailer and a little atv. They're all dirty and need a detail. I must live to close to the ocean.
Hell...I didn't count my truck..or trailer...I have a 16yr old kid (not mine) that I've trained to do detail work..he's gotten really good..he works on my stuff 3 days a wk...and I let him bring other peoples cars over to detail...the kid is a go getter and focused...(a rare thing today)..During the summer he knocks down 6/7 hundred a week...not bad for a 16 yr old kid....and...he saves his money...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Hell...I didn't count my truck..or trailer...I have a 16yr old kid (not mine) that I've trained to do detail work..he's gotten really good..he works on my stuff 3 days a wk...and I let him bring other peoples cars over to detail...the kid is a go getter and focused...(a rare thing today)..During the summer he knocks down 6/7 hundred a week...not bad for a 16 yr old kid....and...he saves his money...
I wish I could find someone.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Just to keep things clear about how much “Dodge Cares”. Remember the DragPak? That race car for the “grassroots” racers that Dodge values so much? When the 2020 DragPak was announced and shown off with Leah at SEMA, they started a waiting list for the 50 that were to be produced. You had to submit a racer resume and the racers (not collectors and flippers) would be getting them. Well, as things do…. Things got delayed. A year went by and it became the 2021 DragPak. Finally they were ready to start making them and the racers on the list were contacted by SRT (remember them?) to see if they were still in the game. Many were. Then “Dodge” decided that another round of hype was a good idea and scrapped that list of racers and announced a new fight to get one would take place. Of coarse this time those with dealer connections got them and most of the racers that had been on that original list got flipped the bone. Some of them just bit the bullet and would pay the $50k markup to the dealer connected pimps to race. Others did something else. So…. Yes there are some engineers at Dodge that have produced some bitchin cars. And….. a team of marketing liars that view the customers as dancing monkeys. Can’t wait to see those at Barrett Jackson. If you are paying a $100k+ markup…… you are not buying it for the performance. You’re buying that emblem on the side… 🐒🐒🐒

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Just to keep things clear about how much “Dodge Cares”. Remember the DragPak? That race car for the “grassroots” racers that Dodge values so much? When the 2020 DragPak was announced and shown off with Leah at SEMA, they started a waiting list for the 50 that were to be produced. You had to submit a racer resume and the racers (not collectors and flippers) would be getting them. Well, as things do…. Things got delayed. A year went by and it became the 2021 DragPak. Finally they were ready to start making them and the racers on the list were contacted by SRT (remember them?) to see if they were still in the game. Many were. Then “Dodge” decided that another round of hype was a good idea and scrapped that list of racers and announced a new fight to get one would take place. Of coarse this time those with dealer connections got them and most of the racers that had been on that original list got flipped the bone. Some of them just bit the bullet and would pay the $50k markup to the dealer connected pimps to race. Others did something else. So…. Yes there are some engineers at Dodge that have produced some bitchin cars. And….. a team of marketing liars that view the customers as dancing monkeys. Can’t wait to see those at Barrett Jackson. If you are paying a $100k+ markup…… you are not buying it for the performance. You’re buying that emblem on the side… 🐒🐒🐒
I heard a rumor that some racers had to pay and sign some type of contract with W at son racing to get one. Did you hear this?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I heard a rumor that some racers had to pay and sign some type of contract with W at son racing to get one. Did you hear this?
No. I just know some people who were on the original list and were quarried on whether they were still in after being on that list for a year. They even sent in new resumes documenting their racing qualifications. Then suddenly that went poof and Dodge announce that a new first come-first served competition for a car was being hyped. Dodge has shown repeatedly that in spite of the talk…. they do not respect the so called grass roots people who have lived the Mopar or No Car mantra. We’re just Monkeys.

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
No. I just know some people who were on the original list and were quarried on whether they were still in after being on that list for a year. They even sent in new resumes documenting their racing qualifications. Then suddenly that went poof and Dodge announce that a new first come-first served competition for a car was being hyped. Dodge has shown repeatedly that in spite of the talk…. they do not respect the so called grass roots people who have lived the Mopar or No car mantra. Monkeys.
I makes me not want to be associated with the puppet show.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
You're going to be known as Rip Van Winkle.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
To be clear…. I love the Challenger (and current Charger) platforms. I’m a Mopar guy when it comes to the design and performance of these things. GM and Ford have nothing that is of interest to me. I just have no respect for the marketing crap that the pencil necks behind a desk in some marketing office spew. Just me 🐵

Last edited:

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I will always be a fan of the cars Dodge produced ...The company..can go fuck themselves...
Everyone needs to remember this is NOT the same DODGE! It is a different company ran by a foreign corporation! ALL DODGE DNA IS LONG GONE

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Everyone needs to remember this is NOT the same DODGE! It is a different company ran by a foreign corporation! ALL DODGE DNA IS LONG GONE
But it the same bs they've been doing for at least the 15 years I've been around these cars. Typical customers must be glutton for punishment.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
But it the same bs they've been doing for at least the 15 years I've been around these cars. Typical customers must be glutton for punishment.
That's so true, I can remember dealers asking for ADM on PT Cruisers when they 1st came out :ROFLMAO: Same happened when the Challengers 1st hit the showrooms, then the SRT-8's. Not sure how many fools actually ponied up for those, but it was a hard pass for this fool !!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
That's so true, I can remember dealers asking for ADM on PT Cruisers when they 1st came out :ROFLMAO: Same happened when the Challengers 1st hit the showrooms, then the SRT-8's. Not sure how many fools actually ponied up for those, but it was a hard pass for this fool !!
When the 300 came out they wanted ADM. We refused to pay.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
That makes sense since they were taken/handed over to a foreign entity in about 2008 (FCA) Like I said DODGE DNA has been gone for a long time. I do love my Challenger, but...

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I got my first in 2009 so don't have experience before about mid 2008 when Challenger was reintroduced.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Meanwhile, Chevy will sell you a Camaro with a 632 Big Block so you can go bracket or index race it.
No limits on the build just fill out a form at the parts desk.

Or if you want a factory stock car, you can get one of those too.

And they wonder why Chevy is kicking Dodge's ass in Factory Stock

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
This feels like a huge F U to me from this company now. Didn't feel like that a few years ago.
Got to love mergers that loses your identity.
From what I've heard, Stellantis didn't want Dodge or Chrysler, and its showing...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Got to love mergers that loses your identity.
From what I've heard, Stellantis didn't want Dodge or Chrysler, and its showing...
Exactly, from what I've understood from the beginning.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Meanwhile, Chevy will sell you a Camaro with a 632 Big Block so you can go bracket or index race it.
No limits on the build just fill out a form at the parts desk.

Or if you want a factory stock car, you can get one of those too.

And they wonder why Chevy is kicking Dodge's ass in Factory Stock
So far this year a Dodge won the 1st NMCA and NHRA race in Factory stock:unsure: