Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Decided on a replacement for Go Man Go

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #181
Dang I didn't even notice that!

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Dang I didn't even notice that!
That does blow a pretty big hole in your story about those being "not yours". :p:ROFLMAO:

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #183
Well I'm not @16GoManGoHC2 after all :LOL:

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Congrats! Well deserved!

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
LOL @fumanchu182 that made me spit my drink :ROFLMAO:

Weather has been crap since I picked the car up. I did get a break Friday afternoon so I took off work early and got it all detailed, so that OCD itch is scratched. Paint is in great shape, no swirls and passes the baggie test so no clay bar required.

So then I moved on to checking out the mechanicals starting with the fuel system.

2 FPCMs as expected, but what's that silver box? Says "voltage stabilizer" on it. Looking up the part number it looks like something for Jeep? Also, fuel rail with ethanol sensor.

Started finding the Easter eggs. They're definitely planning to use this to sell DC parts I'd say.

Front brakes looked bigger than I expected. Rear looked smaller. Lug nuts are hollow.

Front wheel/tire is 55.5lbs, rear 61 lbs. Original Hellcat wheel with stock Pirelli all season was also 61. I expected a little lighter. That 315 is meaty though. They drilled out the back of the wheel hubs. Maybe to save weight?

Some kinda brace going across the rear spindle. Rear axles are HUGE.

Did a test fit of the Hellcat Warp Speed wheel I had. Looked fine on the front. I'm not sure about the back. Trying to imagine it 11" wide. This one is only 9.5".

Finding street tires and wheels might prove tricky. I did see a 305/50R20 that would help keep that big rear tire look? It's 32" in diameter vs the 315 29.4" so maybe too much. GM of the dealer said they'll cover my first set of rear tires as a thanks, so maybe I ride on these MTs and see how long they last and just avoid rain at all cost.

Those supports around the knuckles sure look like they could help contain an axle should it break at the outer joint?

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Those supports around the knuckles sure look like they could help contain an axle should it break at the outer joint?
Plus, the knuckle is aluminum, that brace looks like some pretty damn thick steel.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Where does the brace connect to on the body/cradle?

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #188
I'm gonna calls these what I "think" they're called.

Upper link.
Tension link.
Spindle where top caliper bolt is.

Reillyrob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Redeye
Was at the dealer the other day and this gem was in the showroom. It's a 1970 Toyota FJ40 with a LT1 Corvette V8 swap with a 4speed manual! I couldn't resist!
View attachment 128404 View attachment 128405

No, I'm kidding but I did really like the FJ. Some of you remember back when I posted about Go Man Go getting stolen, @Hatermkr asked if I wanted him to ping Tim K. to see if he could help me locate something. I said sure but figured he'd just say go check the HP locator. Well, like 10 minutes later I get Tim's email, he asked for my phone number, and 15 minutes later he called me. I about fell over. He remembered me from CDM I think, asked about what happened to the car and we just chatted for a few. At the end of the call, he asks who my favorite local dealer was and asked if I'd be interested in a Demon 170 if he could find an allocation. Well.....it showed up yesterday, so THANK YOU Jim.

I'm still in the "did this actually happen" stage. I've only told a few people as I didn't wanna jinx myself and thanks to those that kept it a secret.

I was honestly worried I wouldn't like the flares in the back, or how it drove. For what these cost I HAD to love it.

When it got delivered my tech buddy at the dealer texted me a pic of it coming off the trailer as he was getting it for PDI. I jumped in the 4Runner and went to see. When I saw it in the shop I got cold chills and about fell over. Pictures don't do them justice honestly. Driving home, Auto feels more like Sport that I remember in the Hellcat. Very good on the road and I swear it feels more refined than the Hellcat did. Maybe 7 year newer materials, etc. It's quieter just cruising for example, but when you let off the throttle is crackles and pops A LOT which made me laugh.

Had 8 miles on it when I picked it up, and shockingly clean. I told the dealer not to wash it I'd handle that myself. Detailed the interior last night and hope the weather cooperates so I can wash it tomorrow. Went through and carefully removed any labels and bar codes, cataloged them, and put them on a piece of paper I'll get laminated. Oddly, window sticker was NOT in the car so dealer ordered me a replacement.

I plan to drive it A LOT and hit hit the track opening weekend in March. Now to find a street tire/wheel setup. I'm thinking of the Discount Tire Hellcat Widebody 2 that come in 20x9 and 20x11.

Rear seat delete?

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #190
Of course! Don't need that where I'm going :cool:

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I'm gonna calls these what I "think" they're called.

Upper link.
Tension link.
Spindle where top caliper bolt is.
I'd love to know the story behind why they went through the effort to produce that brace. Is it aluminum?

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'd love to know the story behind why they went through the effort to produce that brace. Is it aluminum?
Looks steel

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #193
Definitely heavy steel.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
It’s probably to keep the wheel from flying off if the axle/diff blows and takes out the suspension arms due to the launch, it is a 1.2 60’ after all. Probably for liability cause it’s advertised as a track car and makes over 1000 hp

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
@Speedy! you got one other extra part attached to the wheel. Where did they connect that one??

IMG_8087.jpeg

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
All I can say is WOW!! @Speedy! I’m so happy for you man. It’s great to see TK step up after such an unfortunate situation. Helps to make the taste of this whole Last Call fiasco a bit more tolerable. Shout out to @Hatermkr. Enjoy it! You deserve it!

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Wonder why they didn't just go to a steel knuckle.

Last edited:

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
@Speedy! Any type of drive shaft hoop any where?

Reillyrob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Redeye
Of course! Don't need that where I'm going :cool:
Awesome & Congrats!! Can't wait to see some YouTube content.