Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Horsepower Challenge

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
And....

"Good enough isn't"
Given the screw-ups in this contest so far, I think they're striving for "moderately ok".

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Just give the horse away.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
So I wouldn’t want to say too much on here cause I’d sure hate to get disqualified for any reason

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
So I wouldn’t want to say too much on here cause I’d sure hate to get disqualified for any reason
Hmmm... they are watching your every move.... Dodge spies are everywhere... Feeling a little PARANOID???? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

watching us.gif
Adu0.gif DdBL.gif fyGP.gif

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Please don't post answers until after the contest is over.

THANKS

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Nearly six years ago, November 30th, 2013, Paul Walker died as a passenger in a single car crash. The car was traveling at 94mph on a suburban street. He was only 40 years old.

Since Challenge Question #3 references Furious 7 and Paul was such a avid car enthusiast and genuinely nice person by all accounts, may we all wish kindness upon his soul.

RIP Paul. :(:(:(:(:(:(

1574220545396.png
8EuN.gif

Members, don't let this happen to you... :cautious::cautious::cautious:

Sye2.gif

Last edited:

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Please don't post answers until after the contest is over.

THANKS
Just my answer that no one is going to listen to me anyway. Thought it would be fun if people posted their answer to see whom got it right

QuadFin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 B5 Blue Challenger Hellcat Redeye
I noticed the width for the area listed in video for question 3 is different from the width in the posted spec sheet; width with mirrors - 85.4”; without mirrors - 75.7”. I haven’t worked out the math yet, so I’m not sure if either width will make a difference in finding an exact answer.

Also, I noticed in the video for week 2’s answer they used the curb weight for a RE non-widebody (4451lbs).... Unless the 2019 RE widebody curb weight is 4451lbs and the Challenger50 badge weighs 41lbs.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Just my answer that no one is going to listen to me anyway. Thought it would be fun if people posted their answer to see whom got it right
Listing any of the possible answers from a multiple choice with 800 possibilities is certainly going to hurt someone's feelings :eek:

Is 1251hp a choice? I just made that one up. :cool:

And, FWIW - releasing broken incomplete crap into Production is called AGILE. Now, the manifesto would state otherwise, but in practice that is what you get.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I noticed the width for the area listed in video for question 3 is different from the width in the posted spec sheet; width with mirrors - 85.4”; without mirrors - 75.7”. I haven’t worked out the math yet, so I’m not sure if either width will make a difference in finding an exact answer.

Also, I noticed in the video for week 2’s answer they used the curb weight for a RE non-widebody (4451lbs).... Unless the 2019 RE widebody curb weight is 4451lbs and the Challenger50 badge weighs 41lbs.
I don't think the area of the mirrors would change the values much to worry about. They would add some parasitic drag, but it would be very small.
For last weeks question I found 4 different posted weights for the same car, so then I went with the weight from the build section of the Dodge website, and someone else posted that they had found yet another posted weight from Dodge.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
I'm having a real brain fart on calculating the area. :mad: Specifically, the (1ft^2/144in^2). Was thinking it would need to be the height of the car which is 55.7".

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
I'm having a real brain fart on calculating the area. :mad: Specifically, the (1ft^2/144in^2). Was thinking it would need to be the height of the car which is 55.7".
There is 144 square inches in a square foot Whats the issue .???

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
So what is week 4....how much horsepower is required to time travel? HAHAHA

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Listing any of the possible answers from a multiple choice with 800 possibilities is certainly going to hurt someone's feelings :eek:

Is 1251hp a choice? I just made that one up. :cool:

And, FWIW - releasing broken incomplete crap into Production is called AGILE. Now, the manifesto would state otherwise, but in practice that is what you get.
Hmmmm yes....I've heard of this AGILE phenomenon. We have a new project coming online at work that doesn't work worth a squat but will be released no matter what that is being run with the AGILE process. It's everything I can do not to blurt out "lies" whenever someone talks about a new "story" they are testing or compiling.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I don't know, but I'm going to wait until around 10 pm EST on Monday night before I submit my answer just in case they post it early again this week.
Speaking of which....I haven't seen an email from Dodge yet about them screwing up big time by doing that and adding another car to the equation for this week.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Already on it. Doing research now.... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

time machine.gif

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
I don't know, but I'm going to wait until around 10 pm EST on Monday night before I submit my answer just in case they post it early again this week. Speaking of which....I haven't seen an email from Dodge yet about them screwing up big time by doing that and adding another car to the equation for this week.
Yea, i sent the game company a message through the support link about that latest screw-up and, crickets...surprise. "Dodge Cares", where are you???

CU89

Member ID
Reactions
City
Eau Claire
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2019 Widebody Scat PacK
Bottomline in my opinion - We should accept the very real possibility that a tech savy person has set up a vpn and a system of bots which cannot be detected by the company running the contest. If that company cant even get the formulas or answers correct, I have no confidence that they are able to detect whether or not someone has circumvented their procedural safeguards, let alone care. Consequently, do not be surprised if the 5 cars are "won" by people living within 100 miles of eachother.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Yea, i sent the game company a message through the support link about that latest screw-up and, crickets...surprise. "Dodge Cares", where are you???
@drag racer - you have to tag them. They've been very responsive, though I don't know how much control they have over this contest.

@DodgeCares