Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Horsepower Challenge

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Bottomline in my opinion - We should accept the very real possibility that a tech savy person has set up a vpn and a system of bots which cannot be detected by the company running the contest. If that company cant even get the formulas or answers correct, I have no confidence that they are able to detect whether or not someone has circumvented their procedural safeguards, let alone care. Consequently, do not be surprised if the 5 cars are "won" by people living within 100 miles of eachother.
It's the Russians! They keep meddling in our stuff and it needs to stop.

svs.jpg

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red

QuadFin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 B5 Blue Challenger Hellcat Redeye
I don't think the area of the mirrors would change the values much to worry about. They would add some parasitic drag, but it would be very small.
For last weeks question I found 4 different posted weights for the same car, so then I went with the weight from the build section of the Dodge website, and someone else posted that they had found yet another posted weight from Dodge.
I agree the mirrors provide minimal drag. I pointed out the different values for width because the area will be used in calculating terminal velocity (Vt), and Vt will be carried over to the other equations provided.

I guess all these years I should’ve really been saying “Close enough for Dodge work” instead of “Close enough for gov’t work”.

QuadFin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 B5 Blue Challenger Hellcat Redeye
Yea, i sent the game company a message through the support link about that latest screw-up and, crickets...surprise. "Dodge Cares", where are you???
I messaged the game company about the screw-ups and early release of the answer. Below it was they sent me back.

Support (PrizeLogic)
Nov 21, 3:58 PM EST

Thank you for reaching out to us. Due to Week 3 Question still being an active sweepstakes, we are unable to provide any information for this question. Regarding the answer for Week 2 being released early, this information has been forwarded to our engineers for review and they are actively investigating the issue.

We greatly appreciate your continued participation in the Dodge Horsepower Challenge and we wish you the best of luck for your future entries! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
PrizeLogic Support

CU89

Member ID
Reactions
City
Eau Claire
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2019 Widebody Scat PacK
I messaged the game company about the screw-ups and early release of the answer. Below it was they sent me back.

Support (PrizeLogic)
Nov 21, 3:58 PM EST

Thank you for reaching out to us. Due to Week 3 Question still being an active sweepstakes, we are unable to provide any information for this question. Regarding the answer for Week 2 being released early, this information has been forwarded to our engineers for review and they are actively investigating the issue.

We greatly appreciate your continued participation in the Dodge Horsepower Challenge and we wish you the best of luck for your future entries! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
PrizeLogic Support
PrizeLogic just released a photo of their engineers working on what went wrong. Screenshot_20191122-093143_Firefox.jpg

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I agree the mirrors provide minimal drag. I pointed out the different values for width because the area will be used in calculating terminal velocity (Vt), and Vt will be carried over to the other equations provided.

I guess all these years I should’ve really been saying “Close enough for Dodge work” instead of “Close enough for gov’t work”.
After retiring from gov't work after years and years of servitude, I can say without a doubt that the phrase “Close enough for gov’t work”, is woefully inadequate for a description of the sh-t pile quality of the work produced in my prior place of employment. Not to mention the amount of waste that happened there daily. Tax dollars thrown down the drain every day. :mad::mad::mad:

The adage, "Close only counts with horseshoes and hand grenades" should be tweaked to add, "and gov't work". Throw it on the wall to see if it sticks is the current credo. :(:(:(

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Oh...I get it..and it makes sense to think about it....but once you look at how the airflow is being pushed from that barn door sized bottom of the car, i doubt the small area of those mirrors would even be in that airflow in their entirety. Once you figure everything else out, the area that the mirrors might effect would be hidden in a rounding error. I thought about the mirrors initially, but dismissed it.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Reminder to make sure you entered your answer for this week. Would be cool to see someone from the site win

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
HELPFUL HINT.... [histerical][histerical][histerical]

multiple choice.gif

WileECoyote

Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prattville
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
I got the correct answer for question 3.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Asheboro
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBHCRE
Is this yet another error ?

SAE J2807 (Davis Dam Grande Climb) - min speed is 40mpg (59 ft/s) ???

MPG or MPH ???? I'm sure this must be miles per hour, not miles per gallon?????

L J

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
59ft/sec is the value you really need, and that converts to 40mph.

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
First of all trick question......... the "Dodge Bros" didn't build the ship... Horace Dodge commissioned it.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Well i got question 3 correct
No emails of winning anything.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT....

1574805134881.png

Member ID
Reactions
City
Pottstown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2013 Dodge Challenger
Winners will be announced weekly!

Or so says the contest main page. Has anybody heard of any winners being announced as of yet ?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Winners will be announced weekly!

Or so says the contest main page. Has anybody heard of any winners being announced as of yet ?

Nothing

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
The way I understand it is the correct answer winners names go in a pot and then the winner is pulled out of that...