Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DR + wheel size advice for street use?

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
For the street i run PS4S 345s in the rear, they hook pretty good, night and day better than stock, now from a dig when hot the spin is still there, but improved dramatically.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
For the street i run PS4S 345s in the rear, they hook pretty good, night and day better than stock, now from a dig when hot the spin is still there, but improved dramatically.
I am with him. Impressive tires, smooth ride. Yesterday was the first time in about six weeks I had the “street” set on with the big PS4S’s. I drove it to a car show in Des Moines. I gave a couple of “demo” rides in 90 degree heat and there was not much tire noise going on at all. Can’t wait to see a couple more people today and drive it back north to enjoy the 4th at home.

They have given up a best of 3.3 seconds to 60. I don’t know if we can ask for better on the street along with everything else they do right, like be rain capable, wear good, drive smooth and quiet. Plus the 345 fits the Widebody rear so well!

Good tires guys, I even talked with a guy last Monday on the track with a big 4wd Audi of some sort. He had four PS4S’s damn near wore out and loved them. He indicated he knows lots more people figuring out that is a great tire for street and track use (road racing). You guys know we hate wheel spin probably more than drag racers.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
So why go wider and DR’s in the front anyway? My brain is telling me that would be more rolling resistance.
For the street, I'd go a tad wider in the front (315's). Nitto 555 Extremes are not DR's, the 555R's are their DR's. I have a set on my Camaro....Extremes on the front and DR's on the rear which I drive on the street too. You just gotta realize DR's are not meant for handling on curves...

For strictly racing, you should be better off with narrower fronts - You could have a set of 20" narrow front wheels and 18" with DR's for the rear....for strip use.....if you don't mind buying a spare set of wheels for drag racing only. I wouldn't want to have 6-7" wide front wheels on the street, although I've seen it done.

Deano

1000 Posts Club
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Roy
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WBHC
I have a 19 HCWB. I'm using Toyo R888R 325/30x20 on OE 11" wheels on the rear. They get warm enough with normal driving that they hook and book when I open it up. There are no issues with handling. The only drawback may be they tend to be a bit noisy. I run them at 28psi cold.