Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Drag racing wheels & tires photo thread

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
I bought the wheels used but a quick tape measure/straight edge measurement shows to be 6"b.s. They fit well, no clearance issues anywhere and the 315/50 fits the 11" wheel width nicely.

I got my skinnies on recently. I went with the Forgestar D5. They don't seem to be as far sunk in as many of the other skinnies I've seen. Also, they clear the big brakes the RE has. And once they're powdercoated they look good w the S71's.

View attachment 9790
Thanks for the info. They look great.
You must of had the S71's powder coated satin black since Weld does not offer them that way.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thanks for the info. They look great.
You must of had the S71's powder coated satin black since Weld does not offer them that way.
Thanks. They're Tiger drylac Matte Black.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
I bought the wheels used but a quick tape measure/straight edge measurement shows to be 6"b.s. They fit well, no clearance issues anywhere and the 315/50 fits the 11" wheel width nicely.

I got my skinnies on recently. I went with the Forgestar D5. They don't seem to be as far sunk in as many of the other skinnies I've seen. Also, they clear the big brakes the RE has. And once they're powdercoated they look good w the S71's.

View attachment 9790
Specs on those D5s?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Going to try these 315/50-17 on 10 1/2” Race Star Recluse this spring with a 2.98 first gear M6, hoping for a 1.6 or better 60’. If it works then get a set of skinny’s for the front.
0BADA7BC-77F3-474F-87F2-DD460069F2CF.jpeg 22DFC6B5-22EC-4F40-805B-C3C014C37873.jpeg 9E9D5B99-B231-4ABD-872E-8E36135BA1DB.png CBE2F1E8-F2E6-4456-9F9E-598A05D137D5.jpeg

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Forgot to ask....details on the tires up front? :)
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mtt-6688/overview/

M/T 28-6x18.
In typical M/T fashion these tires sort of suck. They're not quite round, tread has a bit of lateral runout and both called for over 5 oz lead to balance. That's a lot for a tire this small.
I would have gone w the M&H if these were race only, but I drive it to show n shines and such too so I wanted a street tire and couldn't find a tire sized similarly in a higher quality brand. Maybe by the time I'm sick of these I will have found a better option.
Btw, our local Discount Tire will price match anyone and will stand behind what they sell. So... WHEN you get an M/T tire that's just too far out they'll order in another one and make it right. Much simpler process to deal w than buying from Summit or similar and then having some unlucky local guy mount and unmount a bunch of square tires for you.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
17" Racestars with 305ETRs can't go wrong with that setup. That is hpindy on the left. Yes he beat me.
challenger-27.jpg

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3

M/T 28-6x18.
In typical M/T fashion these tires sort of suck. They're not quite round, tread has a bit of lateral runout and both called for over 5 oz lead to balance. That's a lot for a tire this small.
I would have gone w the M&H if these were race only, but I drive it to show n shines and such too so I wanted a street tire and couldn't find a tire sized similarly in a higher quality brand. Maybe by the time I'm sick of these I will have found a better option.
Btw, our local Discount Tire will price match anyone and will stand behind what they sell. So... WHEN you get an M/T tire that's just too far out they'll order in another one and make it right. Much simpler process to deal w than buying from Summit or similar and then having some unlucky local guy mount and unmount a bunch of square tires for you.
Have you considered the Alumastar 2.0 with a 225/60/18? Saw that in this thread: https://www.hellcatforum.org/thread...lumastar-2-0-fronts-using-a-larger-tire.4585/

Also, a pic of the AStar 2.0 on a widebody....not running the 225/60 tho..
blue-dodge-challenger-redeye-srt-weld-drag-racing-wheels-forged-a.jpg

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

M/T 28-6x18.
I had the M&H front runners and have gone to the M/T Sportsman. I have not had the balancing issues with them that you mentioned. They actually took little weight to get right on my Billet Specialties wheels. I’ve had them up to 184 mph and smooth as could be so maybe just lucky. My experience with the M&H Racemasters was that I liked them as a quarter mile tire. They steered nice in a straight line with very little input. Other than that.... they sucked. Stopping sucked (I actually locked them up once with a little too much brake on the street). Cornering sucked (they feel like the tire is going to roll over and break the bead). And as far as the max weight rating goes... the car is too heavy. The M/T on the other hand.... feels like a regular tire. I really can’t tell that it’s skinny. Downside is that it’s heavy. Actually incredibly heavy for its size. The reason I changed is I kept thinking about running that light weight Racemaster on the half mile at those speeds, with heavy braking on that rough surface and imagining what a front tire failure would look like at over 180. Screw that extra 20 lbs. I slept better the night before running one of those.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Yes Marc, I'd say you did get lucky.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

View attachment 9790
For those who cannot visualize the difference between a Racestar with -20 offset and these Forgestars with -37 offset... here you go:

1578364427665.png

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
17" Racestars with 305ETRs can't go wrong with that setup. That is hpindy on the left. Yes he beat me.
View attachment 9870
Mark I coulda' got a granite pearl coat cheaper than my B5. They wouldn't budge because the B5 was discontinued. But MAN that thing looks badass. Makes me think I shoulda' reconsidered.

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
For those who cannot visualize the difference between a Racestar with -20 offset and these Forgestars with -37 offset... here you go:

View attachment 9924
I am too blind/stupid too decipher this info.
So, what does this mean?
-20 or -37 offset?
Which is better?

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Mark I coulda' got a granite pearl coat cheaper than my B5. They wouldn't budge because the B5 was discontinued. But MAN that thing looks badass. Makes me think I shoulda' reconsidered.
Thanks man. B5 is baddass too. Really there isn't a color that looks bad on these cars.

challenger-10-3.jpg challenger-21.jpg challenger-25-2.jpg

Last edited:

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
I am too blind/stupid too decipher this info.
So, what does this mean?
-20 or -37 offset?
Which is better?
0 offset is the middle of the wheel exactly so a negative offset moves the mounting pad centreline toward the inner portion of the wheel barrel, and a positive offset toward the outside. Arguably a 0 offset is best as it even aligns the wheel over the hub centre and manages mechanical loading best, this is without getting into things like scrub radius and leverage issues associated with working angles.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
0 offset is the middle of the wheel exactly so a negative offset moves the mounting pad centreline toward the inner portion of the wheel barrel, and a positive offset toward the outside. Arguably a 0 offset is best as it even aligns the wheel over the hub centre and manages mechanical loading best, this is without getting into things like scrub radius and leverage issues associated with working angles.
I'm old and old school. I still love the "deep dish" look on muscle cars. Took me a long time to get used to the positive offset on newer cars. Just looked goofy to me. Unfortunately with the big brakes and offsets you can't get that look on the Challengers.....unless you get the widebody.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
I'm old and old school. I still love the "deep dish" look on muscle cars. Took me a long time to get used to the positive offset on newer cars. Just looked goofy to me. Unfortunately with the big brakes and offsets you can't get that look on the Challengers.....unless you get the widebody.
Funny that, eh?

My rear widebody-spec Racestars have a 4 inch lip... pretty excited to get those on the car come Spring.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Funny that, eh?

My rear widebody-spec Racestars have a 4 inch lip... pretty excited to get those on the car come Spring.
I was running late for work this morning couldn't really respond. But I'll just say..... toooshay (Yea I can't really spell in English or French). LOL.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
I was running late for work this morning couldn't really respond. But I'll just say..... toooshay (Yea I can't really spell in English or French). LOL.
Touché, mon ami; or Tushy, mon cheri.