Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR RED EYES

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #541
X

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #542
X

Last edited:

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I wish they would have figured a way to allow me to fix this hiccup (with the understanding that I would not be covered on the race track which is per the actual warranty). They basically said if they find a P1400 code my Warranty is toast. Or, they could have offered me a diminished value settlement and I would be OK with them restricting my Warranty. I mean, after all, how often do these cars break when running at or near stock power?

The reason is, I like to learn and I am VERY curious to see what this car will pick up simply by fixing this Hiccup. If it ran 108.00 on one pass completely closing the throttle, then what do you think the ET will do and the MPH will do if it had a clean pass with WOT all the way. Just think if you actually closed your throttle momentarily all the way in first gear? I am sure the computer is doing it pretty fast, but still..........
I am heading to the track this weekend if it does not rain and I will be getting Hpindy to take some logs of my car. I will also try to get some video from inside the car for you. Now my car is a 2.62 car so I know it's not apples to apples but it may help or at least give you a comparison to show FCA.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I am heading to the track this weekend if it does not rain and I will be getting Hpindy to take some logs of my car. I will also try to get some video from inside the car for you. Now my car is a 2.62 car so I know it's not apples to apples but it may help or at least give you a comparison to show FCA.
Ever run any of the tracks down here in the states...

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Ever run any of the tracks down here in the states...
I have not but I would like to one day.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
friday not looking good Mark, what`s your thoughts about friday? we may end up just watching it rain.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
friday not looking good Mark, what`s your thoughts about friday? we may end up just watching it rain.
I just checked your right and thunderstorms for Sunday also. So that probably means if it doesn't rain Friday then it will definitely rain on Saturday and we might all get screwed. I used this trip as a pleasure/business trip as I have a new customer in Knowlton Quebec which is about 45 min from the track. I am going to bring him some prototypes and try to get some work from them. So not a total waste for me if it rains but I will be pissed off. I would rather drag race then get the customer but it's a double edged sword because I need the customer so I can pay off my Hellcat and drag race it:unsure::ROFLMAO:

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I just checked your right and thunderstorms for Sunday also. So that probably means if it doesn't rain Friday then it will definitely rain on Saturday and we might all get screwed. I used this trip as a pleasure/business trip as I have a new customer in Knowlton Quebec which is about 45 min from the track. I am going to bring him some prototypes and try to get some work from them. So not a total waste for me if it rains but I will be pissed off. I would rather drag race then get the customer but it's a double edged sword because I need the customer so I can pay off my Hellcat and drag race it:unsure::ROFLMAO:
wait till morning an see what the others think, sounds like your making the trip either way , business pays the bills.

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
If your overevving to almost 6500 your gaining on hp and gear ratio on the shift rpm drop. The hiccup is probably bringing you back to a wash.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #550
X

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
LET's TALK WHEELS AND TIRES.

I do want a SRT Super Stock. But I found out some alarming news yesterday. So, I have these Forgestar F14 wheels and I love them. Well, they do NOT make a F14 Wide body wheel in a 17X10. To be able to keep the F14's in Gunmetal I will be forced to go with an 18X11 and the 305/45R18 ET STREET R. I am not sure if that tire will hook at Irwindale. I also could run the P325/45R18 Hoosier DOT Drag Radial. But that tire is not recommended for the street. In fact it is forbidden. Plus there is the cost of all this. Wheels, tires Hubcentric rings, TPMS and selling the other stuff used. The Front Wheels/Tires will still work so I will keep them because I really like the way the car drives on this setup.

Now the rear Billet Specialties Win Lites with the Hoosier Radial Slicks. Luckily I have not used that stuff yet. Also, I might not get hammered so bad because at the retail level the Drag Pack wheel I have is more expensive than the Dodge Wide Body 17X10 Win Lite. Now, do I get the new wheels and transfer over the tires, TPMS and Hub rings and sell the wheels, or do I sell the assemblies all dialed in and ready to go? Guess I have to test the waters on here and on FB. Again the Front setup will work but it is not optimum for the Demon front Brake Assemblies. It is 2 pounds heavier. I will probably keep them and use as is, unless someone wants them real bad and wants me to include them with the rear as a set and I do not get hurt on the money so bad.

With the Win Lites there is another issue. All their wheels except the Drag Pack have always been a Mag Shank Lug Nut. So my existing fronts are conical seat lug nuts since they are Drag Pack wheels. Well, they are transitioning all their wheels to a Conical Seat from the Mag Shank now. As stock runs out, when they build new lots they will be made with a conical seat. So, I may not be able to get a 17X10 Dodge Wide Body Win Lite wheel with conical seats to match my fronts. That would suck.

View attachment 20290

I ran the Hoosiers 275/50/17 on my Daytona last year and this year on my Hellcat and drove to the track 20 miles away. Even drove home in the rain with them. Not sure why you can't drive them on the street

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
You are forgetting the throttle is closing way before 6500 and not getting fully open until part way into second gear. It's a V notch with the slopes at about a 45 deg angle. The throttle does not close and then open in a millisecond. Besides the 60 foot and MPH say you are wrong. Compared to my Demon time slips with matching MPH and 60 foot I am off about .25 sec in the 1/8th. Do you really think the Demon locking the converter at a higher RPM and shifting harder gets .25 in the 1/8th.
Just thinking out loud. My car had shift timing issues while tuning and it still ran 10.0 hitting the limit in 2 gears.

Prove me wrong and tune that payed off car. ;)

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Well...I am at my local dealer, they are currently hooking up data logging/recording equipment to my car, and then I’m going to go drive around with the lead tech here who is also a local Mopar guy We’ll see how it goes,

Last edited:

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Well...I am at my local dealer, they are currently hooking up data logging/recording equipment to my car, and then I’m going to go drive around with the lead tech here who is also a local Mopar racer. We’ll see how it goes,
Hopefully you’ll get a good result!

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I did get in two separate data grabs, one for the transmission and one for the engine. My car was performing well and didn't do it's worst hiccup shifts, but I do believe we captured some delayed shifts. We made sure we were going straight on good pavement before we captured the cars data, and I have to admit the car didn't bog on shifts as much as it does in other driving situations like when there is a little steering angle or the pavement is crowned or uneven. I definitely didn't get my car's worst behavior captured, but I also feel I know I got a couple shifts that were delayed well beyond what they claim track mode shifts at. Also sent in some pics of my screen which doesn't show the Power Chiller as a selectable feature on the race options screen. FWIW my car did not have any stored error codes for engine over-revving or anything like that and I have had a ton of blowing off the tries shifts into the next gear, I did ask about it. They are going to send all the data and info up to the next level of service people and try to get it to the people at SRT. We will see I guess... Really appreciate my local dealer for doing this all on the same day, I called the service manager at 8:05 am this morning, had the car there at 9 am, we did data grabs on two separate occasions, and I was at home eating lunch before noon! Got a new Redeye hat and everything. No charge to the service dept. @DodgeCares

Last edited:

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Now let’s all hope that the correct set of eyes see this info! I know they are there???? Gotta get me one of them redeye hats!!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA