Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

OP
DRAGRCR

DRAGRCR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
SRT SUPER STOCK
Thread Starter #621
I've got to get this over with.........

0404211515.jpg

EricG

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Last edited:
OP
DRAGRCR

DRAGRCR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
SRT SUPER STOCK
Thread Starter #624
It will be WAY easier to install. Just get a few clips lined up and then work your way around slamming it on. Start out at the bumper cover because there is a tab that you must engauge/force. Removing : the trick is to get first couple clips popped and then it is easy enough grab it and to work your way around. The initial pop was at 10 or 11 O-Clock. Pushing a trim tool up in there and prying from the lower side inside the wheel well. I tried just pulling on it and that would not work at all! Maybe I was grabbing too much and including the wheel well liner. Not sure. The last part was releasing at the front/bumper cover with that pesky tab. I was fighting that and the whole rest of the Flare was flailing around and I was worried about scratching the car. A helper would have been great at that moment.

The painter has it now. I have known him for 30 years and trust him 100%.

0404211516.jpg

jgilj

Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Redeye WB
Kinda crude looking but I guess it works !

OP
DRAGRCR

DRAGRCR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
SRT SUPER STOCK
Thread Starter #626
Well, I was looking at my car today and I noticed the Teeth were all crooked. I think 10 weeks of chomping at the bit will cause this. So, I took her to the orthodontist and afterward she came out with a couple of braces on her.

OP
DRAGRCR

DRAGRCR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
SRT SUPER STOCK
Thread Starter #627
Finally got this car to Irwindale last night for the very first time. We have a new Person prepping the track and he knows what he is doing. The track surface at the starting line was the best I have ever seen it. Add that to these big honking Hoosier DBR's and the car dead hooked on every pass. When they first started running at 5PM it was still pretty hot outside. Maybe 80 deg. First pass I did not get a time slip. Then it ran a 6.57. 6.55 and 6.56 before Dinner. After I ate and the sun went down, it had cooled off quite a bit and the car had cooled down. So, around 9 PM it ran a PB for the night at 6.465 @ 107.84 with a 1.412 sixty foot. Then 18 minutes later fully warmed up it ran a 6.49 with a 1.420 sixty.
. IRWINDALE 4-8-2021 9 to 915PM.jpg

Last edited:

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Finally got this car to Irwindale last night for the very first time. We have a new Person prepping the track and he knows what he is doing. The track surface at the starting line was the best I have ever seen it. Add that to these big honking Hoosier DBR's and the car dead hooked on every pass. When they first opened at 5PM it was still pretty hot outside. Maybe 80 deg. First pass I did not get a time slip. Then it ran a 6.57. 6.55 and 6.56 before Dinner. After I ate and the sun went down, it had cooled off quite a bit and the car had cooled down. So, around 9PM it ran a PB for the night at 6.465 @ 107.84 with a 1.412 sixty foot. Then 18 minutes later fully warmed up it ran a 6.49 with a 1.420 sixty.
. View attachment 41161
Nice work Ron!!👍
I'm looking forward to seeing how it does throughout the year.
Come on lottery I need one of these 😂😂

TNREDEYE

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 REDEYE
That's great news about Irwindale! It's rare these days to find a track that's actually moving in the right direction. I found the exact opposite at Music City Tuesday evening. They had to delay the start of open time trials because they didn't even have enough employees to run the place. The RFC guy ended up running the staging lanes and the wife of the couple that owns/runs the place was the only person working the concession stand. I knew the start line would be "less than stellar" when I backed in the water and there was a 4wd truck staging and a minivan beside me. lol
Great et's out of the SS too! Sounds like a fun outing.