Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #701
Ron, Did you put Demon springs in your SS. My SS feels soft already in rear, on launch. Nose comes up hard as well.. much softer then my 19 HC W/B did.. I definitely thought they were different..So how much softer are Demon springs?
The Demon front springs are taller and softer. So they store more energy. But I expect it to sit lower in the front or the same. The rear spring will make the car sit higher in the rear. Most people do not know this. Lots of controversy about the Demon rear Spindle being different and I even read that the spindle is the same but the CRADLE was different. The attachment points for the rear control arms was moved to improve the camber for the Drag Strip Launch. NONE of this is true, I beleive. As told to me by a Friend that has installed the AAD stuff on one car and did a bunch to get the camber perfect.

On the Demon the camber is more straight up and down on launch because of the Camber Curve. If the car sits higher then the camber is at a more ideal point in the camber curve. It's funny because everybody bitched about the car sitting up so high in the rear. That was on purpose.

My Front end already tops out really hard on launch. So I expect the Launch to improve. Jim Wilder just told me I should run the Demon Shocks as well, but I am going to try just the Springs for now.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
The Demon front springs are taller and softer. So they store more energy. But I expect it to sit lower in the front or the same. The rear spring will make the car sit higher in the rear. Most people do not know this. Lots of controversy about the Demon rear Spindle being different and I even read that the spindle is the same but the CRADLE was different. The attachment points for the rear control arms was moved to improve the camber for the Drag Strip Launch. NONE of this is true, I beleive. As told to me by a Friend that has installed the AAD stuff on one car and did a bunch to get the camber perfect.

On the Demon the camber is more straight up and down on launch because of the Camber Curve. If the car sits higher then the camber is at a more ideal point in the camber curve. It's funny because everybody bitched about the car sitting up so high in the rear. That was on purpose.

My Front end already tops out really hard on launch. So I expect the Launch to improve. Jim Wilder just told me I should run the Demon Shocks as well, but I am going to try just the Springs for now.
the Demon rear cradle is a different part # allows camber to be closer to zero. a friend just bought one.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #703
the Demon rear cradle is a different part # allows camber to be closer to zero. a friend just bought one.
Different Part Number does not assure different Camber. Install it with Hellcat springs and let me know (I doubt you will). Part numbers change for various reasons. Besides I think I would put the AAD stuff in there before installing a different cradle. You get the camber AND stiffer stronger suspension. Just sayin......

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
The Back Demon wheels I had Powdercoated turned out a little light in my poinion (compared to the Forgestars I was trying to match to). I think I paid $120 each. It was more because of the color, she told me. All the satin black wheels I did were $75 each. Here is a pic with the Forgestars on the front and the OEM wheels on the back.
View attachment 45992
So why don't you have matching forgestars on the back?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Can you order the Demon springs? I know before you needed a VIN

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #706
So why don't you have matching forgestars on the back?
They strung me along for 6 months on my order. I had 18X11's ordered to match. At the end it was comical. They told me they are finally in process and it would be 2 weeks for them to be drilled and painted. I checked back in THREE weeks and I was told the EXACT same thing. Losers. I was amazed I actually was refunded my $860. Shocked really.

I already had the Demon wheels so it was a no brainer.

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #707
Can you order the Demon springs? I know before you needed a VIN
Not restricted any more. Order away.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Different Part Number does not assure different Camber. Install it with Hellcat springs and let me know (I doubt you will). Part numbers change for various reasons. Besides I think I would put the AAD stuff in there before installing a different cradle. You get the camber AND stiffer stronger suspension. Just sayin......
can`t disagree with ya.............. I`ve already done AAD everything, demon springs , 15 inch conversion, etc. I would not waste the money on a Demon cradle myself .
but my friend claims the combo of different springs an slight tweek in the cradle is how they got the better camber for drag strip.
all based on his research not mine.;)

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
5.125 is correct for a wide body. You are going from a stock 11" wide to 10" wide. So they split the difference. But there is so much room on the inside I would have took advantage of that to tuck the tire in a little. The Wheels I had Weld make for me were 5.5" backspace. Stock backspace is 5.875 (11"wide rim).
Hi Ron, I just ordered a set of Weld Venturas 17x10 with 5.5" backspacing for my 21 Super Stock (also got 18x5 fronts). Since you like the 29.5x11.5-18 Hoosier drag bracket radials so much, I'm guessing I should go with the 29.5x10.5-17? I want to be able to hook even when the track prep goes downhill on TNT nights.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
can`t disagree with ya.............. I`ve already done AAD everything, demon springs , 15 inch conversion, etc. I would not waste the money on a Demon cradle myself .
but my friend claims the combo of different springs an slight tweek in the cradle is how they got the better camber for drag strip.
That seems like a lot of work and expense when the AAD stuff dials it in perfect.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #711
Hi Ron, I just ordered a set of Weld Venturas 17x10 with 5.5" backspacing for my 21 Super Stock (also got 18x5 fronts). Since you like the 29.5x11.5-18 Hoosier drag bracket radials so much, I'm guessing I should go with the 29.5x10.5-17? I want to be able to hook even when the track prep goes downhill on TNT nights.
I have bad news. I have spun a bunch of times even on that big tire. When the prep is bad you really have to go outside the box. I try to run 18-19 psi most of the time and if the prep is good the car hooks real well. Examples. At the Rock on Friday I made 13 passes and I spun on 3 of them. But they run that program on a PRO tree. So I am forced to get way up on the converter to get the car to react quicker. That is quite a bit more challenging on the hook. If I stomp the throttle from more like 800 RPM it hooks way better. On Saturday and Sunday we were competing so they prepped better and I had zero issues at 19 PSI. That pic is at 19 PSI.

To make matters worse I have been having a lot of Issues at Irwindale. We got a new track Prep Guy and he started out strong and then he flaked big time. First week I hooked 9 out of 10 runs and that one time it spun, the tires were brand new. Next week I spun twice out of 7 passes. Next week I spun 4 out of 5. AND at Irwindale I do not get up on the converter. I was so bummed because I thought this Tire would work on ANYATHING. And it won't. When you have bad prep you have bad prep. Period. I made 2 passes at Virginia and it dead hooked both times. But the track was flawless at the time I ran.

Now, outside the box. Go down on pressure and extend the burnout. If you have stock power this will work. If you are modified then you are going to have to go 15" conversion etc.

So last week at Irwindale I was ASSURED by the Owner that the track was on point when he took my money at the gate. But since I have been having trouble I added a bunch of fuel to the Car (1/2 tank) and threw 65 pounds of balast in the trunk! That should help a LOT. And the track looked good. First pass I was at 18 PSI hot and the car dead hooked and then got out about 1-1/2 car lengths and started spinning and hopping. I was so pissed I just put the car away, changed my clothes and aired up my tires.
But my Friend Walter was there with his Demon. He is stock power with a lot of weight reduction. So definately no balast in the trunk. He runs the Hoosier DBR 28/10.5-18 on an 18X11 rim. He told me he was running 16.4 PSI which is quite low for that small tire. He also BOILS the tires during the burnout. He always has. He dead hooked and ran a 6.29. Then later he ran a 6.21. A couple days later he was at Fomoso and he was running 18.4 PSI up there. So he was able to hook and I decided to give it another try. I got the car ready and made one pass at 16 PSI and I extended the burnout. I left from 800 rpm and did a 1.42 sixty. It ran a 6.51 with all that weight in there. I also saw in the past where one member posted he was having all these difficulties and he ran that tire at 15 PSI and did a big wheel stand in a modified Hellcat. Is his gauge accurate? I don't know.

If I were you I would run the 29.5/10.5-17 Hoosier DBR, or, as an alternate you could run the 315/50R17 ET Street R. If you want to go for personal bests you can run the smaller tires. They WILL hook on max prep. That is why I have 2 setups.

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #712
Those wheels are going to work good. Be sure and check the shock control wires. My right side was rubbing on my 17X10 Win Lites and I found it by seeing the Copper Color transfer on the inside lip of the wheel !

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Not restricted any more. Order away.
So are the shocks/springs the same thing on the 1320?

Also, if you are going to be swapping rear end shit....just do this
https://www.moserengineering.com/2009-Newer-Challenger-M9-Rear-Solid-Axle-Sub-Frame-Kit.item

A buddy that we used to drag race with did this to a C5 Corvette years ago. (i think he got one of the first ones). Made the C5 a monster in stock and super stock classes being much lighter than the Camaro/Firebird counterparts

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Those wheels are going to work good. Be sure and check the shock control wires. My right side was rubbing on my 17X10 Win Lites and I found it by seeing the Copper Color transfer on the inside lip of the wheel !
Thanks for the heads up! Will definitely check that... Btw, do you know if hub rings are needed for the Welds?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #715
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #716
DRAGRCR said:

Since I already was talking to Jim about something else, I asked him this question again just to get the final answer on this. I don't normally "use up" my friendship with him and bug him about such things. And when the Demon was coming out I swear I read that the Demon got a special rear spindle to adjust the camber .5 deg. And now that it is standard it would make sense that it is the same PN as the Demon and appear that the Demon does not have a special knuckle.

And I quote "We tweaked the hole location on the rear knuckle and got about .3 deg of camber out of it. We switched the L SRT line up in like 19 or 20my to that knuckle as we were running too much neg. camber....so your car has the reduced camber rear knuckle."

@Speedy!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #717
LIFE CHANGING EVENTS: 8 Months ago my Dad left this earth and left me some money. So, now I am leaving California and moving to Kingman AZ. It's kind of scary and will be a huge hassle in some respects, but sometimes you just have to go for it.

I am going from an apartment, where each time I trailer the Car it is a logistical nightmare, to being more on my own timeline and much more convinient. But, I will be trailering EVERY time I run the car from now on. Vegas 125 miles, Phoenix 210, Irwindale 310, Bakersfield 360. They might build a Drag Strip in Yucca 32 miles away. Just rumors at the moment. FCA Proving Grounds is right there. I am right on the 40 and this will give me a head start going to the mid west and back east and is a couple hundred miles closer to Houston/Dallas.

Also the Car will be safe inside with plenty of room for everything, AND the Truck (30X60 additional Garage in back). RV/Trailer parking has to be poured but it is setup for it (useable as is) and it will be generous in approach and length.

Escrow closes July 8th. Wish me luck.

SAT HSE.png

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
LIFE CHANGING EVENTS: 8 Months ago my Dad left this earth and left me some money. So, now I am leaving California and moving to Kingman AZ. It's kind of scary and will be a huge hassle in some respects, but sometimes you just have to go for it.

I am going from an apartment, where each time I trailer the Car it is a logistical nightmare, to being more on my own timeline and much more convinient. But, I will be trailering EVERY time I run the car from now on. Vegas 125 miles, Phoenix 210, Irwindale 310, Bakersfield 360. They might build a Drag Strip in Yucca 32 miles away. Just rumors at the moment. FCA Proving Grounds is right there. I am right on the 40 and this will give me a head start going to the mid west and back east and is a couple hundred miles closer to Houston/Dallas.

Also the Car will be safe inside with plenty of room for everything, AND the Truck (30X60 additional Garage in back). RV/Trailer parking has to be poured but it is setup for it (useable as is) and it will be generous in approach and length.

View attachment 46817
Very cool Ron:)

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
Congrats Ron, you will enjoy Kingman, kinda centrally located for your runs...lifestyle is more laid back than anything the city has to offer.

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon

View attachment 46817
good for you ron get out of that communist state