Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Hey @DRAGRCR , Ron, I talked to B Mason today & his Track Day is set for Jan. 8th 2022 at HRP. Hope you can make it again, call him to set up if you want & can make it.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #762
Hey @DRAGRCR , Ron, I talked to B Mason today & his Track Day is set for Jan. 8th 2022 at HRP. Hope you can make it again, call him to set up if you want & can make it.
That is good to hear. This event is at the top of my list. Always will be. For various reasons.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
That is good to hear. This event is at the top of my list. Always will be. For various reasons.
Same here !

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #765
Another benefit of AZ. , is you don't have to mow, fertilize or water grass. What a pain that can be. :LOL:
Absolutely. I almost bought a house with one ONE Acre in Owasso OK a couple years ago and it was all grass. I was told I could have a teenager cut it for me for $$$. But EVERY house had the grass cut. So, I am thinking they would expect it to get cut.

This house does not have one sprinkler! There are some Rose bushes and some shrubs but they are going to be taken out along with a couple of trees I dislike. But all the Desert Landscaping stays! SIDE.png

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I despise mowing the grass.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I have often thought what the neighbors would think if I dug up all the grass & put in gravel or Astro Turf ?
It would be expensive but would save time & money in the long run. I could sell my zero turn mower to compensate.
Not even sure if the HOA would allow it, HOA's suck, I guess a necessary evil. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I have often thought what the neighbors would think if I dug up all the grass & put in gravel or Astro Turf ?
It would be expensive be would save time & money in the long run. I could sell my zero turn mower to compensate.
Not even sure if the HOA would allow it, HOA's suck, I guess a necessary evil. :rolleyes:
I am seriously considering artificial turf for my back yard. I'm tired of trying to maintain it and the dogs ruining it. And yes HOA's really do suck!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I am seriously considering artificial turf for my back yard. I'm tired of trying to maintain it and the dogs ruining it. And yes HOA's really do suck!
If you do ? lmk how that goes.
Not sure if just putting dirt over the grass or take out the grass first, or if gravel needs to be laid down under astro turf ?

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
If you do ? lmk how that goes.
Not sure if just putting dirt over the grass or take out the grass first, or if gravel needs to be laid down under astro turf ?
You need to kill the grass and if you are installing it around a concrete driveway or patio, you will need to remove about 5 inches of soil for the base and turf to be at the correct level. The base should be a 4 inch layer of decomposed granite or a similar product. That needs to be tamped solid, then you can lay the turf and glue the seams. Next, you nail the seams and edges. The last step is adding infill to the turf and brushing it in. This helps weigh the turf down and also helps the blades stand better.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
You need to kill the grass and if you are installing it around a concrete driveway or patio, you will need to remove about 5 inches of soil for the base and turf to be at the correct level. The base should be a 4 inch layer of decomposed granite or a similar product. That needs to be tamped solid, then you can lay the turf and glue the seams. Next, you nail the seams and edges. The last step is adding infill to the turf and brushing it in. This helps weigh the turf down and also helps the blades stand better.
You obviously have looked deeper into it than I have, LOL, good info, a lot more to it than I thought.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm the president of our HOA LOL. The only reason I'm on it is to keep the nosey nellies from being unbearable. Every year I try to quit and they ask me to keep doing it. I guess no one else wants the job and possible confrontation. Had a neighbor literally almost start a fist fight with me at the gym over barking dogs.

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You obviously have looked deeper into it than I have, LOL, good info, a lot more to it than I thought.
Yup. It's a whole lot of work. The expense of it is what is really holding me back though. Just a decent turf is around $3.00 per square foot. That doesn't include glue, tape, nails, infill or the base.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I'm the president of our HOA LOL. The only reason I'm on it is to keep the nosey nellies from being unbearable.
Sometimes we need to join them to keep them down!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I'm the president of our HOA LOL. The only reason I'm on it is to keep the nosey nellies from being unbearable. Every year I try to quit and they ask me to keep doing it. I guess no one else wants the job and possible confrontation. Had a neighbor literally almost start a fist fight with me at the gym over barking dogs.
That can be a tough position to be in, people can get stupid over the smallest things.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Yup. It's a whole lot of work. The expense of it is what is really holding me back though. Just a decent turf is around $3.00 per square foot. That doesn't include glue, tape, nails, infill or the base.
Yeah, to go through all that work & money & how long will it last for the money spent.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #777
It would be expensive but would save time & money in the long run. I could sell my zero turn mower to compensate.
Gavel. This is my House in Rancho Cucamonga before I sold it. It includes drain pipes underneath etc. It was a LOT of work but I got it done. I wore out a flat shovel moving all the gravel into place. Front Yard 001.jpg DSCN0088.JPG

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Gavel. This is my House in Rancho Cucamonga before I sold it. It includes drain pipes underneath etc. It was a LOT of work but I got it done. I wore out a flat shovel moving all the gravel into place. View attachment 48559 View attachment 48560
That looks good, so kill the grass or take out the grass & haul in gravel & spread ?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #779
That looks good, so kill the grass or take out the grass & haul in gravel & spread ?
Yep. I put down plastic first of course.

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
A yard you only have to comb every now and again would work for me LOL

That can be a tough position to be in, people can get stupid over the smallest things.
Exactly and I have little patience for stupid. That may be why the board keeps asking me to stay on LOL.