Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Gen III Hemi Shootout NMCA Bradenton 18-21 March 2021

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye Widebody
Great opportunity to get outside in nice weather...with no mask if you choose! If you sign up to race your Gen III Hemi (2005 and later) your entry to the weekend is FREE, as in no entry fee! You can sign up and get on the mailing list at nmcadigital.com. There will be other classes including Nostalgia Super Stock, Nostalgia Muscle Car, Pro Mod, and several other bracket racing classes to enjoy. If you can't have fun at these events you are just not doing it right!
There are a total of six venues this free entry is offered for in the eastern US, all on the same form.
Hope to see you there!

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Great opportunity to get outside in nice weather...with no mask if you choose! If you sign up to race your Gen III Hemi (2005 and later) your entry to the weekend is FREE, as in no entry fee! You can sign up and get on the mailing list at nmcadigital.com. There will be other classes including Nostalgia Super Stock, Nostalgia Muscle Car, Pro Mod, and several other bracket racing classes to enjoy. If you can't have fun at these events you are just not doing it right!
There are a total of six venues this free entry is offered for in the eastern US, all on the same form.
Hope to see you there!
Come on out, let’s have some fun!! Look me up I’ll be there. John

Attachments

FlyByU

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2010 Challenger SRT
OP
SIXGUN

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
I would like to be there but already scheduled for something else. If it changes I will be there!

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle

FlyByU

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2010 Challenger SRT
Awesome

Member ID
Reactions
City
Parrish
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Red eye widebody show and drag car
I just got car Not dragged since seventies, i felt the cat needed a lot of support so before tune doing engine I'm on suspension and braces/ What class will I run.? I might have my ARH full long tube exhaust by then. IM in Parrish an hour away, so ill BE THERE. Jeff

FlyByU

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2010 Challenger SRT
I just got car Not dragged since seventies, i felt the cat needed a lot of support so before tune doing engine I'm on suspension and braces/ What class will I run.? I might have my ARH full long tube exhaust by then. IM in Parrish an hour away, so ill BE THERE. Jeff
Are you asking about the NMCA event or the Modern Street HEMI Shootout event?

OP
SIXGUN

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
127 Gen III Hemis made the shootout.
jgilg and I made the Quick 8 Shootout.
All you cats missed it! Don't worry, we represented the team pretty well, made it to the semis but my wimpy 10.6 avg barely got me into the Quick 8 via 1st Alternate) and on the heads-up race went down to a 10.0 Demon, same one that took jgilg out in the first round. I treed him by almost 20210321_123328.jpg .300 on a .400 Pro tree but didn't have the steam to get there first!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Congrats. 127 is a big number. The 2 I was in last year had about 35 cars in them. I also make the quick 8 both times. The first one I declined being I knew it would be hard to beat the quicker cars (best pass was a 10.97) but found out later I still would have won $100 for losing 1st round. The second race I did run and decided to time the tree which I red lit. Since then I was able to practice some on the pro tree at a different event. My last light was a .090. You can get better at the light but takes some practice

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
127 Gen III Hemis made the shootout.
jgilg and I made the Quick 8 Shootout.
All you cats missed it! Don't worry, we represented the team pretty well, made it to the semis but my wimpy 10.6 avg barely got me into the Quick 8 via 1st Alternate) and on the heads-up race went down to a 10.0 Demon, same one that took jgilg out in the first round. I treed him by almost View attachment 40047 .300 on a .400 Pro tree but didn't have the steam to get there first!
Hi Jerry
It’s hell going out in the first round but he had me by .2 so my 10.3 can’t beat his 10.1 ! But we all had fun!

Attachments

OP
SIXGUN

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
His 10.05 clearly had my 10.60 covered, but if I could've pushed him another .06 he'd have DQ'd himself at 9.99...so it ain't over until it's over!