Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

GT500 goes 9.70 at 144

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I still have my reservations about the DCT reliability at those power levels ... time will tell :cool:
hopefully it isn't as bad as the focus dct

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
What’s your trap MPH? Speedy

This is done on street tires R888. Car is going back out today with a bit more power and torque. It’ll be on MT’s too.

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
About 141mph. This is on a baby tune no where near turned up.

Tires won't help I don't think unless they tune out some of the launch/traction control. That's what I mean by latest tech. It launches VERY well.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I get on here and bust balls 'cause I hate Ford's. In reality, yes of course it's a fast and competent car and I know that. But It's NOT a next level sump'n, sump'n. Ok went 9.7 with E85, pulley and tune. A RE wouldn't do that? It's a nice car and Ford finally has a top contender in the ring, but again there's no WOW factor. If anything they followed "the formula"-- PD blower ,V8, auto, rear drive, sexy 2dr coupe style (just Ford's version)….ok. Wow??? If it was a turb'od V6 AWD with 750HP weighed 32-3400 and went 9.2 stock, I'd say yea, WOW they did something and branched out. Agree with Speedy 100% on his comments.
Also, why did they jump right to pulley, tune, E85? I would think they would try and prove what's possible with a "showroom" car available to anybody if they wanted to impress. I guess 10.6/10.7 on tire wouldn't do it since stock RE's on tire are already readily at 10.3 /10.4.

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Funny, that doesn't LOOK like an all-wheel drive 1/2 mile killer....

Just saying...

:p

;)
ok...I found the real pic

1505532296365.jpg

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
they got there sooner.
This is the kicker.
They got there within weeks of the release.

The MTs won't provide a significant advantage like they do on our cars, I see moderate gains from the tires, but the more power will help.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
It is nice that Ford has such a great aftermarket support that they can push threw and achieve results faster. That said, as others have said I'm not impressed with the list of mods added needed to achieve this current ET. Will it get faster, sure of course. That's what money and more R&D can do.

What we do know is that stock for stock (on a sticky tire) the Redeye is quicker from a dig by 2-3 tenths or better, because the DCT in stock form seems to hold it back. The launch control seems to work pretty effortlessly with the GT500. If both cars go to the track on stock tires, I have no doubt the GT500 will win on average (their stock tires are much better than ours). That said, only noobs race on stock tires. A real racer knows his/her car and understands any weak points. From a roll, it will be a very close race imo.

Will the DCT likely get more performance upgrades to reinforce it for better 60fts? Yeah, but at what cost? You can spend that money in other areas in our platforms since our transmissions doesn't need that kind of help early on with mods.

I've seen all I need to see with this platform after they took it to the track in stock form. Maybe one day the DCT will be awesome for drag racing, but in it's current stock form on the GT500 I'm not impressed. I also wouldn't personally want to dump thousands into it just to make it what it should be from the factory imo.

I don't hate the GT500, it's just an overall performer isn't my cup of tea. I want a drag focused track car. Dodge is doing that best right now imo out of the box. Does it have some issues, like aging and heavy chassis? Sure, but the Hellcat/Demon are the only real drag focused cars in their class imo. Both Chevy and Ford seem to be having fun chasing cones, and I have no issues with that. Just glad someone is catering to the drag racers as well.

If the GT500 was going to WOW me, it would have needed to run 9s off the showroom floor.

Congrats to those that buy the GT500, hope I run into one on the street! Getting tired of the GT350 guys ignoring me, lol.

Jonjonday

8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocala
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat Charger
What’s your trap MPH? Speedy

This is done on street tires R888. Car is going back out today with a bit more power and torque. It’ll be on MT’s too.
Looking forward to results..

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I get on here and bust balls 'cause I hate Ford's. In reality, yes of course it's a fast and competent car and I know that. But It's NOT a next level sump'n, sump'n. Ok went 9.7 with E85, pulley and tune. A RE wouldn't do that? It's a nice car and Ford finally has a top contender in the ring, but again there's no WOW factor. If anything they followed "the formula"-- PD blower ,V8, auto, rear drive, sexy 2dr coupe style (just Ford's version)….ok. Wow??? If it was a turb'od V6 AWD with 750HP weighed 32-3400 and went 9.2 stock, I'd say yea, WOW they did something and branched out. Agree with Speedy 100% on his comments.
Also, why did they jump right to pulley, tune, E85? I would think they would try and prove what's possible with a "showroom" car available to anybody if they wanted to impress. I guess 10.6/10.7 on tire wouldn't do it since stock RE's on tire are already readily at 10.3 /10.4.
No one is trying to set records on a stock vehicle except a few select Demon owners. Every tuner is in a race right now to say they've got the world's quickest GT500. It's good for business.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
The GT500s - how to handle them

crazy_snake_guy.gif

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
Guilty as charged…(but my nut sack is as big as a Crown Royal bag)
Oh great. I will never be able to look at my Crown Royal the same way ever again.

Time to put it in a brown paper bag.

Oh hell, then it will look like a tea bag.

SH*T.... :(

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
That 6mph trap speed delta is FAR more telling though. The GT500 would take that Hellcat to Gapplebee's with better traction or better driver. Nevermind the fact that they state that the GT500 was driven by Road & Track columnist, but the Hellcat was driven by a pro racer.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
That 6mph trap speed delta is FAR more telling though. The GT500 would take that Hellcat to Gapplebee's with better traction or better driver. Nevermind the fact that they state that the GT500 was driven by Road & Track columnist, but the Hellcat was driven by a pro racer.
Notice how a pro racer couldn't launch the Hellcat. Spun and ran a 11.7 wrong type of pro racer behind the wheel.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Larry just discovered gifs

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Larry just discovered gifs
Actually these are all like 16 years old. They're sitting on the hard drive, ought to dosomething with them...