Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Has anyone installed laser jammers in their Hellcat?

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
have ways of altering the transmission to defeat what i like to call overwhelming the return single by sheer power.
We call it "barrage noise jamming". It's probably the most basic form of EW. Basically raising the noise threshold for which the radar is setting for the environment by bombarding it with returns in the band that the radar is capable of operating. The objective is to get the radar to raise its threshold for noise in the environment to a point higher than your return, so it filters out your return as part of the environment and not something significant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrage_jamming

The downfall is, the radars will usually overcome the noise as it gets closer to the source of jamming, which allows the radar to identify the target. We call this "burn through".

You'd have to know quite a bit about what kind of radars the cops are using to be able to defeat them. Not sure what kind of technology they are using but, there are definitely radars out there that have no problem dealing with barrage noise.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
WFO and go go go...no plates on your car or bike = no tickets 😉😁😜

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Oh by the way I would never ever do that...I'm way too much a good boy that wouldn't even consider breaking a law...just incase you all were wondering.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I cannot comment on breaking the law, other than to say taking the plates off the car is probably not the wisest thing to do.

brimstone strike.gif

Yes, IBOP

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I cannot comment on breaking the law, other than to say taking the plates off the car is probably not the wisest thing to do.
Exactly. That's why I don't put them on in the first place.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Generally a strike is not ordered just for not having plates, you need first to commit a serious offense.

At least I have never been ordered to.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
They dont require plates out there in the territory of nuevo mexico right?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
They dont require plates out there in the territory of nuevo mexico right?
Well, they don't seem to be overly concerned with it. I've driven the little Daihatsu for a few years without a plate now (it's not registered, either).

Also, when finally getting a speeding ticket a while back, I had no plate on that car. Plus the insurance was for a different one (had just bought that car). And that was in Colorado.

As an added bonus, we have a crap load of specialty plates to chose from, and one in particular (the Patriot plate) is practically illegible. I have about eight of those, for somewhat obvious reasons.

Life is just simpler here in the actual Midwest.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I'd like to have a vehicle-borne system like the ones I maintained on various military aircraft. It would take in whatever signal it received and amplify it to 1 KW and send it back.

Can you imagine what would happen to the cop car radar when it got hit back with a 1 KW signal from several hundred feet or closer.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
I would like to be there and personally see it lol