Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Has my GT500 ruined it for others😎

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
The dog is trying to decide which wheel he's going to pee on.:D

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Elder in Tampa (purchased there) & Nick Nickolas in Inverness.
Car had not 1 or 2 or 3 warranties, but 5 (yes five) different warranties and no one would (or could) fix it. Ferd FE's were worse than useless, were clueless how to fix the car and just dragged things out.

Full buyback @ 10 months, 1200 miles, but I'll never get back the time I wasted on that turd & the ensuing clown show from Ferd, Roush & the POS Svc. Mgr @ Elder !
A roush? Would not take one if it was free. Way more hype than anything.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Charger sold and Redeye sold down to the Gold Rush TA up north.
You might wanna consider a name change...GT350GT500?

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
The answer is no. My Hellcat is the car that actually ruined all other cars for me…even my classic musclecar. Nothing else will ever be as satisfying to own and drive. Maybe your GT500 has ruined other cars just for you @ChargerChallenger?

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #25
The answer is no. My Hellcat is the car that actually ruined all other cars for me…even my classic musclecar. Nothing else will ever be as satisfying to own and drive. Maybe your GT500 has ruined other cars just for you @ChargerChallenger?
I think I have some credentials here being I have owned 4 Hellcats Charger and Challengers and the all the SRT prior Hellcats as well. And then add in all the 150 plus cars trucks SUVs....etc. The average person will not get to drive the GT500 so how can anyone here honestly say the GT500 in their opinion ain't so much. And for me I grew up Chevy and Mopar and did not like FORD.. Thought Ford was JUNK. And being a Forum member among all the Mopar Heads it is not a post to discredit the Hellcats since they are truly Bad Ass. But for me I love the change up of cars, trucks, Suvs....etc and will continue to enjoy all the ICE vehicles that come available to own and enjoy what make me smile.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #26
You might wanna consider a name change...GT350GT500?
I still have my eye on a Redeye Charger Widebody when the crazy ass market settles down.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
One of the best modern cars I've driven is the GT350. Very race-car like.

It's a bit too harsh (for me) to be my daily driver. Especially on these pock-marked roads. I need something more comfortable and roomier.

Just my 2 cents.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #28
One of the best modern cars I've driven is the GT350. Very race-car like.

It's a bit too harsh (for me) to be my daily driver. Especially on these pock-marked roads. I need something more comfortable and roomier.

Just my 2 cents.
Correct the Shelby products are Race Cars and that’s why I love them they just radiate the race track ready car. I would not own one as a daily driver total disservice to the Shelby product.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Correct the Shelby products are Race Cars and that’s why I love them they just radiate the race track ready car. I would not own one as a daily driver total disservice to the Shelby product.
Sounds like my viper.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
All you rich guys with your enormous car collections life problems...🥺🥺🥺

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
All you rich guys with your enormous car collections life problems...🥺🥺🥺
Enormously fun, yes. Only 2 for me right now. Viper and Demon.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I think it is pretty obvious that @ChargerChallenger has never been in a Hellcat with e85 :whistle:
For me to get the same power out of a gt500 it was a bit more money as I had to add intercoolers and a few other things to the build. Like all things fords cooling isn't a first thought.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #33
I think it is pretty obvious that @ChargerChallenger has never been in a Hellcat with e85 :whistle:
For me to get the same power out of a gt500 it was a bit more money as I had to add intercoolers and a few other things to the build. Like all things fords cooling isn't a first thought.
Straight line racing the Hellcats for sure over the Mustangs. Back roading not so much and that’s what I do more than and love the suspension set up and Rev matching which the Hellcats do not have like the GT500.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Straight line racing the Hellcats for sure over the Mustangs. Back roading not so much and that’s what I do more than and love the suspension set up and Rev matching which the Hellcats do not have like the GT500.
I guess when I feel like a lot of turning I hop on the bike. But I will say the biggest limitation to the hellcat is tires. As many have shown they can turn.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #35
I guess when I feel like a lot of turning I hop on the bike. But I will say the biggest limitation to the hellcat is tires. As many have shown they can turn.
Yes the right driver in Hellcat Widebody can for sure make her look really great but like anything it takes the driver to make the car what it is. And the GT500 has more of a Fun Factor with the Rev matching and exhaust note which you do not get out of the Hellcats.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #36
Here is a really nice video to watch and posted before. He’s in the GT500 forum and know him.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Yes the right driver in Hellcat Widebody can for sure make her look really great but like anything it takes the driver to make the car what it is. And the GT500 has more of a Fun Factor with the Rev matching and exhaust note which you do not get out of the Hellcats.
I'd like one of each. I think the Hellcat will be known as the muscle car of this era. It has been the car to beat since 2015. I think the "Shelby" name will always hold something special in the muscle car world. I'd like one of each. Maybe one day
Here is a really nice video to watch and posted before. He’s in the GT500 forum and know him.

I've talked with that guy before. He runs the gt500 forum.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I'm not one to push it through curves on back roads because of gravel and what ever else being it isn't a race track. I have known a few people doing that on bikes and not making it through the turn. I will never push a car on the street to notice something is better. My 13 mustang had bigger sway bars subframe connecters strut tower brace and I think my Hellcat handles just as good

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I'm not one to push it through curves on back roads because of gravel and what ever else being it isn't a race track. I have known a few people doing that on bikes and not making it through the turn. I will never push a car on the street to notice something is better. My 13 mustang had bigger sway bars subframe connecters strut tower brace and I think my Hellcat handles just as good
I've come around corners in the Yankee Springs - Gun Lake areas to wash outs and branches and trees down. I wasn't going slow either. Sometimes if there is a road I really want to put the hammer down I'll do a scouting pass.
Not sure if you have ever been down the wildwood road out there. That's my favorite on a bike.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Enormously fun, yes. Only 2 for me right now. Viper and Demon.
Only 2 for me but the po folk versions. Hellcat and Scat Pack...