Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Has my GT500 ruined it for others😎

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I've come around corners in the Yankee Springs - Gun Lake areas to wash outs and branches and trees down. I wasn't going slow either. Sometimes if there is a road I really want to put the hammer down I'll do a scouting pass.
Not sure if you have ever been down the wildwood road out there. That's my favorite on a bike.
Just M79. Also when the road is cold and there isn't any grip. I feel you can have fun but don't push it to the limit

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Not a lot of really twisty roads around here :( There are a lot of old, pokey drivers to contend with and the areas with the best curvy roads run thru the state forest areas and it's not uncommon to encounter large critters (mostly deer & wild hogs) which will definitely ruin your day !

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I save it for high speed closed courses. Then I let it rip. Like you all have said, there are too many variables and unknowns on the street to push to any limits. Always keep some in reserve! Have fun on the street twisters, but NEVER let it all hang out.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
One toke over the line. :eek:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I just reread your title. Why would your GT500 ruin things for me?

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Yes the right driver in Hellcat Widebody can for sure make her look really great but like anything it takes the driver to make the car what it is. And the GT500 has more of a Fun Factor with the Rev matching and exhaust note which you do not get out of the Hellcats.
I loved my exhaust on the Hellcat and it had rev matching too. Is the rev matching different in the Shelby?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Agree, my exhaust is great the way it is. I think the Ferds have too much volume for their respective performance. My Redeye and my Hellcat all rev match GREAT, but a person needs to use the TRACK Transmission setting to realize it.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #48
I loved my exhaust on the Hellcat and it had rev matching too. Is the rev matching different in the Shelby?
Yes it is different and that’s what makes the Rev Matching so much fun. The Hellcats Rev match but not even close to the Mustangs. Wish they did but I owned them and I know. Simeon can post up a video just like me showing their Hellcat do the same thing. I tried that if you look back 2 years ago comparing my Redeye to the GT500 video. And remember the Gt500 has a DCT Transmission which that makes a huge difference as well. The Rev marching gives you so much more instant power to gear input with the DCT.

Last edited:

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
The torque converter has a lot to do with rev matching. If the converter clutch is locked, you will get it. If the converter is multiplication mode, you won't.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yes it is different and that’s what makes the Rev Matching so much fun. The Hellcats Rev match but not even close to the Mustangs. Wish they did but I owned them and I know. Simeon can post up a video just like me showing their Hellcat do the same thing. I tried that if you look back 2 years ago comparing my Redeye to the GT500 video. And remember the Gt500 has a DCT Transmission which that makes a huge difference as well. The Rev marching gives you so much more instant power to gear input with the DCT.
Here is a Cat on the BIR short course. Let’s hear the Ferd.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
My Charger does it all the time in sport mode. That's why I run it on the street. It's badass.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #52

The Hellcats are the most dominate in the Supercharger Whine and not so much the exhaust. And honestly I am huge Mopar guy but at the same time the GT500 has more exhaust note and not so much Supercharger Whine to the point you can't even hear it that much.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #53

I am really wanting to see your Spring Video being you are getting her all ready and hope she has all the bugs out.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #54
The GT500 is in the Sport Mode the whole time I drive her and the Exhaust is set for Track. The Hellcats do not offer different exhaust notes like the Mustangs. MyGT500 has Normal, Sport and Track or quiet. That is a really nice feature. The Mustang has a memory seat option and the Windows are auto roll up. The Manual Mustang has a parking break lever next to the shifter. Mustang has Performance option for the Dash Digital display or old school display. The GT500 has rev matching option setting off or on. The Challenger manual has a push brake pedal. Meaning 4 pedals at your feet. No Auto Window up, no memory seat, no exhaust options, no Rev Matching feature. Yeh no hate its more about Dodge running off the same thing for how many years and they could offer more but they don't. Some will say who cares but for me having options are really nice features. Recaro seats are an option as well if your truly tracking. Dodge IMO is not stepping up to the plate and is just riding off the platform and options till the end. And yeh I know their are some cool track options on the Chiller and intercooler is better etc. But if we all only focus on one thing how do we know and the ICE Age Hellcat is BYE BYE since the European Flair is gonna stuff an Electric Box on us next. And yeh will it be wicked fast uh huh and all wheel drive uh huh.....etc. Ford is not giving up on the ICE and they haven't sold out to the Fags overseas.

Last edited:

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
i guess when a redeye is beating a gt500 beating me in a race I’d at least be able to tell myself I have memory seats 😊 I think most are more than pleased with the hellcat exhaust note. No matter the mode it’ll give you the “track” note at WOT. As I’ve said before it took 5 years for ford to beat the hellcat. The redeye well that’s just preference straight line the redeye takes it. People can say what they want but the hellcat/redeye is not total garbage in turns.
dodge did the hellcat demon and redeye all before the gt500 even came out. Ford was late to the game. Even the zl1 advanced in that time frame. Are we all ready for something new from dodge yes we are. But the hellcat was ahead of its time.
a lot of people I have talked to who left the hellcat or redeye and went gt500 actually miss the dodge platform. You are actually one of the few people I know who say they like the gt500 for day to day to use. If you are flying threw corners sure they gt500 is probabaly a little better.
I guess long story short memory seats aren’t a reason for me to buy a car at this level. As far as exhaust dodge does a really good job with the exhaust. Sure ford you can set the modes separately but in all the modes dodge will give you the valves open at wot. To be honest going down the road why would you want the drone ??

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
My car has memory seats, steering wheel and mirrors.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Maybe I do to never taken the time to see.
seems like everything @ChargerChallenger has advocated for dodge offers too. No recaro seats but those aren’t great anyway.
maybe he needs to try another one and see if his mind changes.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
The Hellcats are the most dominate in the Supercharger Whine and not so much the exhaust. And honestly I am huge Mopar guy but at the same time the GT500 has more exhaust note and not so much Supercharger Whine to the point you can't even hear it that much.
I’ll agree, the Mustangs are more loud. For me, I like the exhaust note and volume of the Redeye. Got one of them also, this was with a plugged converter, I think it is louder now...

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
…heated rear seat and auto up or down front passenger window. Some even have hot and cold cup holders and still run well in the 10’s @vortecd!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I am really wanting to see your Spring Video being you are getting her all ready and hope she has all the bugs out.
I think she is good. If April 25 is a nice day in Central MN, we will know.