Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellion Twin Turbo kit…..going from Maggie 2650 to turbos…..

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
@hellno - I’m not completely in the know, but who converted after proving their abilities with the blower first? I’ve seen a couple turboCats, but not from anyone I would expect to go fast. @FFBOS has the experience and dedication to make it work, and push it.
As mentioned earlier, this is going to solve the problem the fast blower guys have of having to pull so much out to get to the 60’ so they’re not hitting it too hard and then laying into it after a few feet. I think dialing this in with the turbos is the ticket to putting some power down in the 1/8… and then of course just hauling like a damn freight train for the last 660’…
With the cooling he will have onboard these turbos will run super cool and efficient. I had a water to air intercooler on my Cobra and it ran great.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Stock A8 for now.

Dave, the hardest part is going to be getting the launch to hit like it does now, but in a less aggressive way. If I can mirror 1.3x 60’s, it’s going to boogie. I have a demon converter (forgot what it stalls to), but I may have to go a little bigger if we can’t get the two-step to handle it for me. I’d hope to build a couple psi off the foot brake, but at least 6-7psi with the twostep. That would give it the “low timing” like launch it has now, but with a more killer top end.
It will take an upgraded drivetrain and a 400 to make it happen IMO

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I think another area of importance is to go with more weight reduction. You gotta knock some extra heft outta the car. The weight with all the power just wears the parts out faster and breaks them just as fast.

at least you won’t be shocking the drivetrain as harsh as the blower car but knowing you, your gonna give this thing some serious power, and it’s gonna need it to pick up the mph on the top end.

transmission is going to go south fast, make sure to have a spare.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
@hellno - have a backup ready for our boy… haha. He is going to need your magic to break some records.

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #25
Is the thought behind the TH400 because of the trans brake? I have no desire to ever put on in the car, especially with how the 8HP90’s perform. I’ll drive this one until it slips, then I’ll upgrade it, but the rest of the driveline is good to go.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
From most of the turbo challengers and charges I’ve seen, they end up with a 400

the stock trans don’t last for the long run. And once your spending money, what’s the difference. That’s the thing with the rabbit hole that you know so well.

another question is are you planning on still street driving the car or going dedicated track?

I can understand the want of the stock trans for street driving still.

your so damn close to just buying another Hellcat or hell, just a base v6 salvage title and turning it into a drag car and turbo the car

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Is the thought behind the TH400 because of the trans brake? I have no desire to ever put on in the car, especially with how the 8HP90’s perform. I’ll drive this one until it slips, then I’ll upgrade it, but the rest of the driveline is good to go.
I guess in your case your plan is probably fine , but if you raced the car consistently you’d want that transbrake to get you off the line and also that 400 with a good stall to get them turbos spooled up , reason is that if you raced and you cant cut decent 60 fts ( 1.3 or better) then the other cars will get out on you and believe me it isn’t easy to catch them if they get a couple on you because there’s not enough time in the 1/4 (even less in the 1/8 ) to get by them

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #28
From most of the turbo challengers and charges I’ve seen, they end up with a 400

the stock trans don’t last for the long run. And once your spending money, what’s the difference. That’s the thing with the rabbit hole that you know so well.

another question is are you planning on still street driving the car or going dedicated track?

I can understand the want of the stock trans for street driving still.

your so damn close to just buying another Hellcat or hell, just a base v6 salvage title and turning it into a drag car and turbo the car
Street driven primarily with a couple trips to the track a year. It will run on similar power that I have now, but will be easier on the drivetrain I believe. I do plan to run higher occasionally, but probably only at the track on ignite e90.

These 8 speeds are in the 8’s in big weight cars on a regular basis now.

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #29
I guess in your case your plan is probably fine , but if you raced the car consistently you’d want that transbrake to get you off the line and also that 400 with a good stall to get them turbos spooled up , reason is that if you raced and you cant cut decent 60 fts ( 1.3 or better) then the other cars will get out on you and believe me it isn’t easy to catch them if they get a couple on you because there’s not enough time in the 1/4 (even less in the 1/8 ) to get by them
Yes. Mirroring those 60’s is the real T&T part of it all. Jeremy’s co-worker/customer has a TT car that they are working on. Getting the “too much / too little” just right takes testing.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
or hell, just a base v6 salvage title and turning it into a drag car and turbo the car
Totally agree, but talking about going down a rabbit hole, let's not go down that one. We already had a thread on here along time ago on that very thing (I was on your side of the fence on this one). But guys were all up in arms that then.... IT WOULDN'T BE A HELLCAT!

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
It will take an upgraded drivetrain IMO
Solid axel four link ?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Totally agree, but talking about going down a rabbit hole, let's not go down that one. We already had a thread on here along time ago on that very thing (I was on your side of the fence on this one). But guys were all up in arms that then.... IT WOULDN'T BE A HELLCAT!
Heck if we are talking lighter I'm all in with a fox body transplant. See enough with chevy engines in them. Stock hellcat engine in a 3300 lbs car would be in the 9's let alone a full built one

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #33
Solid axel four link ?
Not needed with all these cars running 8’s effortlessly.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Not needed with all these cars running 8’s effortlessly.
8’s are not effortless. No way I believe that

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
8’s are not effortless. No way I believe that
I just make it look effortlessly 😁

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I just make it look effortlessly 😁
my ass. I know how long you’ve been trying

haha

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
my ass. I know how long you’ve been trying

haha
I’ve ran 8s all ihi 2.4 without nitrous stock engine 😂 I’d say that’s effortlessly

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Effortlessly, cute... I'm throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks just to hit 9's....

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #39
8’s is the new 9’s for the big power cats. A good 60’ and enough power it’s happening. Tune and tuner support obviously as well.

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL