Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I wonder if the GT500 guys we will wish they purchased this instead....Hmmmm C8 Corvette is here Wow!

Is the new C8 Corvette the better purchase versus the new GT500

• Total voters

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Spring is in the Air and with the new C8 becoming available before the first bloom this is exciting times ahead. And for many new GT500 owners will they possibly regret they purchased the wrong car:unsure:.

https://www.autoweek.com/drives/a31068684/the-new-midengine-corvette-is-an-absolute-blast-to-drive/
I don't see there being a wrong choice here...its just a choice..GT500 will be a handful for RE's when dialed in...drive a new C8 for 20 mins..and you will get it...(you really need to drive it)...both impressive in their own right...unfortunately my wife only gave me enough money to buy one...My C8 is built..and in quality control..and should be here in 2 to 3 wks..(I would never give my Cats up for either..ever)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I don't see there being a wrong choice here...its just a choice..GT500 will be a handful for RE's when dialed in...drive a new C8 for 20 mins..and you will get it...(you really need to drive it)...both impressive in their own right...unfortunately my wife only gave me enough money to buy one...My C8 is built..and in quality control..and should be here in 2 to 3 wks..(I would never give my Cats up for either..ever)
Now if I was married to Charger Challengers wife...I would have both...

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
At 5"8.5"....but I do fit in every cool car on the planet...
And women's shoes. ;)

I tease, I tease. I kid, I kid.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
And women's shoes. ;)

I tease, I tease. I kid, I kid.
LMAO...now that was funny....

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Don't hate Bull, people can say what they want about GM, but they've always known how to build amazing engines.
I don;t feel like they have built anything better than what Dodge has been putting out for the past 15 years. Is it just me?

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
I don;t feel like they have built anything better than what Dodge has been putting out for the past 15 years. Is it just me?
No, not really - the cars are built to purpose and refined over time (the early SRTs look and function like trash by comparison to a 2019/20). The problem is everyone gets wrapped up in the numbers and forgets that they actually have to live with the fucking thing. 95% of people who buy these super-dee-duper cars never use them as intended (at the limit) so it is just a dick measuring paper exercise at the local drive-in just to say: they have it and the car can do it (on paper) but they personally never have or will. Personal preferences understood, but get real goof.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I actually hit my head walking into a parking garage a while back. That shit hurts!
I know there are a few parking garages in downtown Chicago that you wouldn't fit in

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The LSx platform has been phenomenal for GM for over almost two decades. Just because GM isn't chasing the highest HP doesn't mean their engines aren't superbly engineered and designed. Just look at many of the fastest cars at the drag strip short of top fuel or funny car, many are running some variant of a LSx engine.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
The LSx platform has been phenomenal for GM for over almost two decades. Just because GM isn't chasing the highest HP doesn't mean their engines aren't superbly engineered and designed. Just look at many of the fastest cars at the drag strip short of top fuel or funny car, many are running some variant of a LSx engine.
Is that because it is the best or by far the cheapest?

I remember back in 2006 I bought a brand new 300C SRT8 and beat all the new GTOs and CTS-Vs with it in my area, much to all their surprise. So many modded LS1 F-bodies back then too that took a beating.

I remember hurting a lot more feelings though in my brand new stock Scat Pack Challenger, got it right when they came out and the only NA car I ever lost to in it was a C6 Z06 Corvette, that I was actually ahead on at the 1/8 mile but he drove around me in the 1/4.

Gimme a modern Hemi any day. ;)

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Is that because it is the best or by far the cheapest?

I remember back in 2006 I bought a brand new 300C SRT8 and beat all the new GTOs and CTS-Vs with it in my area, much to all their surprise. So many modded LS1 F-bodies back then too that took a beating.

I remember hurting a lot more feelings though in my brand new stock Scat Pack Challenger, got it right when they came out and the only NA car I ever lost to in it was a C6 Z06 Corvette, that I was actually ahead on at the 1/8 mile but he drove around me in the 1/4.

Gimme a modern Hemi any day. ;)
Being cheap creates a lower cost of entry.
More people being in that pool means more people will buy products.

But this isn't just a LSX thing. Go to a drag strip. 80% or more of the cars are GM. Whether its a first gen Camaro or 3rd gen Camaro or Chevelle, or G Body etc. GM's normally dominate the car count at the track.

And if not a GM car, at least GM powered. (although most will probably have a ford rear end)

Dodge/SRT likes producing cars from the factory that are what Ford and GM guys build on the weekend.
When the Coyote with IRS came out in 2015, Ford had a video of a GT with its Ford Performance suspension kit and supercharger and running high 10s at the strip. Was it a Hellcat? No. But with Ford Performance parts, you could build your own and still have a warranty (to some degree).

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle

Recommendation: straight pipes. Excellent. The no (easy) burnout thing is pretty weak.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Recommendation: straight pipes. Excellent. The no (easy) burnout thing is pretty weak.

Thoughts:

• From a purely performance standpoint, thumbs up
  • Interior: fail
  • Faux exhaust sounds through radio: FAIL
  • Views of car from front, front quarters, sides, Ok/Good
  • View from rear: PUKE [vommit]

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
At 5"8.5"....I can walk under a volley ball net..and not hit my head...but I do fit in every cool car on the planet...
God I hate flying! Why is it the shortest guy on the airplane is in the emergency exit every freaking time?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thoughts:

• From a purely performance standpoint, thumbs up
  • Interior: fail
  • Faux exhaust sounds through radio: FAIL
  • Views of car from front, front quarters, sides, Ok/Good
  • View from rear: PUKE [vommit]
How do you not like that interior....

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
God I hate flying! Why is it the shortest guy on the airplane is in the emergency exit every freaking time?
He shouldn't be...after all...he has the farthest to fall

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It wasn't even a question.
It wasn't even a question.
And that's not even an answer...Sit in one...drive one...,and as long as your under 6'6"..you will find everything works quite well....the layout..fit.. finish...and color selections available are head and shoulders above other mid engine offerings at 3 times the price...its the easiest corvette to get in and out of since 54..and you give it failing grade??? some professor you are..

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I like the C8 interior other than that great wall they built between the driver and passenger.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
And that's not even an answer...Sit in one...drive one...,and as long as your under 6'6"..you will find everything works quite well....the layout..fit.. finish...and color selections available are head and shoulders above other mid engine offerings at 3 times the price...its the easiest corvette to get in and out of since 54..and you give it failing grade??? some professor you are..

Fine, if I get a chance, I'll sit in one.

But I'll tell them to send you the bill to clean it in case I can't keep my lunch down.

:p

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
The factory option NPP (performance) exhaust that came stock on my Gen 6 Camaro sounds pretty damn good.
I had that same exhaust on my '18 2SS and it sounded awesome in the right mode. I didn't see a need to change it.