Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Incoming Stage 4 Package, Weld and MT!

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #41
You got that backwards.

Widebody aside...charger has more room than challenger.
thanks for the clarification. I will go with the 315/50 and take some pictures and share with the group. <cross fingers, if this will work!>

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #42
Today was a mix-bag of updates on the build.......

Mod parts will be in next week and hopefully get into the shop next two weeks. Thus upgrading hp and tuning.

Weld S79 wheels, not so good...8 to 10 weeks lead time. One day this build will be completed. The only thing to do...deep breath! lol

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Looks like a stage 3 build. But I guess stage 4 sounds faster and pricier.

I would go ahead and give you this advice based on what I’ve read from your posts so far.

- you are excited. That’s awesome. The car is going to be amazing. And it will be really really fast.

- you haven’t got this all thought out perfectly, your letting others guide your decision. Not horrible, you have good people guiding you from what I see.

- unless you have a pretty experienced drag racing background, 8’s aren’t coming for a while.

- you got some good money in this build. And just to help out with what I know, you need to stuff about 10-20k more on top of this build and be prepared to spend it. It’s not a matter of if, it’s when. Hopefully everything is perfect, that includes you in how you handle the car.

- good luck and have fun, things are gonna get rowdy just don’t be a knucklehead. Respect the car. Or it will go boom and you will be paying Curts and others mortgage for the year.

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #44
Looks like a stage 3 build. But I guess stage 4 sounds faster and pricier.

I would go ahead and give you this advice based on what I’ve read from your posts so far.

- you are excited. That’s awesome. The car is going to be amazing. And it will be really really fast.

- you haven’t got this all thought out perfectly, your letting others guide your decision. Not horrible, you have good people guiding you from what I see.

- unless you have a pretty experienced drag racing background, 8’s aren’t coming for a while.

- you got some good money in this build. And just to help out with what I know, you need to stuff about 10-20k more on top of this build and be prepared to spend it. It’s not a matter of if, it’s when. Hopefully everything is perfect, that includes you in how you handle the car.

- good luck and have fun, things are gonna get rowdy just don’t be a knucklehead. Respect the car. Or it will go boom and you will be paying Curts and others mortgage for the year.
Thank you for the advice WhipCat. Really do appreciate the feedback.
One of the main reasons why I post on the forums is to get everyone's feedback and perspective.

A great lesson I learned years ago; always listen to the people that agree with you...but value the people providing a different perspective or totally disagreeing with you.

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
You need 315/50/17 for that power level. 15 minutes of hammering each wheel well with a 4lb hammer and you are good to go. I recommend spray painting the bare metal after hammering obviously. If you don't pin the liner back when you are done, the tires will rub a little hole in them. The other option is to run a 3mm spacer when you are done hammering. I wouldn't run anymore on a car at that power level.

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #46
Star Date Log, Day 5 in my withdraws.....hellcat still in the shop

The car will be fully modified tomorrow, thus all the parts arrived and installed on the car.

BUT...we did not schedule the tuning and NOW have to wait and get on the schedule........<palm to face!>

Tuning scheduled for Tuesday morning at 9:00am.

Can not wait to get my car back and start racing again!

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #47
Star Date Log: Day 9 in my journey of withdraws....

Car was supposed to be ready on Tuesday, but got a call yesterday...
They bent the pins on my PCM and now the car will not be ready until Wednesday....

Anyone have a cure from HWS...... Hellcat Withdrawal Syndrome?

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #48
HOLY SMOKES...the wait is over with. Got the cat back tonight.

Allpar Garage and Dusterhoff Tuning did an outstanding job!!!
Could not be happier with the build and the results. If you live in Atlanta or surrounding areas...you will not be disappointed.

Just one small drawback but NOT a huge issue. Will need to dyno the car again. Allpar's dyno is being built and the pit and garage space looks great.
We took the car to another shop and appreciate them for allowing us to use their dyno. The cat was a monster and at the top end, the dyno would error out. Not a big deal. We got 5 full pulls in, data logs collected.

The dyno's screen would cut off at 862whp, but we think it is either right at or a little over 900whp.

Sorry no final numbers to show at this time.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
The reason the screen cut off is because it could tell you were slower then me 😂😂

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #50
LOL! It cut off because I am NOT showing you the numbers.

You would not sleep at night and you would put a third mortgage on your house and buying whp upgrades. haha!

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #51
Btw, I did ask Curt for a tune to beat you.

He said we had comparable cars and it would come down to a driver's race.

So you will win. :devilish:

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country