Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Just a thought as a new guy,

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Why are we defending our reason(s) for buying a Hellcat over a Scatpack on HellcatForum.org. in the first place??

Not that I get why anyone would start a thread here stating that the Scatpack is a better choice, either, but that's just another one of many things I don't understand.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
...Lots of talk about nothing but problems. What should I expect to go wrong just leaving it alone?
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I guess I really do not understand your post? What do you mean by what should you expect to go wrong just leaving it alone? It does not make any sense...and there is not “lots of talk about nothing but problems” on any of these forums? Maybe you are second guessing yourself for not getting a more powerful car? You just don’t know what you are missing!

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I just bought the RE. Why? Because I can. That's not a macho throwdown. I'm fifty four and in good shape. Have no kids. Me and my wife both work. When am I gonna do this? When I'm eighty? This car has already shown me it handles, rides, and stops way better than my mint blown 6.1 SRT with 12,000 miles and in new condition. That's also a 600HP car (Ahead of the 485 scat). The RE is not even broken in yet and when I breathed on it, it showed me something. These car's are finished. This is the last grand stand for the all powerful, no electric assist ICE. I know all this and still bought it. Am I sorry. Not in the least.
Not to be cocky, but seriously you must never have driven one or you would have never started this thread. 20K is a bargain to get the step up in performance where these cars are at.

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
It all starts with"I need a few more ponies" and the next thing you know you're crawling out of a bottle of nitrous...

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I just bought the RE. Why? Because I can. That's not a macho throwdown. I'm fifty four and in good shape. Have no kids. Me and my wife both work. When am I gonna do this? When I'm eighty? This car has already shown me it handles, rides, and stops way better than my mint blown 6.1 SRT with 12,000 miles and in new condition. That's also a 600HP car (Ahead of the 485 scat). The RE is not even broken in yet and when I breathed on it, it showed me something. These car's are finished. This is the last grand stand for the all powerful, no electric assist ICE. I know all this and still bought it. Am I sorry. Not in the least.
Not to be cocky, but seriously you must never have driven one or you would have never started this thread. 20K is a bargain to get the step up in performance where these cars are at.
I threw 20k to the wind essentially trading up to the 19 charger hellcat from my 17 Srt 392. I did put 28.5k miles on her. Was it kind of a stupid waste of money taking a loss like that on a trade? Yes.. was it worth it? 120%. Do I work my ass off every single day? Yes.. so you gotta do firstly what your wallet allows you. But secondly if you make a decent buck and don’t have a bunch of overhead/tons of misc. expenses. Hells yeah get the kitty. Once your a part of the community for awhilezzz.. you get it! I mean sure it’s cool as heck guys DIY there 6.1 and 5.7 and 6.4 SRTs. But I don’t really have a lot of skill with mechanics other than the basics. I’m just an average fellow that’s been leveraged to the cat from the 392 over time.. the cat is just badass. It’s excessive but so suddle and stealthy amongst cars it can run with. It screams me! Haha just like It screams for so many other members. The last car that really screamed me before I had the 392 and cat was a 2006 400hp M6 GTO we had. Loved that car for a while. We had a C5 lemans blue vette I liked. But it wasn’t like the GTO and definitely nothing like the 392 or kitty in stock forms. The vette was sleek and pretty quick. But I’ve always aspired to modern muscle! Since I was a kid.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I ordered/owned one of these in Gunmetal Blue ! There were 2 different wheels they came with, the 'pizza pan' wheels pictured here & some that just had larger holes around the rim.
Mine arrived with the crappy looking pizza wheels, but I convinced the dealer to switch them out with one he had on the lot.

Given the B-O-R-I-N-G offerings from most other co's in the mid 80's, these were pretty cool, relatively quick and fun to drive.
I still regret having to sell it off when I moved from MI to FL :(
The one I was looking at that day was a white Daytona Turbo Z with that maroon or cranberry color interior. To make matters worse, it was sitting on one flat tire. My wife saw that and that's when she started laughing. She asked me if I honestly wanted that car considering the Cuda I had and the 5.0 Mustang that she had. She did say that she would be onboard with me getting a 5.0, but at the time, I really needed a truck. My Cuda was great for cruising around the streets and when I lived on base, but once I had to sit on the 55/91 freeways in rush hour traffic everyday, it became a bit much. I did wind up buying a truck that night.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
The OP disappeared. Not sure what his agenda was?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Yeah, not sure either, but we all have our reasons for buying what we did. It fit our needs/wants and filled in one whole level of Mazlow's hierarchy of needs on the horsepower triangle.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The one I was looking at that day was a white Daytona Turbo Z with that maroon or cranberry color interior. To make matters worse, it was sitting on one flat tire. My wife saw that and that's when she started laughing. She asked me if I honestly wanted that car considering the Cuda I had and the 5.0 Mustang that she had. She did say that she would be onboard with me getting a 5.0, but at the time, I really needed a truck. My Cuda was great for cruising around the streets and when I lived on base, but once I had to sit on the 55/91 freeways in rush hour traffic everyday, it became a bit much. I did wind up buying a truck that night.
LOL, that cranberry interior was a bit much. Mine has a dark grey & white pattern, very much like the houndstooth they are using now.
I didn't like all the 'Z' cladding (too Pontiac for me) & just orderd a loaded Daytona Turbo with the base decklid wing & the black Turbo lower door stripe.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
It all starts with"I need a few more ponies" and the next thing you know you're crawling out of a bottle of nitrous...
oh....you mean like this....

giphy (4).gif

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
In 1986, I was looking for a new Dodge pickup to buy. My wife at the time had a 5.0 Mustang 5 spd., and I still had my big block Cuda. While we were at the dealership, I noticed a car there that caught my eye, so I started to look at it to see what it was all about. When my wife saw it, she started laughing, and told me that if I bought that 'POS" that I'd have to park it down around the corner and not in front of the house.
This is what she was talking about:

View attachment 9296
MY GOD,,,MY GOD,,That car was just so so WRONG

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
LOL, that cranberry interior was a bit much. Mine has a dark grey & white pattern, very much like the houndstooth they are using now.
I didn't like all the 'Z' cladding (too Pontiac for me) & just orderd a loaded Daytona Turbo with the base decklid wing & the black Turbo lower door stripe.
That plaid interior looks like PEE WEE hermans suits stitched togather

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
MY GOD,,,MY GOD,,That car was just so so WRONG
Yeah, that's what she told me. She said it looked like some sort of toy car. For a long time after, it was a joke she'd bring up from time to time, especially when we were at the car hangout spot......in front of other people.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You deserve some sort of bonus points for admitting that.
Kinda makes Hickster look sane in comparison.
Whoa...hold on a minute here...nobody that ever walked the face of this earth makes Hickster look sane...not Hitler..not Jeffery Dommer..not..Idi Amin...not even Nancy Pelosi ...strange things happen up in those southern back Hills...My guess...his brother..is really his father..and his sister is really his mother...what can there be...maybe 2 or 3 strands of DNA..in the whole town…..(man I hope this don't get me sent up)..lol

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yeah, that's what she told me. She said it looked like some sort of toy car. For a long time after, it was a joke she'd bring up from time to time, especially when we were at the car hangout spot......in front of other people.
I hope you let her buy all your clothes for you..lol

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Just more cousins.. Hey a couple of your sisters wouod be good. I am not telling a story or nuttin, but. Back in Chattanooga, away from high school. Take a mi nu min u et tw0 figure this out. Butt, I was dating this gal name Fay, how the name??, She had 3 cousins all lived together with mom and dad whom were divorced, Tennessee, very nice 3 story house. Faye cousins name was Gay, Tenn thang, then the other 2 sisters women were Faye and Gays cousins. Well then there was mom that looked 32 at the age of 45. She looked better than the daughters and let me tell ya they all looked great. Cheerleaders and the majorettes. I don't know how this turned into a 3 day monkey fest, but you figure it out. A bit of pot, caine, alcohol, MDA, and whom knows whatother back in the 70's, Can't tell rest, but I go my $260 1979 Harley jacket back by doing another favor from mom to receive it the day before I left for Fla to get it from 1 of her daughters.
It is in the book. 1 whole chapter devised to this 3 day fore zay. Never fer get it, but I got the jacket the wife bought me. Enough said. I can't even proof read this.
What would we do without you hick...lol

OP
Designflaw

Designflaw

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sadieville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 WB M6 Cat
Thread Starter #58
Didn't go any where, just watching the responses and the wide range of opinions of what I was asking.
I wasn't questioning anyone's purchase of the car itself and no regrets for mine as I intend to move to a RE WB in a year or two, but more of Dodge made steps all the way to 840hp, I was simply asking why you picked the car you did and then spend lots of money on the motor etc...
I see lots of posts "How do I make my SXT faster or louder" "looking for Demon SC and injectors" "How do I put a HC engine in my Scat" etc...
The 2nd part probably could of been its own question, what are some common problems ro keep an eye out for, I saw things about water pumps, oil leaks, spindle comments, stereo/ nav issues.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I was simply asking why you picked the car you did and then spend lots of money on the motor etc...

...what are some common problems ro keep an eye out for
I buy the PUP 0W/40 on sale, usually, and even the SRT filters are cheap, so maybe $60 per year spent on the engine. So far.

My most common problem is avoiding speeding tickets, meaning that keeping an eye out for cops is essential.

Other than that, I put gas in it and go fast. Simple as that. Except when there's snow on the ground. Then my UHP summer tires takes me nowhere.

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
I looked hard at adding a supercharger to my Scat and by the time it was done right I would lose my ass to the tune of just short of buying a used Hellcat and losing my warranty and the value in my car.
Going to end up with two cars both with warranty.
Scat and cat.