Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Keep an eye out for this upgrade to your 6.2, tuning w/o voiding warranty... WTF!

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Actually it hardly went with any complaints. It was running well without any note of impending doom. I was actually enjoying running it in clean air with the OEM wheels/tires, and was thinking I unlocked some magic combo of good. At about the forty second mark on the lap timer, it simply loses power. The SC blades ate themselves and gently sprayed nice fairy alloy sprinkles into the engine until everyone can hear that it stops. Watch the accelerator indicator as I tried once to the floor close to the turn, just to verify its death. Right.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I, beez Daaz, myself and, I,, have tuned my vetts, mo not her. The cat's vetts. Mine out of the gutta they saaa in Neouzz sayz in Neeewwz York City. My Cored Vetts. Myself and snot two hard two dooz. But the snottin A/C Rad ee ator groin to beez a whooopper of a differnt coller. The refrigerant 34 AAAA is groin to be a mouse of a different coooler. Colder upper upster north but down hea with crap a chena no we don't care. A mere 54 in Fla da. Cold. Heta turned on, small onez. Hurtz two do soz.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
837, 838, 840 WTF among friends, close. Let’s see if this is not some conservative number under the proverbial 840 hp high octane Demon Tune. Interesting it takes a Demon 100 octane to do this, but a potential tune for a RE is the same on “pump” gas.
View attachment 61996
837 with a pulley on regular gas, I mean that's hardly more than stock, with the potential to actually perform worse like @Speedy! was stating, this package is not looking like a good choice and certainly not a good value to me. A pulley/tune with a flex fuel reader done by Barth or Dusteroff seems like a much better choice. My car performs so well stock I'm tempted to just leave it alone as I purchased an extended warranty/service plan and it's my daily driver too.

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
Quick question about the redeye stage 2 - I thought the Demon/Redeye SC was pretty much at max thermal efficiency with the stock pulley and a smaller pulley would create more heat than it would be worth. Unless I'm misremembering something. I know this was my thinking of possibly going E85/Flex with the stock pulley - but even in those packages I'm seeing a smaller pulley... so I guess I'm confused.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Quick question about the redeye stage 2 - I thought the Demon/Redeye SC was pretty much at max thermal efficiency with the stock pulley and a smaller pulley would create more heat than it would be worth. Unless I'm misremembering something. I know this was my thinking of possibly going E85/Flex with the stock pulley - but even in those packages I'm seeing a smaller pulley... so I guess I'm confused.
2.85 is typically the smallest upper you want to run on a redeye blower. Some have done 2.75.
You can make a lot of power on a stock redeye with e85 and/or a flex tune.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
We will certainly find out, March is roll out time as I recall. If it goes as scheduled then add a month or two for accurate feed back on performance, not just the net HP gain but also the the classic HICKUP Problem. That is what will probably motivate some here including myself to either factory tune, or have it tuned by a known reputable shop that gives known results and is proven to work. It will most certainly play a factor in my decisions. I don’t expect a magic bullet, nor do I expect to shell out good money for something that is just glitter and fairy dust that could be used on a proven tune. We shall find out shortly unless the roll out date gets pushed out further.

Last edited:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
So the official video is saying RE stage 1 will net 840hp on 100 octane. I was hoping 93 would do it. I’ll prob skip the whole thing now.
Edit: if it even just cures the hiccup on 93 I’m in lol.

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
2.85 is typically the smallest upper you want to run on a redeye blower. Some have done 2.75.
You can make a lot of power on a stock redeye with e85 and/or a flex tune.
Thanks! I appreciate the explanation!

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Well Dodge will try to make every possible last dollar off of this platform is what it seems like to me :)

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I do remember topics regarding this, not sure may have been at other site, you are correct in your thinking with the thermal efficiency, and being detrimental to the engine if not controlled like pulling timing, typically the first thing done when when STK is picked up. This is all directly related to the IAT, and the blower speed causing more heat. As far as the E85 fuel, it adds a substantial cooling effect allowing more boost without the dreaded knock. As speedy said even enough STK over a long enough time may be enough nails to seal the coffin shut, vrs serious LTK, if bad enough may get near instantaneous game over result. This is how I view it please correct me if wrong thanks.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I do remember topics regarding this, not sure may have been at other site, you are correct in your thinking with the thermal efficiency, and being detrimental to the engine if not controlled like pulling timing, typically the first thing done when when STK is picked up. This is all directly related to the IAT, and the blower speed causing more heat. As far as the E85 fuel, it adds a substantial cooling effect allowing more boost without the dreaded knock. As speedy said even enough STK over a long enough time may be enough nails to seal the coffin shut, vrs serious LTK, if bad enough may get near instantaneous game over result. This is how I view it please correct me if wrong thanks.
E85 will not lower blower temps.
You can tune IAT to pull timing however you'd like.
E85 helps with knock because it is a much higher octane than 93. If you run 93 on a redeye or a hellcat and pulley down you will have to pull timing but the gain is still significantly higher than the timing you pull. I can guarantee you if you pulley down on your redeye you will make tons more power than just a tune only.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Well Dodge will try to make every possible last dollar off of this platform is what it seems like to me :)
I would say you are right, power dollars ended, and actually seems to have damn near inverted, Like 10 dollars more for each HP. Can’t say I actually blame them they are a business. If they can get the $ why not, I just don’t want to be part of that Game. But if they get to greedy and enough negative publicity results that could bite them on the ass. I look at it as a golden goose for them just don’t squeeze it to hard. The R&D is paid for its self, and it’s a very old but successful platform. Me thinks they have reached price point that’s not appealing. Put some more meat on the bone like Hellaphant, or 2022 car with factory Stage 3 that has a lot of grunt and no hickup and my wallet comes back out immediately

Last edited:

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
E85 will not lower blower temps.
You can tune IAT to pull timing however you'd like.
E85 helps with knock because it is a much higher octane than 93. If you run 93 on a redeye or a hellcat and pulley down you will have to pull timing but the gain is still significantly higher than the timing you pull. I can guarantee you if you pulley down on your redeye you will make tons more power than just a tune only.
Thought 30- 40 % more fuel had cooling effect, guess I was wrong.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I think HPIndy posted data on the thermal efficiency of the 2.4 and 2.7 blowers. I don't remember on the 2.7 but on the 2.4 the 2.72 pulley was right at the edge of efficiency so I'd think the 2.7 would have some room left as well. 2.85 is the smallest most recommend on the 2.7 blower due to the weight of the rotor pack. Seems they are less forgiving than the 2.4 and tend to eat themselves if spun too fast. It's a 2.7L blower though so you don't need as much pulley to make power so it's a give and take. I'd be more worried about what fuel I could run than how small a pulley to put on the 2.7. 2.7 blower makes 16.5psi of boost on a 3.1 pulley, so a 2.85 is probably close to 20psi and too much for pump gasoline.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thought 30- 40 % more fuel had cooling effect, guess I was wrong.
E85 does have a cooling effect. I'm not going to be the best person to explain this. But you will not see that effect on the supercharger its self.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Cylinder temps and exhaust gas temps are likely lower with E85, I think that's the added benefit of the fluid volume.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Correct-o-mundo. Not lower blower air temp. Cylinder charge temp much lower, coupled with higher octane is what I understand to be the magic that makes the power and keeps the combustion mixture stay controlled and not thermally run away, and it is much less prone to detonate making our boosted engines a perfect candidate for making more power. I wish E85 was more common in my area. I have given a lot of thought lately to doing a flex tune.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
There really isn't a downside to flex. The logic for inferred was always possible...they just chose not to certify the car for that fuel. The options requiring a sensor install are accurate and responsive in essentially real time.

Some people are put off by the inferred not being 100% accurate but this is exactly how both dodge and Ford do flex fuel from the factory under a 5yr 60k warranty or better on all those powertrains. I'd say between the STFT and the inferred logic drift you're still well within margin of error for the street. 2 major OEM's thought so too. Plus our cars do WOT fueling and corrections off the widebands anyways. If you're shooting for .82 lambda it's gonna get you there one way or another unless something is terribly fubar.

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
Makes one wonder why MOPAR never used flex tune to start with on hellcats?