Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Live action from FUMANCHU182.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #122

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thank you! Hopefully the next passes will have me in the 9s.

For sure! Hopefully the next few revisions will be for that 104 octane moonshine juice I wanna shower in every morning. :ROFLMAO:
Oh yeah, that'll wake her up some more.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #124

Put together a quick video of the two passes. My friend Z owns the orange hellcat. He’s just as fast when he throws it into party mode.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

Put together a quick video of the two passes. My friend Z owns the orange hellcat. He’s just as fast when he throws it into party mode.
Looking good.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I've got to get me 1 of those 360 cameras, very cool.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #127
I've got to get me 1 of those 360 cameras, very cool.
if you do, let me know, learned quite a few tricks since owning one. Like image stabilization is useless lol...

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
if you do, let me know, learned quite a few tricks since owning one. Like image stabilization is useless lol...
Alright, I'll keep that in mind, Thanks !

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #129
OST hit me up with the "big splash of 104" tune. He added more timing and some tweaks, should be in the 9's next test and tune. Can't wait to hit a track soon!

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Way to go! @fumanchu182

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #131
So you want 9's but mother nature says no... So I went to the track on Sunday, got ample heat and sunburn and some times... Wasn't impressed with how the car ran, best run of the day was a 10.2. The weather was not great to run in, the car was just getting hot in the staging lanes (maybe I need an active interchiller from @TrekGTO, call me fam!). 100% not @ostmike fault with the tune at all, the logs looked great, no knock up until run four. I didn't feel like battling heat at all or recording video, also cooked the gopro on the outside of the car. :( Data for the day:

1623678394632.png

I noticed in all four runs, fourth to fifth gear the BAP just stops, says no more fam, goes to stock pressure and then the injector DC rises to compensate. On the fourth pull developed -7.5 STKR, nothing dangerous but I am done with it, not risking the biscuit and going lean and going boom. Literally every friends car went... Here's the damage list:
  1. Orange Hellcat Charger running 104 with a 2.85 and Diablo -> went boom. Might need a short block, HHP will be diagnosing.
  2. Widebody ScatPack running E85 with built bottom end and procharger and Diablo -> yeeted the transmission. Sipple will be fixing this bad boy, Sipple is A+.
  3. Scatpack running E85 and a 91mm borg warner on HP Tuners -> broke axles trying to launch. He's the master mechanic at Bayside Annapolis, he can fend for himself...
Apparently @Hickster didn't sacrifice enough Floridian's this weekend to appease the racing gods...

On the way home I didn't realize I was running the HOT tune still and the car was not happy, pulled over and tried to flash it and it wouldn't flash. Said a prayer, disconnected both the Tazer and the HP Tuners dongle. Re-attached the HP Tuners dongle only and finally went back to the regular 93 tune. Drove home got some Taco Bell and played with doggo. This morning ordered the https://shop.ostdyno.com/shop/shop/...dyno-hellcat-dual-fuel-pump-system-plug-play/ and https://shop.ostdyno.com/shop/shop/...systems-hellcat-demon/hellcat-fuel-drain-kit/ to address my fuel issues and requested a full send 104 only tune. I'm over this, I want a 9s hellcat and then I can stop with the madness. Sorry for not having a good video but my friend got a good video of me, the car was leaving like a freight train, just DA, Humidity and Grain size play a big part. For 93 with a big splash of 104 and no broken parts, I'll take it.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
You been doing this long enough to know when the DA goes so do the times

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #133
You been doing this long enough to know when the DA goes so do the times
100% correct, I’ll take my 10.2 and be happy.

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Not a bad day for that DA.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
100% correct, I’ll take my 10.2 and be happy.
Yep, as long as you can drive it home, then it was a good day !

The AI chiller made mine more consistent for sure & I like that & it, nice on hot days & better on cool > cold days.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #136
Did not have a good night at the track. Made two passes due to weather and track conditions.

DC8D4439-6977-43EB-9D62-CCF5BC5A9C8D.jpeg EFF85364-38B1-4F77-B726-83055B881AD1.png 649D4AED-6AB6-4631-8660-568D2BB6DF33.jpeg E1287E0A-2945-465A-BB81-59CABC4AFC68.png

So on the second run HP Tuners decided to not record. Great sat for four hours for two runs and didn’t get any of the data I needed… 🤬

This is just the beginning of God pissing on me. Shut the car off and then packed up, car wouldnt start. The line from the pump to the fuel rails disconnected. Called Geico for roadside assistance. In an absolute thunderstorm went walking around from trailer to trailer asking for a hammer and a flat head to get the hat off. Got it off, spilled fuel everywhere. Screamed Jesus Christ and cursed worse than when on a deployment and finger fucked it back on. Car started, drove at 30mph for two hours cause of the rain. In that drive home my mini cooler dumped onto my laptop… Then two hours later Geico called me… I let them have a few choice words. Car is sitting in the garage and I refuse to look at it.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Did not have a good night at the track. Made two passes due to weather and track conditions.

So on the second run HP Tuners decided to not record. Great sat for four hours for two runs and didn’t get any of the data I needed… 🤬

This is just the beginning of God pissing on me. Shut the car off and then packed up, car wouldnt start. The line from the pump to the fuel rails disconnected. Called Geico for roadside assistance. In an absolute thunderstorm went walking around from trailer to trailer asking for a hammer and a flat head to get the hat off. Got it off, spilled fuel everywhere. Screamed Jesus Christ and cursed worse than when on a deployment and finger fucked it back on. Car started, drove at 30mph for two hours cause of the rain. In that drive home my mini cooler dumped onto my laptop… Then two hours later Geico called me… I let them have a few choice words. Car is sitting in the garage and I refuse to look at it.
I don't know how to respond with the imogee's.
Sorry to hear you had a shit night.
If it helps my shit has been at the dealer since April 14th. I just got news the parts may be in July 19th. I missed out on about 2 months of good air. That added to my frustrations of losing a month and a half or more of good air due to my fueling issues last fall.
I am actually starting to hate my car. LOL
Hope this helps.😉

Last edited:
OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #138
I don't know how to respond with the imogee's.
Sorry to hear you had a shit night.
If it helps my shit has been at the dealer since April 14th. I just got news the parts may be in July 19th. I missed out on about 2 months of good air. That added to my frustrations of losing a month and a half or more of good air due to my fueling issues.
I am actually starting to hate my car. LOL
Hope this helps.😉
It's all good, and appreciated. I've just been having fueling issues left and right. BAP wasn't a solution and I'm about to get into the car and see why this clip won't stay attached. I abhor with the utmost comtempt, dodges single latches. Would you happen to know if there should be a safety latch on the clip? It looks like there is room for one.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
It's all good, and appreciated. I've just been having fueling issues left and right. BAP wasn't a solution and I'm about to get into the car and see why this clip won't stay attached. I abhor with the utmost comtempt, dodges single latches. Would you happen to know if there should be a safety latch on the clip? It looks like there is room for one.
I don't think there is one. It should lock when it is clicked in place. I sliced up my hands trying to undo mine when I changed pumps.
Which did not help my fueling issues. BTW

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #140
I don't think there is one. It should lock when it is clicked in place. I sliced up my hands trying to undo mine when I changed pumps.
Which did not help my fueling issues. BTW
100% believe it, I screamed like a sailor... oh wait I am one... when trying to get mine off. The single thumb press latches from Dodge can suck a fat D... All right I'm going in for surgery, round two after this taco bell...