Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Looking at buying another RE or maybe an SS.. help w opinions

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #21
I was gonna tell you to go used all the way, but it looks like I'm late to the party LOL. You got a nice car. I don't know if being able to buy these 21s for $13.5K under MSRP is a good thing or not long term for these cars, but certainly a good deal for you I'd say!
I don't know either. I looked a good bit at used ones. Most weren't 3.09 cars so that ruled them out. The closest car I found was a super nice "near new" '19 RE similarly equipped to the car I bought. It was $68k firm. I got this 2 yr newer car for $77,100. I just couldn't pay near new for not new.

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
Found it.
'21 Sinnamon Stick REWB. Some decent options, no sunroof and it's a factory 3.09 car. Numbers are ironed out and I have a deposit down on it. We'll be going up Monday w my trailer to pick it up.

View attachment 36153 View attachment 36155
Good move bo that car is beautiful if your going to mod that was the way to go

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #23
Almost home! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿค—

IMG_20210126_182300066.jpg

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #25
Car looks amazing in the trailer. Amazing and SAFE!
We made it home safe and sound. The car is all clean and shiny, unlike my truck and trailer that have all that Ohio road salt all over them. Yuck.
I can't wait to get that yellow guard off the car. I guess I'll hang it on the wall beside my other one. ๐Ÿ˜‹

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
OMG that color I love it congrats

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
A C8, round it off.

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
Thanks for the input DGatzby, Slow and Ron. Your opinions pretty much match mine. With the weird shifting/rev limit issue Ron experienced w his '20 RE maybe I'll look around and see what's out there in the way of low mileage '19 RE's before I pull the trigger on anything.
And yes Ron, I'm expecting these high attempted ADM's to fall flat w the SS so maybe I should hold off a bit and see if some of these dealers get back in the real world on their pricing.
194 SS cars produced in 2020. If you are keeping stock..go after 2021 SS you can factory order to your specs. Im sure you can find a dealer to write it msrp. RE best bang for buck if you are going to mode.

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
Almost home! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿค—

View attachment 36465
Awesome picture!!! So bad ass! Would love to know what you are using as mounting points for your tie down straps. If you don't mind sharing. BEST OF LUCK on that beauty!

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Awesome picture!!! So bad ass! Would love to know what you are using as mounting points for your tie down straps. If you don't mind sharing. BEST OF LUCK on that beauty!
I wanted the ZL-1 strap anchors but they will not sell me the rears only. So I bought metal off E-Bay for $14 and I will make my own copy of their design. WaLa !

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #32
I'll snap a pic tomorrow of where I tie both ends of the car.

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #33
Front strap hook points:
IMG_20210128_111817222.jpg IMG_20210128_111824865.jpg

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #34
Rear strap hook points:
IMG_20210128_111407880.jpg IMG_20210128_111428411.jpg

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #35
Both the front and the rear hook points work well when crisscrossing the straps, which helps keep the car centered as well.

Also, these small Race Ramps make it much easier to get under the front to hook up. Thanks to Ron for that idea.
IMG_20210128_111812044.jpg

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #36
Lastly, my mud flaps, P4D diff brace and Power Stop brake pads are all in so it won't be long it'll be time to start working on this thing. :giggle:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
This started off as a quick question for Ron in his thread but it got long so I decided to just make a thread for it so I don't inadvertently hijack his. Any real world suggestions would be appreciated. I decided to just copy and paste it because a good bit of the info I'm looking for can best be provided by Ron due to him having owned 2 of the 3 cars I'm considering...

Ron,
This isn't exactly on topic but it seems like as good a place as any to ask you.
You have a unique set of circumstances that, coupled with my own experiences w my RE, might be able to help me decide what my next move is.

I'm considering buying a second car. I really like the one I have and I've always intended for it to be in the family forever. Having said that I think I need to quit beating on it or else it won't live the long life I'd like it to have.

So..
I'm looking at 3 options. For various reasons each has it's own upside. In the end I'll just have to make up my mind a go with something. I'm hoping your thoughts might help me make up my mind. Without wasting too much typing these are the 3 options I'm looking at:

1 - 2020 SS. There are only a few that are priced even remotely reasonable at this point. I've actively tried to buy one for a little while but w no real success. MANY of them have had stupid high ADM's added to them during the time I've been trying to buy them. Example: the cloth seat car that's near you has a $30k ADM on it right now. That makes a 2 option car be priced at $114k. F**king crazy.
I have however found one that can be bought for $78k plus fees. That's reasonable but it's a semi loaded leather seat car and that's not really what I'm looking for.

2 - 2020 REWB. I've located one that's a 2 option car: REWB and 3.09 gear. Looks like it can be bought for about $10k less than the above mentioned SS. Not rare, not particularly low production, just a good base car to go pound on at the dragstrip.
Also, the hiccup deal can be tuned out of this car pretty easily I'd think(if this one has the same issue as yours had) and other than the lighter brakes would weigh in similarly to an SS.

3 - 2021 SS. Base SS is $83k. I don't know if any of the available discounts would/could apply to an ordered car. I have my "guy" looking into that for me today. Probably have to wait a few months to get it and it'll not likely be "rare" like the 2020 model. Still though, I can get the basic car I want if I order one.

FWIW - I'll likely start off playing w the new car stock until I max out what I think it's capable of and then give Curt a call and see where I decide to go from there. So, warranty and the like don't really apply much to the new car.

Thanks,
Bo
Is cost an issue? What is your target spend on this?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
We made it home safe and sound. The car is all clean and shiny, unlike my truck and trailer that have all that Ohio road salt all over them. Yuck.
I can't wait to get that yellow guard off the car. I guess I'll hang it on the wall beside my other one. ๐Ÿ˜‹
Sell them. Folks will give $50 or so I'm told.

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
I wanted the ZL-1 strap anchors but they will not sell me the rears only. So I bought metal off E-Bay for $14 and I will make my own copy of their design. WaLa !
Lastly, my mud flaps, P4D diff brace and Power Stop brake pads are all in so it won't be long it'll be time to start working on this thing. :giggle:
Thank you Tnredeye...what mud flaps did you go with?