Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Mid size SUV help?

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
So the RHD versions are more dependable, you say?
Good to know, since I have three RHD vehicles (no Range Rovers, though).
What the hell are you doing with rhd cars Jimmy ?perhaps we should do a swaps.Funnily enough I have three lhd’s

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
What the hell are you doing with rhd cars Jimmy ?perhaps we should do a swaps.Funnily enough I have three lhd’s
Hey, I may take you up on that!

But you may not be overly eager to trade once you find out that one's a '75 4WD converted Postal Jeep, one an '05 Daihatsu HiJet dump truck, and one an '08 "military" Jeep JK.

Those three are actually what I drive most often, followed by center steering (tractors), while the LHDs see the most miles.

Please post some photos of what I'll get in trade, would you?

Oh, and I do have a Range Rover engine in my Jeep, by the way.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
You lost me when you said the Jeep was more loaded than the other 2...
Is that true?

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Hey, I may take you up on that!

But you may not be overly eager to trade once you find out that one's a '75 4WD converted Postal Jeep, one an '05 Daihatsu HiJet dump truck, and one an '08 "military" Jeep JK.

Those three are actually what I drive most often, followed by center steering (tractors), while the LHDs see the most miles.

Please post some photos of what I'll get in trade, would you?

Oh, and I do have a Range Rover engine in my Jeep, by the way.
Think I may,respectfully,stick then😜,the red one plus these 0D55A17E-E278-4397-A324-8BEE08BE4A54.jpeg

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I knew it sounded too good to be true. Oh well, at least my three are more practical.
So there.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I thought they looked larger than I had expected, until I saw that it's Hammond.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I’ve had a RangeRover sport and currently Evoque,both nice cars to drive and zero problems with eight years ownership between them,but as others have said residual is not good.
How about the all new Land Rover Defender that’s coming out any day now?I think they may hold their value a bit better.
Yeah, I think the Defender is a better build and I say that becasue I saw them being "spiritedly driven" by plenty of British Army and SAS troops in Iraq and Asscrackistan. They really seemed to take a beating that I would never trust a U.S. spec Range/Land Rover to endure.

This is how I'd like one outfitted if I owned it....

land_rover_defender_l10.jpg

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I knew it sounded too good to be true. Oh well, at least my three are more practical.
So there.
That's exactly what every second place finisher says :p

OP
Phizzle

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #30
You lost me when you said the Jeep was more loaded than the other 2...
Is that true?
Yea, the High Altitude package fully equipped JGC is the same cost wise as a minimal/moderately loaded Macan/Velar. Especially with discounts being offered right now from Jeep.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Yea, the High Altitude package fully equipped JGC is the same cost wise as a minimal/moderately loaded Macan/Velar. Especially with discounts being offered right now from Jeep.
I don't know if you're willing to jump on a plane for the deal, but when I was looking at JGC's a few months ago, Koons was willing to give me the same forum discount that they give to forum members on the Challengers/Chargers. I wasn't looking to buy new though. I don't know what they have now, but they had a decent selection then.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
I am considering trading my Hummer H3T for a Durango SRT. I think it is categorized mid-size SUV. Trying to get info on how quick, and how good it handles/brakes. Would love to hear your experiences!
I had the opportunity to throw a Durango SRT around the track at Bondurant and was shocked at how well the big girl danced. They are pretty damn cool!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Especially with discounts being offered right now from Jeep.
Hmm. I looked a day or two ago, and all I found was a mediocre interest rate.
I'll have to check again.

CPRHDSRT

Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fork
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 HC Challenger
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. We're leaning on the Jeep too. I'll keep you all posted on what we end up getting in the near future.
If prudent with your budget, you may want to consider stalking some leftover 2019 JGC SRTs or DSRTs since they are essentially the same as the 2020MY (some wheel / color options differences of course). Obtainable for about 6-9K over the 2020 high altitude and sprints 0-60 in 4.4 out of the box causing perm-a-grin on demand. Best daily I've owned. It's a good time to be bargain buying with significant revisions coming in 2021MY.

Good luck with your search.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
JGC High Altitudes at Koons that I found on a quick search. I forget who the new forum rep is but I think it was listed on the thread about 225 hellcats at koons....it used to be Erica Ramsey, but she handed off to someone new....

here's a leftover 2019 with a V8 for $45k

https://www.koons.com/new/Jeep/2019...ngton-dc-586fbb9f0a0e0ae777431add7466be2f.htm

here's a 2020 with a V6 for $43.5k

https://www.koons.com/new/Jeep/2020...ngton-dc-49079d3f0a0e0a1720ee2fe314696406.htm

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
So there.
Without wishing to highjack this thread,I’m also looking at the same suv scenario ,I’ve shown you mine so let’s see your right hookers🤓

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
I had the opportunity to throw a Durango SRT around the track at Bondurant and was shocked at how well the big girl danced. They are pretty damn cool!
Truth. 👍😂

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Unless you truly plan to go off-roading, I'd skip the Jeep & go with a Durango R/T or SRT and save some $$$.
Basically the same vehicle, but a bit less off-road capability (a tad lower + approach/departure angles not as forgiving).

Kwalski

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SALISBURY
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
We recently were in the market for a mid size SUV. The market is saturated with fairly low mileage used options. The Jeep was our favorite, me because of the 5.7, my wife liked the White/Black appearance. We also drove, Durango, Explorer...we ended up with a one owner Explorer with 60k mileage, but wa s about half off the new sticker and the right size for my wife to feel comfortable driving it. New is nice and all, but the drop off in price is pretty major.

DaveB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Penhold
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
My sister is a big city yuppy-type and has had 2 (maybe 3) Range Rovers....in the shop all the time. She has a Grande Cherokee Trailhawk now and loves it.

I (my wife) have no experience with “higher end” SUV’s. We can afford ‘em, (I guess) but we live in a small town and I tell her the only brand we are getting depends what dealers are in town. That said, her Murano has been an amazing car....just rolled 160,000km (100k miles) with zero issues. We’ve been kicking tires and the one we both love is the new Toyota Highlander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk