Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Motor Trend trashes Challenger Hellcat Red Eye (December 2019 edition)

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
the only way the RE runs an 11.8...is with Aunt Jemima behind the wheel
Don't you be talkin bad now... Ain't YO MAMA ????.... WELL SHHHIT....

YO MOMMA.JPG :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
I woulda liked to see three challengers in that commercial in red, white, and blue.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I'll let you guys go to the local store and read it while the wife shops instead of buying it. In a nutshell, Randy Pobst rates it 12/12, while Motor Trend rates it 11/12. They ran a blistering 11.8 @ 126 with a 0-60 time of 3.8 seconds (insert sarcasm simile). The only car MT rated lower than the Red Eye was the Toyota GR Supra (Launch Edition).

Randy Pobst comments on the Red Eye.........."Someone had to be last. The Dodge isn't refined, but it could be the most fun. Seats are like thrones. The Hemi pulls harder than you'd dream, tranny is sharp and effective in manual mode. Heavy handling is balanced and brings on the good times."

Motor Trends comments on the Red Eye........." An absolute hoot when blasting exhaust notes at your friends during stoplight-to-stoplight drags, impressing/appalling neighbors with apocalyptic burnouts, and driving a sweeping country road at 70 percent. But ask it to lay waste to a racetrack or take a narrow twisty road at full chat, and the Challenger is found wanting."

Outside of the BMW M2, Shelby GT 350, and the Toyota Supra, all other cars were way more expensive.

Look, I know car mags are subjective and don't really mean a thing, but still, nobody wants their car to be rated last or next to last on any testing.

Rant over.

What is this Motor Trend you speak of?

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I woulda liked to see three challengers in that commercial in red, white, and blue.
We only had Hemi Orange, Black and Silver in 2008.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
That video wasn't from 1776?