Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

My 2017 Hellcat build

OP
TMAC

TMAC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
Confused by what you're saying.

How can the Litens know if there are spacers (FI?) installed?

The idler pulley maybe, but even that isn't clear to me.
No idea. Both the larger idler pulleys and supercharger spacers do slightly change the way the belt meets the pulley, but why that's a problem for the Litens pulley is a mystery.
I am not using an aftermarket tensioner that has a higher spring rate.
This is not unusual. Its a real problem that many others have had.
You would think that an $800 part would be more robust.
I would NEVER use another Litens.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I would NEVER use another Litens.

I understand what you're saying, but it's disheartening...

We've got the O.E. pulley to think about and I was going to use one this Winter when I send my S/C in to Jokerz for porting...

:(

OP
TMAC

TMAC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #23
Well, Jokerz could not get the pulley off.
So its now a shaft replacement.

OP
TMAC

TMAC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #24
Well I finally got the remote tune done. Had Mike at OST Dyno remotely tune the car at Black Market Racing, a local dyno shop.
The original tune had some problems, not the least of which was going into limp mode every time I drove it for more than 20-25 minutes.
The idle was to high (~1000 RPM) as well. The shop that tuned it also modded it. Initially, I was going to get a pump gas (91 is all we have) build. But, after the mods started, several stations (one very close to me)
started selling E85. So we switched. Unfortunately, I already had ID1050x injectors. The shop said they knew a place that could modify the 1050's to flow more fuel and save some money. That was a mistake.
Those modified injectors worked OK over 2000 rpm, but were just awful down low. Thus the high idle and limp mode issues. The first tune made 858 RWHP. My math showed that to be on the low side of what I was expecting.
So I got the car ready for a remote tune to try and straighten all this out. We put a fresh set of NGK 2309's in it gapped at .028". I drained the tank because the E85 in it had been sitting for quite a while, and got a fresh tank full.
Removed the modified injectors and put them where they belong (the trash), and installed a set of ID1300X. The re-tune and swapped injectors fixed everything AND netted an additional 42 RWHP.
Final pull

Thanks Mike. You da man!