Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Lease Deals for April

OP
tkracing1

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Thread Starter #41
I bailed on my C8.
I was already August and potentially 2021 due to the strike, the virus guaranteed it was 2021.
Don't blame you... in the history of new model roll outs this will go down as the worst. What a mess...

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Don't blame you... in the history of new model roll outs this will go down as the worst. What a mess...
Definitely a lot of BS stacked against this car from the start.
Delayed years ago
Then delayed a year for release
A strike
now a pandemic.

Thing is haunted

Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Charger
I've tried making multiple offers at around 8% below MSRP on 2020 Chargers but nobody seems to want to budge more than $1-2k off. Has anyone had any success recently?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I bailed on my C8.
I was already August and potentially 2021 due to the strike, the virus guaranteed it was 2021.
Glad I jumped on it early...First one delivered in WNY..and 1 of only 5 in the whole region...even with nothing open..its a great car to drive to nowhere...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
LOL..only if you weren.t able yo get one...:D:D

OP
tkracing1

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Thread Starter #46
LOL..only if you weren.t able yo get one...:D:D
Yeah... rub it in. Has the wife let you drive her car yet?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yeah... rub it in. Has the wife let you drive her car yet?
LOL...its still at Buffalo Car Care...they had a 2 day delay in getting the lazer cut film panels..so weather permitting we have a Monday pick up date...and to answer your question.. the answer is no..even worse..I have a flip phone Mathew Brady took clearer photos during the Civil War...she has all the pics on her phone..I said will you please transfer those photos to the forum...her reply...you and that forum are a real pain in my ass...I'm beginning to believe the acquisition of the C8...was not my finest hour:(:(:(

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
36/10 hellcat charger wb stickered at 79k leased for $769/mo including taxes with 0 down.

Good data point and this is with no incentive from chrysler cap.... a 2-5k incentive drops that into the 6s

Attachments

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
where did you see that? That's not bad... but as noted, I doubt everyone will be handing that out like candy.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
where did you see that? That's not bad... but as noted, I doubt everyone will be handing that out like candy.
leasehackr.com

assuming he got all of holdback that's roughly where your payment will end up. Also if it was easy everybody would be doing it 😉

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Key phrase for that deal was his last sentence. In other words, extremely fat chance you are going to find a dealer willing to do the same deal.

Last edited:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Key phrase for that deal was his last sentence. In other words, extremely fast chance you are going to find a dealer willing to do the same deal.
I can see more and more dealers willing to play ball, during these times not many people are going out and buying/leasing 75k+ cars.

Also if good incentives drop then it makes it even easier.

We shall see what incentives are going to come out. There are already some regions getting $1500 bonus cash plus I hear manufacturers are going to start dropping dealer trunk money to move cars sitting on lots like the daytona's.

Wouldn't be surprised to see another firesale but I also wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen. Auto manufacturers are in trouble rn so who knows what they will do.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
My lease term just ended, and I started the process to turn the car back in. I called Chrysler Capital and was told "sorry we are to under-staffed to call in all of these lease cars".
Puzzled by that statement, I asked well, what steps do I need to take to get the car back to you guys...After an awkward pause, the rep asked if I could call all of my local dealerships in order to ask if they were accepting leases back. After being refused by the dealership in my city, the next town over from me agreed to take the car. Long story short, after my driver over, that dealership refused to take the car if I was not willing to buy it from them. When confronted about that, they then said they didn't have the proper paperwork to ground the car. Geez what a cluster! Just trying to get this car back to Dodge has been the biggest PITA. Also, they will not negotiate on the lease residuals at all..Might be in their favor at this point to do something like that.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
My lease term just ended, and I started the process to turn the car back in. I called Chrysler Capital and was told "sorry we are to under-staffed to call in all of these lease cars".
Puzzled by that statement, I asked well, what steps do I need to take to get the car back to you guys...After an awkward pause, the rep asked if I could call all of my local dealerships in order to ask if they were accepting leases back. After being refused by the dealership in my city, the next town over from me agreed to take the car. Long story short, after my driver over, that dealership refused to take the car if I was not willing to buy it from them. When confronted about that, they then said they didn't have the proper paperwork to ground the car. Geez what a cluster! Just trying to get this car back to Dodge has been the biggest PITA. Also, they will not negotiate on the lease residuals at all..Might be in their favor at this point to do something like that.
residuals are never negotiable

if you want you can extend for 6 months by saying you have a car on order.

fca dealers are clowns.

OP
tkracing1

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Thread Starter #55
Damn... that is crazy. Wonder if they would be willing to sell you the car at a negotiated price. Never know and doesn't hurt to try...

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Damn... that is crazy. Wonder if they would be willing to sell you the car at a negotiated price. Never know and doesn't hurt to try...
might actually work.

OP
tkracing1

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Thread Starter #57

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Worth a try... right?
yea with dealers not taking cars and auto auctions effectively slowed to a halt where do all these cars go?

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
There is no harcopy paperwork, the grounding process is done via a website/web portal. They simply didn't want to take your car in for whatever covid-19 fears and/or want to deal with having your car sit at their facility until an FCA rep can get it and take it to auction (weeks?)

I bet if you wanted to buy a brand new vehicle, though, they'd be all up your ass with how they could accommodate you.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
who do I try to negotiate with? The lease end manager at Chrysler Financial or the original dealership I purchased from?? I appreciate the replies guys; they pretty much confirmed my suspicions.