Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Redeye has ticking sound?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Mine makes absolutely no noise,,,, unless you start it up.Have not heard that in a while. Thursday. Lots of noises.
You got a RE?

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
The Purge canister assembly has superseded. I have verified my 2019 Hellcat has the latest number yet my Demon has the previous number. Im going to order one tomorrow.
Thanks
AJ
Pictures and part number would be appreciated.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
The Purge canister assembly has superseded. I have verified my 2019 Hellcat has the latest number yet my Demon has the previous number. Im going to order one tomorrow.
Thanks
AJ
Thanks for the update. I will keep this in mind, I am going to the dealer on Thursday to have my noises looked at/listened to and will bring up this part.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
How does the fuel evaporative canister work?
The EVAP system uses the charcoal canister to store fuel vapors that escape the cas tank through a tube. The charcoal (EVAP_ canister empties by engine vacuum sucking the vapors out, to be burned as fuel. This can only be done when the vent valve and purge valve are opened simultaneously. When the vent valve and purge valve are closed, the evaporative canister will store vapors until the vents are opened. This allows environmentally harmful fuel vapors from entering the atmosphere, and increases fuel mileage over a tank of fuel.
What are the symptoms related to a bad fuel evaporative canister?
The check engine light will illuminate any time there is a failed EVAP system test. This will be indicated by the various on-board diagnostics trouble codes that are stored in the vehicle's memory. Also, in some models, there may be a popping sound accompanying the check engine light, as the leak detection pump continuously attempts to pressurize the fuel tank. The canister may also cause difficulty starting the engine, a rough idle, and poor fuel mileage.
Can I drive with a fuel evaporative canister problem?
A vehicle with an EVAP system issue can be driven, but may achieve lower fuel mileage. Also, a vehicle with an EVAP system issue will not pass standardized state or federal emission testing. The vehicle may take time to start and idle rough, but driving the vehicle should not be an issue.
How often do fuel evaporative canisters need to be replaced?
EVAP system faults are very common, and happen throughout the useful life of the vehicle. The evaporative canister and all other components in the system are linked to the same trouble codes, so all components are inspected when the system has a fault. This includes the filler cap, a.k.a. gas cap. The gas cap is the number one reason EVAP failures are recorded. These codes are preventable with regular cleaning and inspection of the fuel cap.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye widebody
They a
Picked up my new Redeye Friday. I hear a ticking sound when I'm inside in park idling, in gear or out. Can't hear it when it take off because of the loud exhaust. Sounds like passenger side rear. Anyone else?
My redeye does it...When I bought mine I heard it and had the dealership star 4 other redeyes on the lot and all did the same...Normal.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
They a

My redeye does it...When I bought mine I heard it and had the dealership star 4 other redeyes on the lot and all did the same...Normal.
I believe it. Seems a lot of others hear it, with no other problems to report.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
So I did have my car looked at yesterday, they performed this TSB on the front brakes are they are not clicking anymore fwiw.
Noise behind me was just the seatbelt knocking against my son’s booster seat in the back. No issue there. No more weird sounds for me right now...

Attachments

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I see this thread has gone quiet. Anyone have any new information to share? I haven’t driven my Redeye in almost a month due to surgery but, I don’t look forward to hearing that knocking sound again.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I only have 175mi on mine now. I think I hear something sometimes that is on the passenger side, but probably because you guys are making me paranoid. LOL. What I'm wondering is, if our cars are basically Demon's front to back why wasn't/ isn't this a prevalent issue on those?
Personally, as long as there's no weird noises coming from the engine it wont really bother me.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I only have 175mi on mine now. I think I hear something sometimes that is on the passenger side, but probably because you guys are making me paranoid. LOL. What I'm wondering is, if our cars are basically Demon's front to back why wasn't/ isn't this a prevalent issue on those?
Personally, as long as there's no weird noises coming from the engine it wont really bother me.
If and when it starts, it will drive you nuts.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Just an update, my car is making the same noises it always has, seems like a little click or knock from the front brakes, and then something coming from the rear seat belt by my son's toddler seat.

I absolutely do not have an engine tick, listened for it several times. Definitely no engine tick.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
My diff gears howl unless its under load, and I have the common Hemi Tick when she is cold. Wish the noises were not there, but the more I read on here, its just the nature of the beast so it seems.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
My diff gears howl unless its under load, and I have the common Hemi Tick when she is cold. Wish the noises were not there, but the more I read on here, its just the nature of the beast so it seems.
Yup. I have the howl too.(low sound but it is there when not under load). I thought that was a problem with the 3:09's only, but I guess not.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
just turn the radio up ,,noise goes away dummies

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
just turn the radio up ,,noise goes away dummies
Why would you call the RE owners dummies? Funny. In mine anyway you can almost talk and then can't hear this little noise we are talking about. It seems to be something with regard to the right exhaust and only at idle in mine, like I have said before. I think we should all declare it normal and have fun and move on. Like Eric says I know it is not a Hemi tick, more than once now I have listened and this engine is the smoothest and has the least engine noises under the hood than ALL Hemi's I have owned.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
Could it be the exhaust valve on that right side? Maybe it is defective/loose/damaged enough that it vibrates at idle....my.02

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
The only thing that makes sense and could sound like what I hear is YES, that damn flapper valve in the pipe. It's location is about where I hear it, and that is about the only thing that makes sense. In mine, it don't bother me, and if you just press the accelerator and break idle if you hear it, then it stops making the noise. Perhaps the actuator begins to apply some pressure on the flapper, then maintaining some force on it. Without the pressure it is hanging and "flapping in the breeze"?? It really can't be anything defective, or we all have defective stuff that apparently works anyway for expected performance.

I say someone get in one on a lift. Get one guy up in the car confirming the damn noise is present, then have another screw with that valve and see if that is our answer. Mine is trapped by winter, but next time I have it up all the way onnthe QuickJack, I may try it.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
I would definitely check the tension on the closer, it might not be quite right and just barely closing and ticking as it touches closed.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Yup. I have the howl too.(low sound but it is there when not under load). I thought that was a problem with the 3:09's only, but I guess not.
Nope, stock 2:62 in mine and been making noise since day 1. Seems to be getting louder as well, or maybe I am just becoming more sensitive and frustrated with it.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Nope, stock 2:62 in mine and been making noise since day 1. Seems to be getting louder as well, or maybe I am just becoming more sensitive and frustrated with it.
I've had both the 2.62 and the 3.09 in my RE. They both have the howl under no load/decel situations. I guess it's just the nature of the beast.

And also, I have that tick in the right rear of my car. It's been there since day one. It seems like it's just a normal RE thing.