Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to SRT owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Redeye has ticking sound?

coolblue

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I've had both the 2.62 and the 3.09 in my RE. They both have the howl under no load/decel situations. I guess it's just the nature of the beast.

And also, I have that tick in the right rear of my car. It's been there since day one. It seems like it's just a normal RE thing.
The gears are supposed to be shot peened right? Maybe the treatment causes the noise. Or, I also read the case hardening on the diff brings it to T6. Maybe the combo of the two? Either way if differential survives some serious beating (once broken in, LOL) and all the problems I ever have with rear differential is some noise I'll be real happy.

shadowsk

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
My RE has the slight tick from day 1. My 16 HC did not. I've got used to it.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Plant City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger
Mine has the same pulsating (loping type) rhythmic noise at idle too. My 2015 HC idled steady with no pulsing, but I believe after reading these posts...it is typical for RE Hellcats. Im not worried about it, but it would be a more comfortable experience at idle if there wasn't that noticeable pulsating sound. Kinda reminds me of what Harley Davidsons motorcycle engines look like at idle.....shaking like crazy until you are moving.

DGatzby

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Ha, good anology, true, my HD sounds like shit at idle IMO. I have owned this one since about '94 and love it. Like the RE once it is time for business, it is one of the smoothest and strongest on the block too.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Mine makes a ticking sound on the left side on cold start, sounds like an exhaust header leak. fades out when the engine warms up. I'm normally so tuned in to the rear exhaust note, that I don't pay it any attention.
OK Having a lift and remote start I did find one noise in my Redeye.The starter has a heat shield that is attached with two bolts and lays on a stud that is at the front of the starter. That was one little rattle noise that was easy to fix. I used one of the nuts from my wife's scat pack MFER-1 install they have a 8mm head and with a washer tightened up that heat shield to the starter. Had a honey do item to take care of so more to follow from underneath the Redeye.

Member ID
Reactions
City
park ridge
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
My dashboard has an intermittent squeak/rattle.
No way in hell I am taking it in for those ass hats to diagnose.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
My car has this rear-of-the-car noise too. '20 RE. Rises and falls in tempo with rpm. Once I get moving, I don't hear it anymore.

Hickster

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Moe wine,,, less tic kicking, and or ticketing. Got to fight wit that tomorrow. How can you fight city hall when it is closed do to ?? Ruin your license do to sumtin I can't hit with a 357. All the new critters tick, whine, cry, like a new gal. Butt will getter over it. You want to hear her win,, er and cry. Put some 110 octertane leaded and sea what perpurtrates. It anin't a nice sound. Got my last emblems today for the painter, then ceramic goats all the way around. Yepper dun. God I am so sick of attempting to desirer the language of the show Snot Tuna. If I owned a hot rod in the garage,,, I wood bester working on herFriday,, good Friday,, hope for every ones out there. Good to have a group of critters to keep our thoughts togethers and sum of us that don't. Just talk to the cat and eat another Xanax. Before the cat finds em.

Mean Cat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX