Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

On the Fence about ordering a 2021 TRX

Do I order a 2021 TRX in exchange for my 2020 Raptor plus $5,000?

• Total voters

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Just talked to Kent. He's waiting for your call.

OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Thread Starter #42
Just talked to Kent. He's waiting for your call.
Talked to Kent this morning. Bead Lock wheels might not be an option (possibly not available at this time). Hope to have the truck ordered today or tomorrow.

69 is fine

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Petersburg
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
1969 Plymouth road runner 2004 Dodge 2500 Cummins
Hello, New to the Forum,

My Wife wants to buy me a new 2021 Hellcat charger. We were at the local Tampa Florida Jerry ULM Dodge dealer today, looking and testing the seats and headroom. Where they sold two new Hellcats, during our visit. She asked if I would rather have a new TRX or the Hellcat? They add a $10,000 car wash over the full sticker MSRP. For both new Hellcats and TRX trucks.

Good question as I have an old Dodge 2500 Cummins truck.

The TRX looks neat. With Wow appeal. The four wheel drive is nice. The engine makes it an all round sweet package. The online Dodge TRX video shows some very aggressive off road driving. With muscle car quarter mile times. Having owned a few different new cars and over eighty motorcycles. Some of which manufacturers showed some very bold on TV stunt driving.

Like the Hellcats power sliding on TV. I wonder how the TRX on board computer keeps track of things like the four wheels spinning to red line in sand or mud or ice? Or how well the Dodge warranty steps in, when a big right foot meets a screaming hell no that's enough drive line. But I see lots of big ticket SUV's slow to an idle just going into a driveway. Many of which will never be driven rough.
In this price range it looks like you can afford your dreams desire. Things like oil changes and extended warranties are nice to have. Maybe you could sweeten up the TRX sale. Or ask the Ford service manager if they would honor your oil change book... towards the new Dodge. Just a thought. Seeing I also own a 1969 Plymouth road runner. Look up the word indifferent quality control. It was around the time of old misery index.

I hope those mixed TRX issues, were all (just)? Friday afternoon / over looked indifferent worker related items. As I worked at GM in the 1970's doing rotten jobs a monkey would not do. Then later GM / Delphi shifted some factory jobs to Mexico. Where if the Mexican workers made quota. They would get a free taco or burrito for lunch. Seeing the TRX is made in Sterling Heights, Michigan, the area is much better than areas to the south in Detroit. As I worked in a very bad area in the city for three years. But if some of those TRX workers live in a war torn Detroit area. They just might be dreading going home. Instead of just letting the air wrench finish up. That three or four thousand-ant moving bolt..

So buy what you wish. Stay away from regrets. Like not buying a one owner, all original very nice. Rust free Ford Shelby KOR GT500 for $2000.00 in 1978. Or a 1969 Trans AM for $500.00 in 1975 or my favorite a 1964 split window Corvette parked under a Farmers tree In 1970 for $600.00. my father said, Earl you don't want that old Chevy. It will never be worth anything. Get yourself a Plymouth. Cheer's

Last edited:

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Welcome to the forum and sounds like your a true Motörhead 😎. The TRX is a bad ass Truck as well as all the Hellcats. Tough decision to make being do you want just all bad ass snap your neck fun😁. And or you want to have a powerful big truck to have a lot of versatility? If it’s all about owning one of the nicest production cars made with instantaneous fun and exhilaration and a big smile on your face than the Charger wins. If your wanting the Big Truck and damn she’s big and drives like a truck than the TRX. I have owned too many cars, trucks, suvs, motorcycles…..etc and even have a YouTube channel dedicated to such topics. You can’t go wrong with the value to resale regardless of what you buy which assures you if you get one of the two and then decide down the road to change it up. I live in Northern Va and Oldsmar Fl as well. Here is one of my videos after driving the TRX and keep in mind I am a huge Mopar guy my whole life and had all the Viper Trucks 4 of them including the 4 door. I have the Ford Shelby Supersnake 2 door truck with 770HP😁
I have owned 2 of the most current Raptors and love the new Generation 37 inch package. I just by accident was able to drive the new Ram TRX while looking at a used 4Runner and they had a freshly used TRX which I drove. Go to the 14:20 mark and my daughter was begging me to get it🤪

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
If its all about owning one of the nicest commercial cars made with instantaneous passengers and and a big pay check as tips roll in, then the Charger wins.

There, I fixed it for you.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Hello, New to the Forum,

My Wife wants to buy me a new 2021 Hellcat charger. We were at the local Tampa Florida Jerry ULM Dodge dealer today, looking and testing the seats and headroom. Where they sold two new Hellcats, during our visit. She asked if I would rather have a new TRX or the Hellcat? They add a $10,000 car wash over the full sticker MSRP. For both new Hellcats and TRX trucks.

The TRX looks neat. With Wow appeal. The four wheel drive is nice. The engine makes it an all round sweet package. The online Dodge TRX video shows some very aggressive off road driving. With muscle car quarter mile times. Having owned a few different new cars and over eighty motorcycles. Some of which manufacturers showed some very bold on TV stunt driving.

Like the Hellcats power sliding on TV. I wonder how the TRX on board computer keeps track of things like the four wheels spinning to red line in sand or mud or ice? Or how well the Dodge warranty steps in, when a big right foot meets a screaming hell no that's enough drive line. But I see lots of big ticket SUV's slow to an idle just going into a driveway. Many of which will never be driven rough.
In this price range it looks like you can afford your dreams desire. Things like oil changes and extended warranties are nice to have. Maybe you could sweeten up the TRX sale. Or ask the Ford service manager if they would honor your oil change book... towards the new Dodge. Just a thought. Seeing I also own a 1969 Plymouth road runner. Look up the word indifferent quality control. It was around the time of old misery index.

I hope those mixed TRX issues, were all (just)? Friday afternoon / over looked indifferent worker related items. As I worked at GM in the 1970's doing rotten jobs a monkey wound not do. Then later GM / Delphi shifted some factory jobs to Mexico. Where if the Mexican workers made quota. They would get a free taco or burrito for lunch. Seeing the TRX is made in Sterling Heights, Michigan, the area is much better than areas to the south in Detroit. As I worked in a very bad area in the city for three years. But if some of those TRX workers live in a war torn Detroit area. They just might be dreading going home. Instead of just letting the air wrench finish up. That three or four thousand-ant moving bolt..

So buy what you wish. Stay away from regrets. Like not buying a one owner, all original very nice. Rust free Ford Shelby KOR GT500 for $2000.00 in 1978. Or a 1969 Trans AM for $500.00 in 1975 or my favorite a 1964 split window Corvette parked under a Farmers tree In 1970 for $600.00. my father said, Earl you don't want that old Chevy. It will never be worth anything. Get yourself a Plymouth. Cheer's
You'd be much better off going through Koons Dodge up here in Virginia and getting the forum discount.

https://www.hellcatforum.org/threads/koons-10-000-off-msrp-on-trx.10026/

https://www.hellcatforum.org/threads/koons-2022-dodge-orders-open-5-below-invoice.10083/

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Careful Stormy gets commissions😁. He needs cash for those night time adventures 😳
Who'd have thought you could combine Uber and strippers :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That's just good 'Murican capitalism right there :p

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hello, New to the Forum,

I hope those mixed TRX issues, were all (just)? Friday afternoon / over looked indifferent worker related items. As I worked at GM in the 1970's doing rotten jobs a monkey wound not do. Then later GM / Delphi shifted some factory jobs to Mexico. Where if the Mexican workers made quota. They would get a free taco or burrito for lunch. Seeing the TRX is made in Sterling Heights, Michigan, the area is much better than areas to the south in Detroit. As I worked in a very bad area in the city for three years. But if some of those TRX workers live in a war torn Detroit area. They just might be dreading going home. Instead of just letting the air wrench finish up. That three or four thousand-ant moving bolt..

I'd get a 22 Challenger Hellcat...
But I am biased.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
But I am biased.
I'd get a TRX to complement the Challenger, since I'm not biased.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'd get a TRX 4 door to complement the Charger, since It’s a 4 door as well😁.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
ChargerChallenger, you are a doork.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

69 is fine

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Petersburg
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
1969 Plymouth road runner 2004 Dodge 2500 Cummins
But I am biased.
Thank you Hunter,

I retired from the active duty US Coast Guard in 2000. Been retired since then. Except for a short time as a motorcycle mechanic. (thank you for your service).

For me the old love of ownership / divided by the amount of use. > Over the cost of tearing it up. Is tough to find today. If your mind is still in1970 dollars. (good luck to y ha)
Two of my long time friends have Hellcats. They both love them. Between them they both have forty collector cars, all stored indoors. The three of us are old school Mopar guys who have built / restored many different Mopar's. They both tell me the new Hellcat is light years better than my old 1969 Plymouth road runner.

In the back of my mind I wonder what next months (December 2021) Dodge incentives will be? Or if they are still back logged due to the China Flu chips? Seeing the build dates are sometime in the future?

Please stay with the love of your car. Be cheerful that you spend more time driving it than under it. I hope that dreaded change engine light (only comes on) while its under warranty.

Thank you for your kind words. Cheers, Earl
current stuff:
1969 Plymouth Dana 60 road runner. AC.PS,PB,VT 440 Edelbrock / Holley FI
1936 Ford all steel three window coupe (1957 392 hemi marine hot heads) father (RIP) and son 55 year project.
1979 Oldsmobile 98 regal 403 car (yes it was my fathers Oldsmobile). being restored.
2004.5 Dodge 2500 Cummins sport truck
Wife's Toyota Rav4
Honda Civic, New York winter car.
1985 BMW K100 (3)
2008 Suzuki B king
2012 Harley Davidson street glide
2014 Kioti DKS 45 diesel for our tree farm.
Albin diesel boat
Bass fishing boat.
Lots of Suzuki two stroke GT750's & stuff.

Last edited: