Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Picked up the new GT500 today!

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
Thanks for the comprehensive review of your newest car.
My RE is stiff and noisy with intermittent squeaks and rattles until you press the throttle and can't hear them any more.

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
I enjoy these vids. Love the "official test" and pro driver on the track vids also. However, the "man on the street" who isn't being sponsored and is providing seat of the pants is different and appreciated.

Coming out of a stunningly beautiful 1018 Jaguar F-Type R (all wheel drive) and back into a Hellcat with higher torque and rear drive I fully get your comment on torque. I missed the feel of massive torque (707 in the Redeye I believe). Intellectually, I know the AWD set up in the F Type was better for handling but it was not my cup of tea for what I love as "fun stuff".

Same with supercharger whine. The blower on the Jag was so quiet. My Redeye is a screamer.

The new GT500 looks good to my eye (I still like the old school look of the Challenger better) but you have me questioning if I'd really enjoy it based on the above. I can swing 1 fun car at a time and shop considering timing and discounts (Power Dollars y'all). A mistake in a purchase hurts. Been lucky and played my timing and deals well over the past 20 years. I think the GT500 will be a pass unless I can have multiple fun cars.

Keep the vids coming please!

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #103
Here’s my latest video as well comparing the Redeye to the GT500 and I am trying to be as impartial as possible. When I watch the videos it even intrigued me on how loud the Redeye sounds thru the video but in the cars it’s truly different. The supercharger whine is huge on the Redeye which makes the Redeye seem much louder. But in the GT the exhaust note is so much clearer and sounds more in your ear. But the video has me thinking damn the RE is louder which it is as far as all noises together. And hope no one here thinks I am bashing the Redeye because I am not and they really are two different cars. At the end of the day I am truly blessed at this time in my life to have this opportunity to have these and share to others my excitement to the ICE AGE.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Here’s my latest video as well comparing the Redeye to the GT500 and I am trying to be as impartial as possible. When I watch the videos it even intrigued me on how loud the Redeye sounds thru the video but in the cars it’s truly different. The supercharger whine is huge on the Redeye which makes the Redeye seem much louder. But in the GT the exhaust note is so much clearer and sounds more in your ear. But the video has me thinking damn the RE is louder which it is as far as all noises together. And hope no one here thinks I am bashing the Redeye because I am not and they really are two different cars. At the end of the day I am truly blessed at this time in my life to have this opportunity to have these and share to others my excitement to the ICE AGE.
Your Mustang has the exhaust note/sounds being pumped in through the audio system. I bet even when the radio is off. Nothing false about the Dodge.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #105
Your Mustang has the exhaust note/sounds being pumped in through the audio system. I bet even when the radio is off. Nothing false about the Dodge.
Damn that’s an interesting perspective lol. I’ll have to research this but I don’t think so since my GT is as loud and or louder than my Hellcats. The interior of the Mustangs cars are noisy and exhaust notes are much more prevalent. The Supercharger whine is huge in the Hellcats and I have A video coming with the different exterior exhaust notes of the Hellcats to the Mustang. 1923FCDC-1A2B-4813-B7EC-4531EBE3ED26.jpeg

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Damn that’s an interesting perspective lol. I’ll have to research this but I don’t think so since my GT is as loud and or louder than my Hellcats. The interior of the Mustangs cars are noisy and exhaust notes are much more prevalent. The Supercharger whine is huge in the Hellcats and I have A video coming with the different exterior exhaust notes of the Hellcats to the Mustang. View attachment 14192
Mustangs have had sound tubes off the intake tube pumping intake pulses for years (at least since the Coyote was introduced). And now they are using the stereo to manipulate the sounds you hear and don't hear.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...-mustang-shelby-gt500-the-right-kind-of-loud/

https://driving.ca/ford/shelby-gt50...t500s-stereo-to-help-the-engine-sound-perfect

https://fordauthority.com/2019/05/how-the-2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-sounds-so-good/

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Mustangs have had sound tubes off the intake tube for years pumping intake pulses for years (at least since the Coyote was introduced). And now they are using the stereo to manipulate the sounds you hear and don't hear.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...-mustang-shelby-gt500-the-right-kind-of-loud/

https://driving.ca/ford/shelby-gt50...t500s-stereo-to-help-the-engine-sound-perfect

https://fordauthority.com/2019/05/how-the-2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-sounds-so-good/
Well that's just great. All that research and money they spent on pumping fake sound into the cabin when all they needed was an inexpensive set of 40 series Flowmasters installed :p

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Yeah it's funny they do stuff like that. My Camaro has a tube that runs from the intake to the firewall to let intake noise in.

JasonDeezy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
Noice...

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
Yep. GT350 has piped in exhaust sound when in Sport mode. I'm sure they wouldn't stop doing it on the GT500. 😂