Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

"Project Demons Breath"

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #781
Nice and clean setup[clap][clap][clap]
Thanks Frenchcat. When the tracks open you will get to see it in person .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #782
So I have a BT cap on my PS pump and it's REAL close to my coil pack cover. I've been looking if I can space it up 2-4mm. Do you happen to have a picture of the res off the car? I'm having a hard time seeing how it bolts up. Nice clean solution you did there. I'd paint the straps purple ;)
@Speedy!
I will grab a few pics for you shortly. The straps in the pics are just mock up so I could get the shape I needed to make a good pair . .....and yes I will be painting them purple lol.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #783
So I have a BT cap on my PS pump and it's REAL close to my coil pack cover. I've been looking if I can space it up 2-4mm. Do you happen to have a picture of the res off the car? I'm having a hard time seeing how it bolts up. Nice clean solution you did there. I'd paint the straps purple ;)
Ok here ya go . The 2 on the back bolts go throw the power steering pump body and tread into the bracket . The one on the front goes throw the bracket and threads into the power steering pump . As you can see by the nipple that goes in to the pump there is not much room to go up .
@Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thanks buddy.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #785
No problem glad to help .

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #786
I ordered a set of TTI 1 7/8 stepped 2 in long tube headers with catless connection pipes and I just got word the wait on them is months away so to my contact got me a set of AFE 2 in headers with catless connection pipes for a deal I couldn't refuse . They will be jet hot coated also :). stay tuned for pics and install....

Yes these are website pictures lol

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Cant wait to hear about the install :LOL:

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I ordered a set of TTI 1 7/8 stepped 2 in long tube headers with catless connection pipes and I just got word the wait on them is months away so to my contact got me a set of AFE 2 in headers with catless connection pipes for a deal I couldn't refuse . They will be jet hot coated also :). stay tuned for pics and install....
awesome

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Will be very interesting to see the difference these make. I'm not a believer anymore of the long tube headers except for a dedicated, no exhaust, full time racecar. Hope you see GREAT results. Make me a believer again!

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #790
Will be very interesting to see the difference these make. I'm not a believer anymore of the long tube headers except for a dedicated, no exhaust, full time racecar. Hope you see GREAT results. Make me a believer again!
I hear what you are saying. But with the right combination of parts a good set of headers and exhaust do make a difference. On my 2010 srt 8 challenger i picked up 25 rwtq,in the bottom, 50 rwtq in the midrange and 40 rwtb up top with 1 7/8 TTI long tubes with a full 3 in exhaust with flowmaster super 44 mullflers. .
I will keep everyone posted . It will be track tested for sure.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #791
Well I put the insurance back on the car starting May 1 . Hopefully we don't get anymore freaking snow or freezing temps because if we do the DOT(MTO) will salt the roads again. . I have been tuning the new throttle body and I got start up , idle and low speed working pretty good just need to do higher speeds and WOT . Still waiting for headers . I probably won't install them till later in the summer after at least 1 track outing .

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Nice work if you're figuring out the throttle body tuning, those airflow calcs can be a pita.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #793
Nice work if you're figuring out the throttle body tuning, those airflow calcs can be a pita.
yes very time consuming . I am doing a little at a time and consulting with Mike at OST.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #794
Well I had the cat out Friday night and today . I have been logging and tuning . I got the start up , idle , and street driving smooth as glass . Just need the tracks to open so I can do WOT . One thing I noticed is my IAT's are warmer then they use to be driving around town . If I get the throttle open more the 25% they drop like a stone . My theory is with the bigger throttle body the blade is barely open so the air has tome to heat up . On a plus not I got my intercooler temp down to 3 deg C above ambient at low speed and 2 deg C at highway speeds or greater .

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
2-3 C is about 35 degrees(ish) I think? I was doing some testing today with a new toy and mine were about 40 F.

I'll be curious what you think of the TB.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #796
2-3 C is about 35 degrees(ish) I think? I was doing some testing today with a new toy and mine were about 40 F.

I'll be curious what you think of the TB.
My intercooler temps are 2-3 C above ambient temps ( ambient is 17 C so intercooler temps are 19-20 C) factory it was 5-6 C above ambient.
Street driving it has crisp throttle response .. Only the track will tell the whole story. As soon as I can get to a track I will post the results for sure.
New toy eh......

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #797
Well. Boys and girls . The car is done getting its alignment. The front is stock demon specs the rear is toe and caster stock demon specs but 0.5+ camber on both sides . Let's see how that does . The only issue my Ocd has is every time I hit a sharp bump I'm getting a clunk or thud in the rear and it's driving me crazy . The only change is the AAD adjustable upper control arms .

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #798
Ok I figured out the "thud / clunk" . 1 st mistake ..... Always torque suspension bolts with weight on the tires at ride right. Never at full droop !. I put the stock seats back in and I dropped the front rims off at the tire shop to get 2 new tires installed .

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
Ok I figured out the "thud / clunk" . 1 st mistake ..... Always torque suspension bolts with weight on the tires at ride right. Never at full droop !. I put the stock seats back in and I dropped the front rims off at the tire shop to get 2 new tires installed .

How the hell did you forget that. I know you knew that. lol

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #800
How the hell did you forget that. I know you knew that. lol
I was in a big hurry to go no where I guess lol Yes I know that but I was jumping from job to job and got distracted. . This is why you should always double check your work!