Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

"Project Demons Breath"

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
@Hpindy I started a new thread for the weekend.

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
I have been fighting what I thought was cat overtemp in the summer. Or running the car in really hot weather for the first time. I was having issues with
the car has been falling on it's face and picking up again during a pass. The injectors were working hard and it was adding timing.
As the weather cooled and the car made more boost it was more noticeable. You could see the car lose power if you watched it go down the track. I had a video of the dash guages having crazy rich afr and boost would go from 12-8psi, then back up and down again.
We logged it yesterday with hptuners and saw the fuel pump pressure below commanded pressure and the injectors went past maxed out so the car blead boost to save itself.
A fuel pump change will be happening this week and I will be checking it at the track on the weekend.
Yup, that makes sense

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Yup, that makes sense
Brian hopefully I get a chance to test it on the weekend. It was snowing this morning.
So the season can end at anytime now.
I had installed the Incognito to try which made the issue more noticeable.
The log showed it fell on it's face twice in the run and still ran 10.50. LOL

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Here is a preview of @oilburner 's runs ......

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
it was a great weekend an I set 2 goals for this season. a decent nine an wheels up, I knew the 9 was going to be easy but really surprised the wheels came up, not sure which pass this was but did manage to get a 9.41 at 146.7. Sunday I was convinced I would get a 9.3x but best I could do was a
9.50 hooking up was a real challenge , track was cold an a lot busier with a ton of little rice burners chewing up the track. all in all had a great weekend with good friends.

this winter doing 15 inch conversion an will run radial pro tires an will get my 9.3x next season or maybe 9.2 either way having fun trying!!

Napierville is a great track an they sure do the best prep of any track I`ve been too, worth the 6 hour drive!

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
it was a great weekend an I set 2 goals for this season. a decent nine an wheels up, I knew the 9 was going to be easy but really surprised the wheels came up, not sure which pass this was but did manage to get a 9.41 at 146.7. Sunday I was convinced I would get a 9.3x but best I could do was a
9.50 hooking up was a real challenge , track was cold an a lot busier with a ton of little rice burners chewing up the track. all in all had a great weekend with good friends.

this winter doing 15 inch conversion an will run radial pro tires an will get my 9.3x next season or maybe 9.2 either way having fun trying!!

Napierville is a great track an they sure do the best prep of any track I`ve been too, worth the 6 hour drive!
Those are from 2 different runs. I'm pretty certain the close up is from your 9.41 pass As i took a video of that pass.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
You Canucks are hauling ass!

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Our season is short so we try to make it count.:LOL::LOL:

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Is that a fuel Pssst ?
I’m not sure how to spell the kind of noise I was trying to Make. 😂

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
everytime you feel a chill look to the north, it`s that supercharged canadian air blowing your way.:cool:

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Those are from 2 different runs. I'm pretty certain the close up is from your 9.41 pass As i took a video of that pass.
thanks Jim wasn`t sure, really appreciate you taking those pic`s, that was the icing on the cake!!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Sounds like you all had a great time!

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat

Attachments

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger

You don’t need 15’s....

Frenchcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
t-r
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Our season is short so we try to make it count.:LOL::LOL:
Brian hopefully I get a chance to test it on the weekend
I am with you Jim! Like you, I was hungry for more! With ALL my single pass embellished by an HICCUP (new thing for me) or an hip-hop like real french Canadian say:LOL:, sometime between the first and the second, or the second-third and also had one between third and the forth!!!:unsure: Now I fully understand the frustration of @DRAGRCR with his past 2020 Redeye.
Despite all of that, here is my "this weekend meet up at Napierreville" best ET: 10.14 and a 60 ft at 1.405 on stock tune btw. I have an idea on what cause all that Hiccup and I would to have a second chance and a last chance before end of our season in a goods DA conditions.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
[
I am with you Jim! Like you, I was hungry for more! With ALL my single pass embellished by an HICCUP (new thing for me) or an hip-hop like real french Canadian say:LOL:, sometime between the first and the second, or the second-third and also had one between third and the forth!!!:unsure: Now I fully understand the frustration of @DRAGRCR with his past 2020 Redeye.
Despite all of that, here is my "this weekend meet up at Napierreville" best ET: 10.14 and a 60 ft at 1.405 on stock tune btw. I have an idea on what cause all that Hiccup and I would to have a second chance and a last chance before end of our season in a goods DA conditions.
Still a great run with an amazing 60ft Frenchcat.

Please post your slip in the redeye 1/4 mile list so I can add your new time.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
We were all fighting with traction issues. It was cold and then once it warmed up street cars would ruin the prep. You never knew if you would hook or spin. It was a guessing game every time you launched.
If we could have got better traction I know everyone would have done even better.
I have no doubt everyone could have gone even faster.

If we could have hooked on Sunday with that DA this would be the times I have no doubt.
Hpindy's 9.20s no problem.
Oilburner's car 9.30s no problem.
DemonSRT 9.80s no problem
Frenchcat 9.90s no problem
Moparjim once his fuel pump issue is fixed 10.1s no problem

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,419
I am with you Jim! Like you, I was hungry for more! With ALL my single pass embellished by an HICCUP (new thing for me) or an hip-hop like real french Canadian say, sometime between the first and the second, or the second-third and also had one between third and the forth!!!:unsure: Now I fully understand the frustration of @DRAGRCR with his past 2020 Redeye.
You were pushing past the shift and tapping the rev limiter ( hp tuners told us this ) due to the negative DA , good baro and a few other factors you were make more power then anticipated by the ecu . Easy fix .

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
You were pushing past the shift and tapping the rev limiter ( hp tuners told us this ) due to the negative DA , good baro and a few other factors you were make more power then anticipated by the ecu . Easy fix .

Enlighten me.