Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

"Project Demons Breath"

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,421
Sorry I should have been more specific. It's an easy fix if you lower the shift point a small bit . But that doesn't help the guys that want to stay stock and not tune their car . I'm use to working with tuned cars .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Sorry I should have been more specific. It's an easy fix if you lower the shift point a small bit . But that doesn't help the guys that want to stay stock and not tune their car . I'm use to working with tuned cars .

I thought to lower the shift points requires re writing shift tables. I may be completely wrong but it is not as simple as changing one number in a single field. And I thought there were multiple tables, like 13 or something. So you have to know what tables the car will use at WOT etc.........This is why I was paying a Tuner. Mike@OST.

Remember as @Phast Hemi pointed out you can tune the TCM without unlocking since it is not locked. And as far as I can tell lowering the shift points will not require a coordinated change to the PCM tuning like Raising them would.

All that being said, you only heve 2 options with a stock 19 Redeye. First thing I would do right on the spot is reset PCM and TCM adaptives and then make another couple passes and see how it does. It can be done with HPTuners and a security gateway bypass or : see below. The second thing to do if you are already on a good tire with an agressive tire pressure setting, is get a different race track (better prep).

Just so you know, doing a capacitive discharge (reset all adaptives) on my Demon in January had a DRAMATIC effect on the performance of the car. Eliminated the Hiccup and the converter seemed to lock a lot harder.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,423
I thought to lower the shift points requires re writing shift tables. I may be completely wrong but it is not as simple as changing one number in a single field. And I thought there were multiple tables, like 13 or something. So you have to know what tables the car will use at WOT etc.........This is why I was paying a Tuner. Mike@OST.

Remember as @Phast Hemi pointed out you can tune the TCM without unlocking since it is not locked. And as far as I can tell lowering the shift points will not require a coordinated change to the PCM tuning like Raising them would.

All that being said, you only heve 2 options with a stock 19 Redeye. First thing I would do right on the spot is reset PCM and TCM adaptives and then make another couple passes and see how it does. It can be done with HPTuners and a security gateway bypass or : see below. The second thing to do if you are already on a good tire with an agressive tire pressure setting, is get a different race track (better prep).

Just so you know, doing a capacitive discharge (reset all adaptives) on my Demon in January had a DRAMATIC effect on the performance of the car. Eliminated the Hiccup and the converter seemed to lock a lot harder.
Correct. The TCM can be tuned by just buying credits and yes there is more then 1 table that needs to adjusted so you need to know where to adjust. Frenchcat tried resting the adaptives twice with no luck but we didn't reset the Tcm as time was running out . That is the next thing is to reset the Tcm adaptives and Pcm adaptives and do a relearn and try it again as he does not want to tune the car .
On a tuned car it is an easy fix .

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
You don’t need 15’s....
I agree I could get to my goal without 15s but I really like the config so will see next season what it does.

Frenchcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
t-r
State
Non-US
Country
Canada

I reset engine and transmission adaptative in the middle of that day. After that reset, I have made maybe 6 or 7 pass without any improvements. But just to make us in context, I currently run the Incognito lower pulley since 7 weeks and with that good DA, PCM don't like it, it just can not adapt to this big contribution of air. Seen in my data logs just before hiccup almost 3 times bigger than desired in g/s. So, I will remove the Incognito before to get track this weekend.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I reset engine and transmission adaptative in the middle of that day. After that reset, I have made maybe 6 or 7 pass without any improvements. But just to make us in context, I currently run the Incognito lower pulley since 7 weeks and with that good DA, PCM don't like it, it just can not adapt to this big contribution of air. Seen in my data logs just before hiccup almost 3 times bigger than desired in g/s. So, I will remove the Incognito before to get track this weekend.
Don't rush to do that. This is the track today. 20201027_200524.jpg

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
holy crap that`s a surpriseo_O looked OK on the weekend
Did you notice the cooling lines torn up.
Ronald did that almost 20yrs ago to cool the starting line on hot days.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Did you notice the cooling lines torn up.
Ronald did that almost 20yrs ago to cool the starting line on hot days.
yes I did an recall you saying about that on the weekend, they sure want repeat business, the whole family are great an make you feel important to them[thumb]

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,431

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
@Hpindy , @oilburner ,
If you look at the picture. It looks like the cement launch pad is getting extended down the track some. 60' maybe🤷‍♂️

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,434
@Hpindy , @oilburner ,
If you look at the picture. It looks like the cement launch pad is getting extended down the track some. 60' maybe
So they are getting ready for me .....

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
So they are getting ready for me .....

lol

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The tracks website has them as open this weekend.
The cement will now extend 180' from the starting line.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,437
The tracks website has them as open this weekend.
The cement will now extend 180' from the starting line.
Excellent! I love this track !

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,438
On the way home from the track my car asked me for some new shoes . Something more suited for her alcoholism .

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point