Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Rear Seat Delete for the REDEYE

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I have it coming. Its amazing you call parts people and they tell you that its not available. Than a forum member does their job and finds it lol. Good Job!

OP
HELLB3NT

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger SRT Widebody Jailbreak
Thread Starter #22
So you can't order the 82215918 Demon kit (without owning a Demon)... but you can order the Demon specific lower panel no problem! Go figure. Now I need to calculate what is cheaper - purchase the entire 82215917 SRT Challenger kit (9 parts), or just order the 8 parts I'm missing. Waiting for the quotes...

IMG_4354.JPG IMG_4355.JPG IMG_4356.JPG

OP
HELLB3NT

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #23
Apparently both kits are now on "engineering review" and not available to order at the parts counter. I've been told by more than one source not to expect any news until December 2020? This is very frustrating - and also doesn't make sense? I can order a 2020 Redeye with the rear seat delete package - why can't I get a kit through parts?

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I understand that each item is available a la carte, but not in kit form. Naturally the cost is much higher.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Apparently both kits are now on "engineering review" and not available to order at the parts counter. I've been told by more than one source not to expect any news until December 2020? This is very frustrating - and also doesn't make sense? I can order a 2020 Redeye with the rear seat delete package - why can't I get a kit through parts?
That sucks :-( Hopefully you can get your kit sooner

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I understand that each item is available a la carte, but not in kit form. Naturally the cost is much higher.
I talked to Steve White motors about this. If you order the parts ala cart there are a couple things you will never get. One foam strip or something similar and the close out for the seat belt in the C panel. 20200405_152933.jpg

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Mine has been on order for months. I was told by the dealer that they were being released, that was 2 weeks ago I still don’t have it. But you can get everything separately, I’ve posted part numbers before but it’s at least twice as expensive.

OP
HELLB3NT

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #28
I looked into a ordering a few items separately and was told they were DEMON VIN specific as well - namely:
- 6EQ86DX9** Cap/Cover trim right (upper qtr trim)
- 6EQ87DX9** Cap/Cover trim right (upper qtr trim)
- 6EQ88DX9AB Rear package shelf

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I looked into a ordering a few items separately and was told they were DEMON VIN specific as well - namely:
- 6EQ86DX9** Cap/Cover trim right (upper qtr trim)
- 6EQ87DX9** Cap/Cover trim right (upper qtr trim)
- 6EQ88DX9AB Rear package shelf
The numbers your referring to are both Demon and Challenger. Call Andy at East Coast Moparts see if they can hook you up. John

Attachments

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I had ordered the kit last July right after someone else had finally gotten theirs. Initially I was told 2 weeks....and that two weeks kept getting pushed out. Finally after months of delays and new ship dates that were missed....I gave up and cancelled the order. It seems that all the production of them is going to cars on the assembly line or cars that have been ordered. That's the most sense that I can make of it since I keep seeing new cars with the rear delete showing up.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I had ordered the kit last July right after someone else had finally gotten theirs. Initially I was told 2 weeks....and that two weeks kept getting pushed out. Finally after months of delays and new ship dates that were missed....I gave up and cancelled the order. It seems that all the production of them is going to cars on the assembly line or cars that have been ordered. That's the most sense that I can make of it since I keep seeing new cars with the rear delete showing up.
I ordered mine and got it 7 weeks later with a 2020 RedEye wrapped around it.

If they are re engineering the Mopar Kit, it might be a good thing. The current one is not perfect. So, maybe they are going to make it better. Might be worth the wait.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

If they are re engineering the Mopar Kit, it might be a good thing. The current one is not perfect. So, maybe they are going to make it better. Might be worth the wait.
Oh....well now I know who was hogging them all up :)

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle

I don’t believe there re engineering a damn thing when you can get it individually. There just trying to rip people off by doing a la cart. JMO

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Well this sucks. This was gonna be my next mod! I’ve always wanted the rear seat delete.
If I find away to find it available.... I will post in here.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well this sucks. This was gonna be my next mod! I’ve always wanted the rear seat delete.
If I find away to find it available.... I will post in here.
Good luck!

OP
HELLB3NT

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #36
Ordered 82215917 - the SRT Challenger Version on June 24, 2020. was told it will arrive late August... I guess we will see! It cost me $666.00 Canadian including tax. Now that is a sign!

Krazzeeddie

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chesterfield
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Wide Body Scat Pack
So you can't order the 82215918 Demon kit (without owning a Demon)... but you can order the Demon specific lower panel no problem! Go figure. Now I need to calculate what is cheaper - purchase the entire 82215917 SRT Challenger kit (9 parts), or just order the 8 parts I'm missing. Waiting for the quotes...

View attachment 5508 View attachment 5509 View attachment 5510
I have a question for you, how many different plastic close out panels are there?

My car has the rear seat delete but no cut out and no plastic piece, so a buddy just let me borrow his Demon part so I can duplicate it and make some which I will start tomorrow.

The one he gave me has the same picture as you with the race tree and burn out, what version just has the Challenger doing the burnout and not the Christmas tree?

Thanks
Ed

Last edited:

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
I have a question for you, how many different plastic close out panels are there?

My car has the rear seat delete but no cut out and no plastic piece, so a buddy just let me borrow his Demon part so I can duplicate it and make some which I will start tomorrow.

The one he gave me has the same picture as you with the race tree and burn out, what version just has the Challenger doing the burnout and not the Christmas tree?

Thanks
Ed
So your saying just making 1 or a small batch to sell in here?👍😂

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
I have seen the kits from Steve White on E-Bay for a least a month. Not cheap $586

Krazzeeddie

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chesterfield
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Wide Body Scat Pack
As long as they come out like other parts I have done I will be making them in batches.:giggle: The hardest part will be what I am guessing is the one with Demon only graphic It is pretty intricate to copy with out disturbing the original the other with just the car and burn out does not look to bad,