Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeye drive shaft

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Anyone know if the bolts need replacing when doing a driveshaft swap? It appears the DS on #Kotta376 's use 8 Torx style bolts. Everything I've read regarding DS bolts keeps referring to 3 "pink bolts".
Any update this? Are there 8 bolts at the rear and 6 at the front flange?

DaveB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Penhold
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Someone on the other forum said the bolts were not torque to yield type, but he also said he would probably buy new ones for peace of mind. I haven't gotten around to changing it yet.

Kotta376

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fate
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Did you use new bolts (as per Rayzazoo's PDF) ?
No I didn’t. What I did do is clean everything thoroughly and used new loctite

Kotta376

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fate
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Someone on the other forum said the bolts were not torque to yield type, but he also said he would probably buy new ones for peace of mind. I haven't gotten around to changing it yet.
Sorry I haven’t used this forum in a bit but I have around 3000 miles on the driveshaft, and 10 or so track passes and zero issues.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Maybe the reason why Dodge is saying get new bolts is because that loctite brand they use is already applied to the new bolts and they fear new loctite might not be applied if you reuse them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kotta376

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fate
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Maybe the reason why Dodge is saying get new bolts is because that loctite brand they use is already applied to the new bolts and they fear new loctite might not be applied if you reuse them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I agree, the bolts are definitely not a torque to yield style. So Just cleaning the bolts and reapplying loctite is easy enough. There is no harm buying new bolts but that's up to the end user.

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
What is the best (year) factory DS that can go into a 2915 M6? I don't use drag tires and side stepping is no way to launch this car, so I don't think I'm too hard on the drive train. Also would my old DS fit MA,s 2010 R/T M6?
Thanks
TB