Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeye on e85

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I'm trying to think through how they bleed boost based on ethanol content %, that'd be pretty complex I think. Cool stuff none the less. Does the Diablo solution use inferred or require the sensor? I'd like to try the sensor version at some point but I'm not sure my 2016 can support it and so far I've only seen Satera offer that and it has to be in house last I read which is kind of a bummer.
Ive seen rick tapp uses this https://www.advancedfueldynamics.co...odge-charger-challenger-hellcat-red-eye-demon. He claims it is better than the Sattera box. https://fb.watch/6m0zJH_ytz/ Look at the comments.

HighHorseman

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
TopCat
I think the only down side with HHP tuning is they only use Diablo which is probably fine….
That’s the nicest insult I’ve heard all day 🤣🤣🤣

Just kidding around, but Diablo is perfectly fine for me and my customers. Software company’s are selected by either the user or by the tuner based off their own personal preference. Just because somebody likes using Mac doesn’t mean I’m going to stop using Microsoft. Diablo FTW!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
LOL @HighHorseman I'm right there with you on the MAC deal. I'm allergic to apples.

Last edited:

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
There have been some reports of the decoupler system failing in a few of the Litens pulleys. I don't think it's wide spread. I have one of the very early 2.72 Hellraiser pulleys that I've had on my car for like 3 years I think. LOTS of WOT pulls and track runs with it and no problems (knock on wood). After I installed mine one of the Litens engineers reached out asking how my install went, asked for a couple measurements, and informed me that not all of the cast blower snouts were exactly the same length and in some cases the pulley could contact the snout and have issues. Temperatures, thermal expansion of materials, etc all impacted that occurrence and I think now a small washer is included to make absolutely sure that doesn't happen. Mine doesn't have a washer though.

I think the only down side with HHP tuning is they only use Diablo which is probably fine on the tuner side, but leaves a few things to be desired on the user side as compared to HPTuners. I also don't believe Diablo can do flex fuel but not 100% sure on that. HHP has been posting some pretty nice dyno numbers on Instagram from their customer cars though regardless.
Ding ding ding! Correct on all accounts. The new Litens kits have a washer if needed. (mine as yours, also didn't need one). Good to know it's not common or widespread. And yes many big house tuners still use Diablo. I'm taking my car to TrueStreet in a few weeks for a tune and they also use Diablo. Which kinda' was a problem for me, because if I ever want to get my computer ignorant ass into the tuning side of this new era of muscle (which is now the OLD era again with EVA's coming on, LOL) I wouldn't be able to share and compare because most of the performance world is HPT. Thanks for the reply.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Ding ding ding! Correct on all accounts. The new Litens kits have a washer if needed. (mine as yours, also didn't need one). Good to know it's not common or widespread. And yes many big house tuners still use Diablo. I'm taking my car to TrueStreet in a few weeks for a tune and they also use Diablo. Which kinda' was a problem for me, because if I ever want to get my computer ignorant ass into the tuning side of this new era of muscle (which is now the OLD era again with EVA's coming on, LOL) I wouldn't be able to share and compare because most of the performance world is HPT. Thanks for the reply.
Jimmy's True Street shop does nice work!

Did you know that Diablo has a Forum https://forum.diablosport.com

Maybe you hear so many negative things about Diablo vs that you just don't see what you can do.

HPT wants you to learn to be the Tuner......... so just don't blow up your engine while learning to Tune the Modern Hemi, because it happens!

Linda :)

Last edited:

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Jimmy's True Street shop does nice work!

Did you know that Diablo has a Forum https://forum.diablosport.com

Maybe you here so many negative things about Diablo that you just don't see what you can do.

HPT wants you to learn to be the Tuner......... so just don't blow up your engine while learning to Tune the Modern Hemi, because it happens!

Jim's a great guy. I've dealt with him before when he (actually AJ at the computer helm) tuned my old '09 Magnuson charged SRT. It's not that I've heard negative things about Diablo it's just not the most widely used anymore. Plus I heard the hardware/software is way more expensive than HPT. (I guess that's a negative. LOL)

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Jim's a great guy. I've dealt with him before when he (actually AJ at the computer helm) tuned my old '09 Magnuson charged SRT. It's not that I've heard negative things about Diablo it's just not the most widely used anymore. Plus I heard the hardware/software is way more expensive than HPT. (I guess that's a negative. LOL)
I think you should actually compare the prices because Diablo can be similar or even cheaper than HPT. BTW Jimmy still has AJ Tuning for True Street.
Also there is a Diablo Reviewer that you can download from their site to use for info on your Datalogs.

I personally know Jimmy ;)
You will be all good because you just want to have a trusted Tune to Go out and Enjoy All The Fassst Fun!

Last edited:

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
1) BTW Jimmy still has AJ Tuning for True Street.(y)
2)You will be all good because you just want to have a trusted Tune to Go out and Enjoy All The Fassst Fun!(y)

That's pretty much the reasons right there.:)

HighHorseman

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
TopCat
Unfortunately this thread about one man’s build has turned into a “let’s bash Diablo“ thread with a lot of really bad and wrong information being spread. I hope anybody who reads the thread sees that what’s been posted is merely one person’s personal opinion and shouldn’t even be in this post to begin with.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Lol this forum is notorious for meandering threads.

Last edited:

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Unfortunately this thread about one man’s build has turned into a “let’s bash Diablo“ thread with a lot of really bad and wrong information being spread. I hope anybody who reads the thread sees that what’s been posted is merely one person’s personal opinion and shouldn’t even be in this post to begin with.
Didn't mean to offend (if I was even being referenced to as part of the bashing). Just stating what I have talked to others about (price) and how Diablo has lost market share. You gotta admit most are using HPT.
BTW I respect your work and so does Jim at TrueStreet. When I dealt with him @4yrs ago he said your a nice guy and you know each other.(as do most big tuners in the field). You have a professional website site also. I bought my entire Litens setup from you @ a month ago, and a Mishimoto 180 thermostat (father's day weekend sale thing) and a set of Stainless works pipes @2wks ago, plus all the supporting hardware on my original Litens setup. Sooo....I am also a customer. ;).. Hope to deal with you again. You guys are professional and quick shippers!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Ha, I've bought quite a bit of stuff form HHP too and Josh doesn't even like me all that much LOL. They are a professional outfit.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Ha, I've bought quite a bit of stuff form HHP too and Josh doesn't even like me all that much LOL. They are a professional outfit.
LOL @Speedy the OP posted his build and was Ecstatic. Come on now you made the " downside " post 😯
There are Many Top and Very Well known Hellcat Tuners using Diablo.
They are all professional!
What this thread is showing that the world of Tuning is changing again.
Remember once upon a time it was E-85 and HPT and a different set of Tuners.

Now yes you can use Diablomotorsports for E-85 :cool:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Ah, @Linda's Hell Cat re-reading my post I can see that now. Apologies to OP and HHP. I'll clean this up. Bad ass car @Machran

OP
Machran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Havre de grace
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Redeye
Thread Starter #35
LOL @Speedy the OP posted his build and was Ecstatic. Come on now you made the " downside " post 😯
There are Many Top and Very Well known Hellcat Tuners using Diablo.
They are all professional!
What this thread is showing that the world of Tuning is changing again.
Remember once upon a time it was E-85 and HPT and a different set of Tuners.

Now yes you can use Diablomotorsports for E-85 :cool:

This is why people don’t post stuff. I couldn’t care less. I paid HHP because I believe in Josh. I will listen to him. He’s done hundreds of these cars. This isn’t my first rodeo when it comes to modding a car. You find someone you trust and listen to them. Not some keyboard wanna be.

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Sorry about that, I get all caught up in the techie stuff sometimes and forget the original intent of the original post. My bad. Thread's cleaned up now and congrats on the car and I'll watch that more closely in the future.

Last edited:
OP
Machran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Havre de grace
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Redeye
Thread Starter #37
Sorry about that, I get all caught up in the techie stuff sometimes and forget the original intent of the original post. My bad. Thread's cleaned up now and congrats on the car and I'll watch that more closely in the future.
Doesn’t bother me at all but I can see where people see it as a negative post. To me discussion is always good.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
How's the car doing? Any 1/4 mile times by chance?

OP
Machran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Havre de grace
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Redeye
Thread Starter #39
How's the car doing? Any 1/4 mile times by chance?
It’s amazing. I switched it over to pump gas to store it and then back to e85 this spring. It didn’t miss a beat. I haven’t been to the track yet. I just haven’t made time

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Something new (old) to talk about. Instead of installing a boost a pump why not install bigger fuel pumps? May even be cheaper for the pumps