Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

REDEYE: Spare tire and more weights and measures.

OP
coolblue

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #41
Just ordered a pair. Had them add the hubcentric lip. Even found a coupon code online for another $10 off my order. Thanks again for the info.
Thanks for clarifying the earlier post and showing the spacers being talked about. Luckily my custom 'Performance Spare' brand rim is already very close to the proper offset and would only need a "shim" style 3MM shim (5MM the most) to clear even the 6 piston calipers. You do realize the spacers/ adapters that your ordering now have the stud pressed in aluminum not steel or iron. On a temp fix like a flat tire replacement I might be ok with that, but for a long term solution like you have using the R/T rims I would not be. @motorhead says he has been ordering the adapters for years on some of his apps and I'm sure those weren't always used gingerly so I would defer to him on this.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Thanks for clarifying the earlier post and showing the spacers being talked about. Luckily my custom 'Performance Spare' brand rim is already very close to the proper offset and would only need a "shim" style 3MM shim (5MM the most) to clear even the 6 piston calipers. You do realize the spacers/ adapters that your ordering now have the stud pressed in aluminum not steel or iron. On a temp fix like a flat tire replacement I might be ok with that, but for a long term solution like you have using the R/T rims I would not be. @motorhead says he has been ordering the adapters for years on some of his apps and I'm sure those weren't always used gingerly so I would defer to him on this.
I've done more than a few track days (drag and autocross) as well as a lot of spirited daily driving on wheel adapters (and spacers) - some as thick as 2.5 or 3 inches. The thing is you need to install them properly on clean and true surfaces with a good torque wrench. They are no different than installing any other aluminum wheel. As for their construction (steel stud in an aluminum hub), again the odds of material failure are low if everything is treated with respect.

On really high torque vehicles I would (where ever possible) avoid placing them on the drive wheels as it just introduces more variables when racing - on a spare tire to get you to a tires shop I wouldn't hesitate; and on the front non-drive wheels I wouldn't hesitate to use them to space out a spare or a set of skinnies (assuming your alignment is solid).

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Well if you think that you'll only need the 3-5 mm worth of spacer....don't buy them just yet.....I'll have mine for sale, and will make you a nice deal on them...if you're interested. I have two sets of the 3mm that I have stacked on each wheel now for 6mm total. I plan to move away from the R/T wheels and get some different ones.

OP
coolblue

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #44
Well if you think that you'll only need the 3-5 mm worth of spacer....don't buy them just yet.....I'll have mine for sale, and will make you a nice deal on them...if you're interested. I have two sets of the 3mm that I have stacked on each wheel now for 6mm total. I plan to move away from the R/T wheels and get some different ones.
Hey thanks but like I said I can get'm on E-bay for @$30 including shipping. If your gonna give me a "deal" and pay shipping you'll be making like 5 bucks. LOL. IF they're machined, not cast, and hub centric I'll buy'm from you for same deal (@$30) even if they're used, just so you don't have to waste'm. Let me know. I'm in no rush.

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Hey thanks but like I said I can get'm on E-bay for @$30 including shipping. If your gonna give me a "deal" and pay shipping you'll be making like 5 bucks. LOL. IF they're machined, not cast, and hub centric I'll buy'm from you for same deal (@$30) even if they're used, just so you don't have to waste'm. Let me know. I'm in no rush.
I have two sets of these (4 spacers total). this is where I got them.

https://www.custombilletstore.net/product_p/4000.htm

and of course...NOW they're on sale.....typical for me :)

OP
coolblue

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #46

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
LOL. I'm good with the billet technology machined spacers. Let me know whenever your ready.
will do. should be soon.