Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeye upgrade

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Following and I don't even have a RE LOL.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
@Maxboost right gotcha. So yours is a custom tune and normally the basic package HO would read 840 is what I guess I'm asking. I'm assuming he can customize the number part to read whatever you want? Not that I'm interested in making the numbers show 1500 HO or anything just curious how all this works so far. Thanks.
From my understanding there are limits to what it can read. I think it can go as low as 22hp and as high as 1022hp. They can set it to any number you want between those.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm interested in learning more about the drag suspension setting. Again, there's nothing super detailed that I can read to understand all of the specifics here...just trying my best to understand.

If this unlocks the drag suspension setting, am I to correctly infer that the shocks are the same on a Redeye and a Demon? That the only difference would be what electronic signals they are receiving and how those signals change whatever internal 'thing' that controls rebound/comp? Obviously the springs and sway bars are different, but if the shocks are just a tune away from behaving like a Demon's, that would add a considerable amount of value.

I'm still considering this mod despite the warranty aspect. I wouldn't even consider this to be 'modding' really on a Redeye if I got just the basic 500/808/840 setup. That's what motor and driveline is in the car already. It was designed for that so the car wouldn't be taken outside of factory design parameters.
The demon has different and softer springs than the Redeye. So no matter what it will be easier to launch despite settings. The drag mode settings likely give you optimal settings for drag racing. Similar to street is softest for suspension, and track is best for transmission. The biggest difference is that you no longer have to go into custom mode and setup each one the way you want. Drag mode will do what's best for drag racing (You'd need demon springs to take full advantage of this setting). It's possible the drag mode for transmission might change shift points and shift interval timing too. Either way it should in theory be the best mode for drag racing, just like it is for the Demon. Not only that, but the killer chiller will work in drag mode too, which is a big plus. I'm not sure on the shocks from Demon to RE, I think they are the same.

While this HO setup is made for our engines (same as Demon), it didn't come factory with it. So I'd consider it a mod. Considering we also have to use a Tazer to make it work and the Demon doesn't is even more reason it's a mod. If it's not factory it's a mod, otherwise your warranty would be intact too!

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
I know the springs are different, it’s in my post. And I know technically it’s a mod but I think you missed my point.

Also, sounds like you don’t know the answer about the shocks.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Sorry if I came across as a dick in my last post. I’m just trying to find out actual info. I can speculate just about good as anyone else can.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Sorry if I came across as a dick in my last post. I’m just trying to find out actual info. I can speculate just about good as anyone else can.

LOL... ya Dick. :D

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
On the topic of front springs, I have seen numerous Demons hook initially, top the front suspension and then unload the rear tires. I'm now wondering if the stiffer, shorter Redeye spring will slow the topping on the front suspension and perhaps work well w the Demon shock settings?

It would be interesting to see a real world test using each spring. Maybe @Phast Hemi knows something about this? Or perhaps someone here has already been down this road and can chime in w their experiences?

Detroit Muscle

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Apple Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Very impressive!

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
The power status says 1,022 HP and "High Octane Fuel Activated". How do it know to say 1,022 HP and can that possibly be correct?

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Makes you wonder if Hellcats are just a BCM (2018+), Center 8.4 screen (2018+), HO lower stack, Tazer, and Custom Tune swap away from having something similar.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
The power status says 1,022 HP and "High Octane Fuel Activated". How do it know to say 1,022 HP and can that possibly be correct?
The tuner puts whatever number you want it to say in (the number is limited from 22hp-1022hp IIRC). The number doesn't reflect the actual amount of hp, it's just for looks. I will have mine read 840hp just like the Demon's if I do it.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'd have mine read "All of It" LOL

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
I honestly don't think the trans tuning is the same between the Demon and RE in Track mode. I've mentioned this before. We know the RE trans tuning is set up for road courses not drag racing. I can't be the only one to see/hear the differences. Watching vids the shifts from a Demon in track mode are very quick and firm with no blipping (bark in the exhaust) before each up shift. With the RE they programmed a softer upshift (and downshifting) to not upset the cars suspension during road course racing. I've noticed a slight blip during upshifts making it hit softer (and slower) in Track mode compared to the Demon. As most know smooth is fast at road courses. I noticed the trans shifting firmer/quicker in Sport than in Race. Am I the only one that notices this?

Last edited:

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I honestly don't think the trans tuning is the same between the Demon and RE in Track mode. I've mentioned this before. We know the RE trans tuning is set up for road courses not drag racing. I can't be the only one to see/hear the differences. Watching vids the shifts from a Demon in track mode are very quick and firm with no blipping (bark in the exhaust) before each up shift. With the RE they programmed a softer upshift (and downshifting) to not upset the cars suspension during road course racing. I've noticed a slight blip during upshifts making it hit softer (and slower) compared to the Demon. As most know smooth is fast at road courses. I noticed the trans shifts firmer/quicker in Sport than in Race. Am I the only one that notices this?
Agreed completely. The Demon shift sounds much more appropriate for a drag strip.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Makes you wonder if Hellcats are just a BCM (2018+), Center 8.4 screen (2018+), HO lower stack, Tazer, and Custom Tune swap away from having something similar.
For sure.
You won't have the power ceiling of the RE, but people have already upgraded to several of those components and it works. I believe they also replaced their center console section as well, since that is integrated with uConnect.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I honestly don't think the trans tuning is the same between the Demon and RE in Track mode. I've mentioned this before. We know the RE trans tuning is set up for road courses not drag racing. I can't be the only one to see/hear the differences. Watching vids the shifts from a Demon in track mode are very quick and firm with no blipping (bark in the exhaust) before each up shift. With the RE they programmed a softer upshift (and downshifting) to not upset the cars suspension during road course racing. I've noticed a slight blip during upshifts making it hit softer (and slower) in Track mode compared to the Demon. As most know smooth is fast at road courses. I noticed the trans shifting firmer/quicker in Sport than in Race. Am I the only one that notices this?
I'll check. I have both factory cals.

OP
Maxboost

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Thread Starter #78
I can no longer say stock tuning! More to follow

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I can no longer say stock tuning! More to follow
I didn't think it'd take you long to want to push that HO button!(y)

Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
On the topic of front springs, I have seen numerous Demons hook initially, top the front suspension and then unload the rear tires. I'm now wondering if the stiffer, shorter Redeye spring will slow the topping on the front suspension and perhaps work well w the Demon shock settings?

It would be interesting to see a real world test using each spring. Maybe @Phast Hemi knows something about this? Or perhaps someone here has already been down this road and can chime in w their experiences?
Hello Bo,

I have been looking into this for a while. The drag mode suspension setting is only partly comprised of an valving adjustment in the stock shocks. The other 2/3's of the equation involve the springs ( as others have mentioned) and the rear spindles. Demon utilizes a slightly different rear spindle than a hellcat or redeye which allows for slightly more positive camber in the rear thereby planting more of tire parallel to the road surface on launch. Im still compiling data on how much each of these aspects is worth in terms of any launch improvements. I do have feedback from trusted sources on the springs at this point, still working on the rest.