Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Resale value on Durango SRT after last call?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Speaking of buying while you can.

Apparently my Durango order is now scheduled (again). Would really like to change the order to a Base, primarily to avoid getting a sunroof and 3rd seat, but also don't want to rock the boat too much.

And prices have gone up enough since the order was placed that the difference between a Base and a Plus isn't that great anymore. I'll try just changing the color to Vapor Gray instead.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Yea, the 392 Jeep and/or a TRX are all they have left that I have any interest in and don't have in the fleet.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well, that's an easy choice.

TRX.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I would love both! Actuality I want a 6.4 in the Gladiator! Maybe they’ll do it before they stop production with the V8s. It seems whatever they do on the Wrangler comes out on Gladiator a model year or so later.

OP
P
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nunya
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Durango R/T
Thread Starter #25
New poster to see what we think? For one thing we cannot be sure you can score a big V8 new in the future. What does that tell ya?

If your borrowing cash for a weekend vehicle? WTF? That is another story, you have other things to consider. These vehicles cannot be considered investments. Mine is a keeper for a long time because my collection of toys and vehicles are going to stop soon and I am going out to the big house on the prairie and just watch and enjoy myself with friends and loved ones. The country is going to hell unless the next election is NOT rigged.

Won’t sell anyone my new ‘23 for at least $15-20k more than I paid including sales tax. Too hard to score another, the unit is way too nice compared to other shit on the market for the same cost right now. My buddy has one of those new Lincoln Aviator deals. It don’t ride 1/2 as nice or quiet as the DDSRT. Dont have the adjustable drive modes. Don’t sound for shit at all like the 392. Not half as cool. Don’t run as smooth. Don’t tow like it either. Costs the same or more. We would have to spend at least $100k on something else or attempt to order another, and there is no guarantee that would happen at this point.

What do you think OP? Interest rates are expensive, inflation is continuing to climb AND a damn Depression is going to happen. That is going to suck for anyone who don’t have a boatload of cash or solid property as assets. So be careful, sir. Don’t be a loser.
I agree with most of this, but purchasing cars are never 100% logic and 0% emotion. I don't need a car. I have a family car. I work remotely. But, I love the DSRT. I can't sit comfortably in sedan. I'm not going to go broke, but yeah, I'm not dropping $85k cash either. By this logic I should get a bicycle.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I agree with most of this, but purchasing cars are never 100% logic and 0% emotion.
If that were true there's an awful lot of very boring cars that would've never been bought.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I got no emotion into my purchase. Needed a new DD. Got a mistress REWB, I have not driven since October. Waiting on a new Corvette for another toy and HPDE events because I love to make left and right turns and drive the shit out of my car safely and legally. Logically for a lot of reasons ordered a DDSRT 392 to tow my shit around and have for my year around DD up here where we have real winters.
WTF is emotion?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I agree with most of this, but purchasing cars are never 100% logic and 0% emotion. I don't need a car. I have a family car. I work remotely. But, I love the DSRT. I can't sit comfortably in sedan. I'm not going to go broke, but yeah, I'm not dropping $85k cash either. By this logic I should get a bicycle.
Why ask what we think again?

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Thought it was kind of weird that you are thinking about a Durango for a weekend/toy car, that's what the Challenger is for!

Have you tried to sit in a Charger or Challenger? They can accommodate pretty large people, but I understand they are not for everyone. Biggest thing about the Charger or Challenger over a Jeep/Durango/TRX is they are so much faster once you get rolling it's not even close.

Last edited:

Dan Trimix

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fort White
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 SRT Premium
I prefer to breathe and remain calm. As I sit on a new ’23 DDSRT, I look behind at the next two generations of gear heads. Suffice it to say, as long as there’s fuel, there’s buyers for our hot rods. Cheers

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
No one cause it will be electric and have a 500 mile range and really fast..... PPl will buy that tho. Including me! Since I have retired I have realized that HALF of my expenses every month is FUEL.

Yep, I own a Trackhawk, Redeye, Ram 1500 and a couple other toys and ALL get awful gas mileage lol. I need something fast that can tow that doesnt cost me $300 a week in gas smh.

My Ram get 13 mpg with a 6 inch lift and 35 inch tires. Pretty pathetic actually. Dam Redeye makes a 1000 hp and get 14 mpg smh. Better than the Ram tho..... Forget the Trackhawk that get like 6-8 on E85 lol. I can literally smash it and watch the fuel gauge go like an RPM gauge..... but in reverse smfh.

Who is going to buy a 1500 Ram with a V6?

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
No one cause it will be electric and have a 500 mile range and really fast..... PPl will buy that tho. Including me! Since I have retired I have realized that HALF of my expenses every month is FUEL.

Yep, I own a Trackhawk, Redeye, Ram 1500 and a couple other toys and ALL get awful gas mileage lol. I need something fast that can tow that doesnt cost me $300 a week in gas smh.

My Ram get 13 mpg with a 6 inch lift and 35 inch tires. Pretty pathetic actually. Dam Redeye makes a 1000 hp and get 14 mpg smh. Better than the Ram tho..... Forget the Trackhawk that get like 6-8 on E85 lol. I can literally smash it and watch the fuel gauge go like an RPM gauge..... but in reverse smfh.
Just think that if you bought a vehicle and didn't modify it?

You might save money in the short term but you won't in the long term. Just wait until the battery starts getting weak, which it does right from the beginning and you have to replace it or worse yet, the value of the vehicle doesn't warrant replacing the battery, it's now worthless and you pissed that money away?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle

Odd, my modified Redeye gets over 20 mpg and runs like a raped ape that can’t get traction at under a 100 mph with WOT? At least get a new tune version for the street. WTF does 1000 hp do for you on the street except bragging rights and bad mileage you can post about?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
My Ram get 13 mpg with a 6 inch lift and 35 inch tires.
If you bought it that way, put it back to stock and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
New 392 DDSRT 400 miles now, achieving 19 mpg, at 77 mph; interstate driving this morning. One of the smoothest vehicles I have driven.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
New 392 DDSRT 400 miles now, achieving 19 mpg, at 77 mph; interstate driving this morning. One of the smoothest vehicles I have driven.
It's the Mercedes well engineered platform.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

They are "tight" too! Or "crisp" comes to mind.