Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Say it ain't so, Ron !!

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
@DRAGRCR, I purchased my Charger Hellcat at Rydell, San Fernando. Did you order from them? I had no complaints...gave me a very fair price on my trade in.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Not really. Other than I think it would be nice to have it ready to race when the tracks open back up and possibly be able to enjoy the car and kill some time putting the break in miles on it. In the mean time I will be fooling around having tires mounted etc.
Ahh, OK. Makes sense.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
@DRAGRCR, I purchased my Charger Hellcat at Rydell, San Fernando. Did you order from them? I had no complaints...gave me a very fair price on my trade in.
I ordered from someone else. Someone closer to me.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Ahh, OK. Makes sense.
Plus there is the issue with rebates. Maybe they will drop them. Maybe not. I am not sure if they are locked in on an ordered car.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I must say in these times, it's nice to have a long thread to follow, hopefully one that will have a happy ending soon!

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I must say in these times, it's nice to have a long thread to follow, hopefully one that will have a happy ending soon!
I will say I have a close Friend that has a 19 Hellcat Challenger and it hauls ass. We are thinking it is because the IHI Blower had a running change/update and FCA kept the HP rating the same. The other reason is he took a lot of weight out of it. I was considering getting a Base Scat Pack or a 1320 one seat car. I honestly think the 1320 does NOT have a high stall converter, so I think the ET advantage is lighter weight and the Suspension combined with the Nexen OEM tires. FCA's expected time is on stock tires. Anyhow, I had a 2015 SRT 392 and I dug out all the time slips and compared them. I never ever did anything to lighten that car and it had every available option. I only wonder if I had took out the weight what it would have run. I suspect in -1200 DA with the weight out it would have run with any of the faster 1320's out there.

OK, now to my point: I am going to leave my PCM/TCM tunes stock. At least for the forseeable future. I really like to run a stock tune and just make passes and enjoy the car. Tuning adds one more aspect to the car that I do not find particularly enjoyable. But I am going to do all the typical economical weight reduction methods to make the car faster.

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
So with everything that’s going on with the market, are you getting a good deal? Discounts plus 0% financing are been offered from the big 3.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
I will say I have a close Friend that has a 19 Hellcat Challenger and it hauls ass. We are thinking it is because the IHI Blower had a running change/update and FCA kept the HP rating the same.
Can you expound on this? If you are comfortable doing so, obviously.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
They are going to give em away soon, inventory. the warranties will be out before selling. What are they going to do send out an army of Jiffy Lube and start changing oils in packs of 50s. They are not all under roofs. Going to be one hell of a sell off on a lot of stuff. Talkin about a blue light pole special.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I will say I have a close Friend that has a 19 Hellcat Challenger and it hauls ass. We are thinking it is because the IHI Blower had a running change/update and FCA kept the HP rating the same.
Ron do you have any idea when this may have happened. Just curious as after my blower was changed last May. My car is noticeably quicker. My original gaskets were leaking quite a bit of oil. So there is that.🤷‍♂️

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Ron do you have any idea when this may have happened. Just curious as after my blower was changed last May. My car is noticeably quicker. My original gaskets were leaking quite a bit of oil. So there is that.🤷‍♂️
I heard that most if not all 2019's will have the updated blower. I also saw somewhere someone posted that the SAE HP for the Hellcat motor is now 747 or something like that and FCA just left the official HP at 717. I am not really an authority on this. Just what my friend was telling me as we were discussing his car's performance. He was running 134 MPH at Bakersfield in something like +800 DA and absolutely no tail wind or anything else weird. He had not even maxed out his weight reduction at that point either and the car has picked up more since ( has reset his 1/8th MPH & ET PB since by a couple MPH). I honestly do not think the electric power steering picked the Hellcats up that much. So it makes sense that there is more to it.

Performance Bargan = Leftover base Hellcat Autos. I considered this as well. They are out there for <50K New.

@HRJ

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
So with everything that’s going on with the market, are you getting a good deal? Discounts plus 0% financing are been offered from the big 3.
On my ordered car I am getting Friends & Family price plus rebates. Not really a killer price but he is a Friend and I kind of got hooked into the deal. In this case there will most likely be other benfits other than an ought right low price, if you can imagine. Also this is not carved in stone, so maybe he will sweeten the deal when we actually sit down to sign papers.

I won't lease because I cannot stand being locked into something. What if another Halo Car is announced in 6 months and I am on a 36 month lease. Oh Noooooo............So I will probably pay cash since I have the $$$ from selling my Demon.

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Local dealer here has a 2020 black regular body redeye with quite a few options, $83.5 MSRP they will sell for $69.7 and it’s 2.69% for 84 months fwiw...

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Local dealer here has a 2020 black regular body redeye with quite a few options, $83.5 MSRP they will sell for $69.7 and it’s 2.69% for 84 months fwiw...
I am getting almost that much off a stripped RedEye. Plus that car is not even on my radar. I am determined to not have a Power Tilt & Telescoping Steering Column. I want a base car and do not want any options that will add weight and cost. So even though that car has a nice discount it is still going to cost me way more because the MSRP is so much higher. I am expecting my ordered car to be around $71,500 out the door and that car would be $77,700. I happened to ALMOST go for a Base Scat Auto just to put the great save on this deal. So no way am I going to spend more on a RedEye that is logical.

Thanks anyways. BTW, White Trash resently texted me he knows of a 2020 RedEye with a MSRP of 89K that has a discount of $19,000 off sticker. If I wanted a lot of options that would be something of interest for sure.

I want a Manual adjustable Column because the Power Columns won't adjust any more after you remove the drivers seat. I want to still be able to adjust after I install my racing seat. This is damn near a must have for me. Although I am going to eventually design a workaround for the ones that need it someday. I am still waiting on someone to donate wiring diagrams so I can do this.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I am getting almost that much off a stripped RedEye. Plus that car is not even on my radar. I am determined to not have a Power Tilt & Telescoping Steering Column. I want a base car and do not want any options that will add weight and cost. So even though that car has a nice discount it is still going to cost me way more because the MSRP is so much higher. I am expecting my ordered car to be around $71,500 out the door and that car would be $77,700. I happened to ALMOST go for a Base Scat Auto just to put the great save on this deal. So no way am I going to spend more on a RedEye that is logical.

Thanks anyways. BTW, White Trash resently texted me he knows of a 2020 RedEye with a MSRP of 89K that has a discount of $19,000 off sticker. If I wanted a lot of options that would be something of interest for sure.

I want a Manual adjustable Column because the Power Columns won't adjust any more after you remove the drivers seat. I want to still be able to adjust after I install my racing seat. This is damn near a must have for me. Although I am going to eventually design a workaround for the ones that need it someday. I am still waiting on someone to donate wiring diagrams so I can do this.
Ron. If you ever find a workaround for getting my dead power steering column to work I will be all over that.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Ron. If you ever find a workaround for getting my dead power steering column to work I will be all over that.
Actually Marc, if I did get a Power Column RedEye, then you would be way more likely to get a workaround from me. Mainly because I would have a car to work on and test. But I think good wiring diagrams will get it done.

One expensive thing with the Bypass harnesses for the airbag light is getting the connector and pins with wire stubs to make them. It will unfortunately be the same for the Column workaround. We may have to buy $60 actual Hellcat harnesses to cut apart just to get 2 connectors to make a jumper harness. All the Hellcat stuff is expensive. One good thing is I have cut apart a few Hellcat harnesses just to reverse engineer the airbag light harness so I have a very limited supply of the connectors that will probably be needed. So I should be able to make something to beta test.......

The reason is the repair kits to get connectors/pins/wires are actually MORE expensive than actual harnesses. I have cut apart probably 50 brand new harnesses and seat belt buckles. If you saw me do it you would freak out........

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Actually Marc, if I did get a Power Column RedEye, then you would be way more likely to get a workaround from me. Mainly because I would have a car to work on and test. But I think good wiring diagrams will get it done.

One expensive thing with the Bypass harnesses for the airbag light is getting the connector and pins with wire stubs to make them. It will unfortunately be the same for the Column workaround. We may have to buy $60 actual Hellcat harnesses to cut apart just to get 2 connectors to make a jumper harness. All the Hellcat stuff is expensive. One good thing is I have cut apart a few Hellcat harnesses just to reverse engineer the airbag light harness so I have a very limited supply of the connectors that will probably be needed. So I should be able to make something to beta test.......

The reason is the repair kits to get connectors/pins/wires are actually MORE expensive than actual harnesses. I have cut apart probably 50 brand new harnesses and seat belt buckles. If you saw me do it you would freak out........
I understand. It would be worth it to me because of my cage. With the door bars in, getting in and out is more difficult because of where I have the steering wheel placed to be comfortable for me driving the car. I had my cage designed so the door bars are removable for street use but when at the track they are bolted in and do not swing out. I wasn’t thinking about the steering wheel being locked in place with the stock seat out. I have removed and sold the leather covers to a member here and still have the seat carcass so all of that wiring and connectors are still intact. I had no idea that it might be possible to make the steering wheel movable again.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Well, I recieved some really good news yesterday. The Indigo Blue car that is my backup plan car and has my name on it as a sold car is on a Rail Car in the US ! I was told it is passing through Kansas City MO. That is a huge milestone, because up till now I did not know if either car would ship from the Upfitter in Windsor. Now it looks like both cars will ship to the dealers , UNLESS the upfitter suddenly closes in the mean time.

So the plan is to stay pat and wait until the Indigo Blue car arrives at the dealership. At that point if the Frostbite ordered car is on a train, I am going to give my salesman on the Indigo car the chance to steal the deal. But he has to absolutely KILL it on the price. Not sure if he will do that or not. The reason is the Indigo car has NAV, that I do not want, VS the Frostbite car that has the rear seat delete that only cost $1 and the SRT Spoiler that I do want. So even though the Indigo car is $201 cheaper MSRP it will cose me about $1000 out of pocket to add the SRT Spoiler and the Rear Seat Delete group and that is with me doing the work.

If the Frostbite car is not advancing and on a Train, I will probably make the best deal I can on the Indigo car and drive it. I figure I have 2-3 weeks before that happens. That should be plenty of time for the Upfitter to finish it and ship it out.

I want that Frostbite car because it is setup exactly how I want. BUT, that Indigo Blue IS one of my top color choices.
. 2019-Dodge-Challenger-Hellcat-Indigo-Blue-7116.jpg

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Well, I recieved some really good news yesterday. The Indigo Blue car that is my backup plan car and has my name on it as a sold car is on a Rail Car in the US ! I was told it is passing through Kansas City MO. That is a huge milestone, because up till now I did not know if either car would ship from the Upfitter in Windsor. Now it looks like both cars will ship to the dealers , UNLESS the upfitter suddenly closes in the mean time.

So the plan is to stay pat and wait until the Indigo Blue car arrives at the dealership. At that point if the Frostbite ordered car is on a train, I am going to give my salesman on the Indigo car the chance to steal the deal. But he has to absolutely KILL it on the price. Not sure if he will do that or not. The reason is the Indigo car has NAV, that I do not want, VS the Frostbite car that has the rear seat delete that only cost $1 and the SRT Spoiler that I do want. So even though the Indigo car is $201 cheaper MSRP it will cose me about $1000 out of pocket to add the SRT Spoiler and the Rear Seat Delete group and that is with me doing the work.

If the Frostbite car is not advancing and on a Train, I will probably make the best deal I can on the Indigo car and drive it. I figure I have 2-3 weeks before that happens. That should be plenty of time for the Upfitter to finish it and ship it out.

I want that Frostbite car because it is setup exactly how I want. BUT, that Indigo Blue IS one of my top color choices.
. View attachment 15240
Striking.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
All this work and I only got 1 pound out of this seat bracket. I spent about 4 hours on this. You have to love those Blair Cutters. They cut and cut and cut and cut..........I gave some of the weight back, because I upgraded the bolts from four grade 5, 1/4" bolts to four Grade 8, 5/16" nylock nuts and bolts. I just could not see four 1/4" bolts holding the seat tracks (2 ea) to this bracket being strong enough in a crash.

. 0404201353a.jpg