Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stinkeye Challenger build....

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Holy cow congrats on that 60ft. Sorry about the trans. Did the car leave perfectly straight? Can't tell but the picture looks as if the driver side came up a lot more then the passenger? Maybe just a illusion.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #742
Holy cow congrats on that 60ft. Sorry about the trans. Did the car leave perfectly straight? Can't tell but the picture looks as if the driver side came up a lot more then the passenger? Maybe just a illusion.
You’re right it did. The bars were way too low to begin with. There is so much rotation with this live axle that they need to be another 1.5 to 2 inches up with a spring tension adjustment on the bars themselves. I talked to the designer/builder of the DragPak setup I’m using and we went over the slow motion video of what was going on. I need to adjust shock settings both front and rear and put preload into the track bar to keep the left front/right rear from torquing over like that. Even with as far off as everything was, it left like a rocket. Nothing like the IRS even with the mid 1.2 sixty I’ve run previously. There’s also about a 300 lb weight loss to consider when looking at performance overall. The car did actually go straight in spite of the starting line drama. I’m looking forward to one hell of a fun ride. I will say that not being able to see the track in front of me because all I can see is the hood was different. 😳

Last edited:

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
You’re right it did. The bars were way too low to begin with. There is so much rotation with this live axle that they need to be another 1.5 to 2 inches up with a spring tension adjustment on the bars themselves. I talked to the designer/builder of the DragPak setup I’m using and we went over the slow motion video of what was going on. I need to adjust shock settings both front and rear and put preload into the track bar to keep the left front/right rear from torquing over like that. Even with as far off as everything was, it left like a rocket. Nothing like the IRS even with the mid 1.2 sixty I’ve run previously. There’s also about a 300 lb weight loss to consider when looking at performance overall. The car did actually go straight in spite of the starting line drama. I’m looking forward to one hell of a fun ride. I will say that not being able to see the track in front of me because all I can see is the hood was different. 😳
So that 1.1 60ft as crazy impressive as it is will only get better once you get the suspension and wheelie bars are dialed in. Holy cow man your hauling ass. Can't wait for results once you get everything dialed in.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #744
So that 1.1 60ft as crazy impressive as it is will only get better once you get the suspension and wheelie bars are dialed in. Holy cow man your hauling ass. Can't wait for results once you get everything dialed in.
Just to be clear.... that 1.1 was a 1.19 (I rounded down). While that’s good.... it’s just barely 😝. A number of Hellcats and Demons have run low 1.2’s and I think Zdung has a 1.19 to his credit with the IRS and coil overs. He’s at about the same weight as I am now. I think the 4-link is going to be a huge benefit on tracks where the prep or conditions will be less than perfect and I hope to see mid to even low 1.1’s at some point in the future. Of coarse when that happens then dreams of 1.0’s start.

Last edited:

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Breaking parts sucks . Good sixty for a shake down run . Looks like you are going in the right direction with your car .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #746
Breaking parts sucks . Good sixty for a shake down run . Looks like you are going in the right direction with your car .

Well that’s part of the race and learn thing. Once we find out exactly what damage there is then I’ll have to make decisions on what if anything to upgrade in this trans. They can make them as strong as needed at the expense of my bank account. The biggest decision on the horizon is going to concern the supercharger. I don’t know enough about what we have in store with the new Whipples. The DragPak versions of those require stand alone tuning. Can’t be done with the factory computer. That would require basically going full race car with the elimination of all the street car accessories I have now. I really want to keep it like it is, but damn... the obstacles the pcm and current electronic throttle bodies present are annoying at best.

Last edited:

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Well that’s part of the race and learn thing. Once we find out exactly what damage there is then I’ll have to make decisions on what if anything to upgrade in this trans. They can make them as strong as needed at the expense of my bank account. The biggest decision on the horizon is going to concern the supercharger. I don’t know enough about what we have in store with the new Whipples. The DragPak versions of those require stand alone tuning. Can’t be done with the factory computer. That would require basically going full race car with the elimination of all the street car accessories I have now. I really want to keep it like it is, but damn... the obstacles the pcm and current electronic throttle bodies present are annoying at best.
No kidding eh . You spend a ton of time dialing in your car then you go and change something and have to start all over . Lol it will be interesting to see what broke in the trans and what they want to upgrade . How does the car drive and handle with the 4 link?

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #748
No kidding eh . You spend a ton of time dialing in your car then you go and change something and have to start all over . Lol it will be interesting to see what broke in the trans and what they want to upgrade . How does the car drive and handle with the 4 link?

The initial feeling is that the front end comes up like some kind of magic. The push is strong and straight. It needs to be cause you can’t really see where you’re going. I was told that it’s probably the sprag in the trans. Down track on the first data pass it went very straight. It was the easiest and most leisurely 9.1 run you could imagine. No regrets or concerns about going to the 4-link. It’s well designed and properly installed and passed its initial test with flying colors.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
That was always an issue with solid axle cars . The left front coming up higher then the right . Lots of adjusting in the 4 link will fix that . I'd love to see a go pro video of your rear suspension working on launch .

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You're really going to post some ridiculous numbers once she's dialed in! I can't wait to see them.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #751
With summer coming and the days remaining to run any good air numbers dwindling..... there’s only one thing to do over the summer 🤫. Go big! 1B53E565-DAAB-4F3E-A243-EB1008CDD2BA.jpeg 67DE9084-48AC-493C-93F2-33BF91E2E798.jpeg 4968678E-7ADA-429C-906A-5484F48DDFCD.jpeg

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #752
The verdict is back on my trans. I’ve exceeded the 1500hp limit of the econo 400 in a 4300 lb car. Seeing that I’m not going backwards in the hp dept any time in the future, a decision was come to and a deal made with Coan Engineering. It was only $1000 to repair mine if I chose to go with the fix and repeat plan. Instead.... I opted to replace it with their Factory Showdown (Dragpak) version. With lighter and much stronger internals (and gear ratios chosen to suit my car) it will be stronger (and faster). I’m getting started next weekend on setting up a complete changeover to the stand alone system that will work with the new Whipple manual throttle body race superchargers for next year.

Last edited:

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Those eff systems are awesome to say the least . I will be working with one in my buddies pro street truck .

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
The verdict is back on my trans. I’ve exceeded the 1500hp limit of the econo 400 in a 4300 lb car. Seeing that I’m not going backwards in the hp dept any time in the future, a decision was come to and a deal made with Coan Engineering. It was only $1000 to repair mine if I chose to go with the fix and repeat plan. Instead.... I opted to replace it with their Factory Shootout (Dragpak) version. With lighter and much stronger internals (and gear ratios chosen to suit my car) it will be stronger (and faster). I’m getting started next weekend on setting up a complete changeover to the stand alone system that will work with the new Whipple manual throttle body race superchargers for next year.
Your car is a drag pack hybrid lol ( my car is a demon hybrid)

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
The verdict is back on my trans. I’ve exceeded the 1500hp limit of the econo 400 in a 4300 lb car. Seeing that I’m not going backwards in the hp dept any time in the future, a decision was come to and a deal made with Coan Engineering. It was only $1000 to repair mine if I chose to go with the fix and repeat plan. Instead.... I opted to replace it with their Factory Shootout (Dragpak) version. With lighter and much stronger internals (and gear ratios chosen to suit my car) it will be stronger (and faster). I’m getting started next weekend on setting up a complete changeover to the stand alone system that will work with the new Whipple manual throttle body race superchargers for next year.
The way your car is going, you’re going to need a pilot license 👍

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #756
The way your car is going, you’re going to need a pilot license 👍
Lol. I already have one. Flying makes doing this look cheap!

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #757
Your car is a drag pack hybrid lol ( my car is a demon hybrid)

Yeah. Basically I guess that’s the goal. I would most like to have a FSS DragPak, but that’s not going to happen. The friend that I’m sort of following here in Utah tried to get one and couldn’t. So... we’re building our own. He’s one step ahead of me and that helps. Seven second Whipple HellPaks. Gotta have something to do and I guess this is it. 😎

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Lol. I already have one. Flying makes doing this look cheap!
Very true! Don’t ask me how I know😳😳

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Yeah. Basically I guess that’s the goal. I would most like to have a FSS DragPak, but that’s not going to happen. The friend that I’m sort of following here in Utah tried to get one and couldn’t. So... we’re building our own. He’s one step ahead of me and that helps. Seven second Whipple HellPaks. Gotta have something to do and I guess this is it.
Hellpack .... I like that !!

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #760
Car is back home and ready to go! Just like it never happened 😖. So.... a recap. The motor is making a estimated 1500hp at the FW. Running 159 mph in the 1/4 at 4500 lbs says so. The new trans is supposed to be good for 1900hp at 3700 lbs (DragPak) according to Coan Engineering. The new rear end and DragPak suspension is working great and knocked close to 300 lbs out of the total. It’s still a full (everything works) street car and with the latest round of tuning it’s purring like a kitten. So.... done? Never! 😂