Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Success! 12" wide - square/rotatable WHEELS FOR A WIDEBODY

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
So if a guy could only choose 1 for both street and a few track days a year...PS4S would make a decent choice? (non-widebody)
I had some bizarre behaviour from my PS4s and had discount tire take them back (which they generally will not do). There are posts on here about that. I believe one or two others have seen something similar, but most seem to not have had any problems.

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I had some bizarre behaviour from my PS4s and had discount tire take them back (which they generally will not do). There are posts on here about that. I believe one or two others have seen something similar, but most seem to not have had any problems.
I keep going back and forth between the PS4S and the Continental ECS. I think either would be a step up from the P Zero summers I have now...Just want to avoid being disappointed.

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
Can’t believe I missed this thread. Looks good. And +2 on the Cup2 tires. You’ll be very happy on the track. Just warm them up slowly as you learn them. (Not sure why I’m telling you that - you already know this....)

kgrencer

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgefield
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBRE F8 Green
incredible. What is the ETA on the rest of the wheels? Can't wait to see it on all 4

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #26
Thank you. That was one of the choices I also had. I love putting the car on the road track, its been great fun. Out of curiosity did you make any suspension mods, did you add strut tower support in front or back?
Oh my. Suspension mods? I have an illness and really like going fast at the tracks also. Glad to hear you do too! So I think this is a good start to help our apparent handicaps! The front strut connector is in. That was low hanging fruit, did that myself. Here we go, I think this is it for this season. Ready to get installed are all four corner adjustable AAD arms (those fronts with spherical bearings are absolute jewels), BMR adj rear toe arms, polyurethane cradle bushings, fixed tension arms with a couple of upgraded bushings, some sway links for now and front KW springs added in for good measure. I use Demon Performance rotors all around for the track along with Hawk DTC pads. The brake lines stay full of Castrol SRF. What do you think? Those Cup 2’s going work with those 12” wheels?

So if a guy could only choose 1 for both street and a few track days a year...PS4S would make a decent choice? (non-widebody)
My ‘15 modified almost as well as I am going to do the RE ran the same times the stock Redeye did on R888R 305/35 on 11”’s. The ‘15 did it with only 285/35 PS4S’s on the skinny regular body OE wheels!

Yes, @McLovin do the PS4S tires. I believe you will be happy.

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Oh my. Suspension mods? I have an illness and really like going fast at the tracks also. Glad to hear you do too! So I think this is a good start to help our apparent handicaps! The front strut connector is in. That was low hanging fruit, did that myself. Here we go, I think this is it for this season. Ready to get installed are all four corner adjustable AAD arms (those fronts with spherical bearings are absolute jewels), BMR adj rear toe arms, polyurethane cradle bushings, fixed tension arms with a couple of upgraded bushings, some sway links for now and front KW springs added in for good measure. I use Demon Performance rotors all around for the track along with Hawk DTC pads. The brake lines stay full of Castrol SRF. What do you think? Those Cup 2’s going work with those 12” wheels?

My ‘15 modified almost as well as I am going to do the RE ran the same times the stock Redeye did on R888R 305/35 on 11”’s. The ‘15 did it with only 285/35 PS4S’s on the skinny regular body OE wheels!

Yes, @McLovin do the PS4S tires. I believe you will be happy.
Thanks for the feedback. Think I'll do the 285s all around. I was considering going to 295 in the rear, but then I lose the ability to rotate.

I'll be interested to see what the RE does this year with your mods compared to your '15. I don't necessarily need to extra power on the track I run (although it would be nice), but seeing those 4 steamrollers on the WB while at the track makes me a bit disappointed that I can't run them.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #28
incredible. What is the ETA on the rest of the wheels? Can't wait to see it on all 4
Should be next week. The big rears should arrive at Triumph this afternoon. I can’t wait to mount all four and get the queen outside to share pictures! It has not had the sun shine on it since October. I had to polish it last weekend because it was getting pale!:p

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #29
Thanks for the feedback. Think I'll do the 285s all around. I was considering going to 295 in the rear, but then I lose the ability to rotate.

I'll be interested to see what the RE does this year with your mods compared to your '15. I don't necessarily need to extra power on the track I run (although it would be nice), but seeing those 4 steamrollers on the WB while at the track makes me a bit disappointed that I can't run them.
Agree. That is really why I got the Widebody. To do it better, it needed more tire and more wheel to drive them. It is still heavy, but this should help.

Agree on the power, there is not too many places to use it. BUT, when I can, it will be fun with the 345’s on the back. I know that because the PS4S works so well on the street.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #30

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Looks great David! Can't wait to see more :)

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #33
He got the big rears delivered today. Fresh from the factory I am told. I'll need to heat cycle them and the fronts the first time. That will be a drag after a session on them I expect. I believe he will get them on the road tomorrow. Hope the driveway stays dry for pictures next week.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #34
Biz sent me some teasers this morning. This is the best IMO. 57F4570E-5580-4AF7-99B5-DBB9C9591422.jpeg

TRIUMPH

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brea
State
CA
Country
United States
Added the final touches and are ready to ship...can’t wait to see new set up mounted!
BD31EFDB-C464-4475-BF1D-E243CD4AC30B.jpeg

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #36
Thanks Biz, I think it will look more "modern" with that style.
We will at least get some pictures inside. If the driveway is dry we will take some outside shots. Keep the fingers crossed. I stopped believing the weather people long ago. They have a 50/50 crap shoot after a few days out.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Those are the definition of MEATY!!!

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #38
Those are the definition of MEATY!!!
I think this could be fun. I know they will be an asset on the course, but it will be interesting to compare to the PS4S's for acceleration once it warms up around here in for that week in July!

TRIUMPH

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brea
State
CA
Country
United States
Thanks Biz, I think it will look more "modern" with that style.
We will at least get some pictures inside. If the driveway is dry we will take some outside shots. Keep the fingers crossed. I stopped believing the weather people long ago. They have a 50/50 crap shoot after a few days out.
Agreed and can’t wait!!

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
It's interesting the load rating on a tire that size is the same as our 275/40 and 305/35.